Pasty Wagon Accident

PastyBoy

Indeed it is Adrian Flux brokering it out to Equity Red Star.

To be honest i'm sure the cancellation fees are all in the small print in the policy booklet (which no one ever reads) but then you never expect to have to cancel a policy. I do also know that they really seem to struggle with standard cars and i only put Mrs Pasty's car with them this year cos they agreed to a special discount as I was already a policy holder which got them down to the same price point as everyone else.

Also at that point I assumed that they'd carry out a top service should i ever need them for anything

guess maybe i was wrong.

Just keeping solace in the fact I've got a new car on the way.

Sorry to hear all this Pasty. :(

Sad, but not completely unexpected.

Have dealt with numerous claims now (personal and work) and you get an idea how the system works.

If it's not your fault you still have a decent chance of getting shafted unfortunately.

You would think that it would be possible to claim for any costs to yourself, from the other party's insurance. Bit of financial cannibalism I guess, but I don't see why the other part's insurance shouldn't pay for your insurance woes.

But it's good to know ADRIAN FLUX and EQUITY RED STAR are the helpful companies

You would think that it would be possible to claim for any costs to yourself, from the other party's insurance. Bit of financial cannibalism I guess, but I don't see why the other part's insurance shouldn't pay for your insurance woes.

But it's good to know ADRIAN FLUX and EQUITY RED STAR are the helpful companies

To be fair, there is little difference between companies.

The Freelander driver's insurance company won't admit liability until forced to do so, video proof is shown (no dash cams) or the third part admits liability because they have been told by their client that it's Pasty's fault.

At the risk of repeating there doesn't sound like there is any true independent source of information about what happened.

So there is very little either Adrian Flux or Equity Red Star can do.

They can't force the other insurance company to admit liability and pay up.

They have to follow procedure and if all else fails take them to court, which usually sees them give in and pay up just before.

We had the same at work.

Lady was hit by a guy driving on the wrong side of the road, took 10 months for the other side to admit liability despite a witness and him hitting two cars.

He said it wasn't his fault.

Fitted a drive recorder to her car after that.

When she got hit again there were no witnesses.

But liability was conceded almost instantly upon me putting the footage on youtube and the police used the footage to give the other driver 5 points on his license.

At the risk of banging the drive recorder drum on Pasty's thread they are a waste of time until you need them, then they can be worth their weight in gold.

Just like insurance, but without the hassle when you claim. :D

• Like 1

I feel for you, I still cannot believe that the woman is trying to say its not her fault!! Anyway you coat it, its still ****!

I'm just glad that my claim has gone though ok so far.......though I have to pay £40 to cover the insurance of the courtesy car, plus £15.00 for the fuel to which I have to return it with same amount, so why do I need to pay it? And I also have to clean it before I return it (I've not even washed my own car so I'm not going to wash someone else's!!). Add that to the call charges to arrange everything. And I wont even start on about the increase on my policy in a few months time, all because some numpty was too busy looking at the shops to notice that I had stopped in the traffic.

Seriously with insurance, you might as well go dogging and stick a free entry to all sign on ya ass!

This whole debacle is enough to put me off ever getting involved in an insurance claim at all, but as is the nature of the beast, I cannot make that call from my own decisions (to a point).

To be honest I think if my claims guys weren't being so positive I wouldn't be so annoyed.

Had they come out at the beginning and said "oh this might be tricky" I'd have accepted the debacle that has unfolded.

However to consistently be told "you weren't in the wrong" "no we don't need any more info" "we are more than happy to fight this based on your report" kind of gets your hopes up.

Even more frustrating that things only seem to happen when I chase.

I did plead to my boss as work "what did I do wrong?" and his sage advise was "Nothing. You just got hit by the wrong person"

As if fighting insurance companies wasn't bad enough when the third party who hits you also works for an insurance company I guess the fight is always going to be long and hard.

The latest nuggets of knowledge I extracted from my claims people was that "unless they can specifically prove you were on the wrong side of the road it will be deemed her fault". If it's that fecking simple why hasn't that happened in the last 8 weeks?!

Ah well. To be honest there are still 8 months for them to get it sorted before it actually causes me any more woes.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Bloody Nora! This just goes from bad to worse for you. Really feel for you in all this, must be SO frustrating.

Weird with your separate Flux problem, around changing policy details and underwriters if necessary. I'm with Chris Knott and may need to change underwriters mid term when the Yeti arrives. They've confirmed that isn't a problem. Only thing I can think of is the ongoing open claim on your policy? But as you say, that issue is firmly in their court.

Fingers continue to be crossed for you!!

The one thing I'm taking from this thread is that a driver recorder might be a better investment than I previously thought.

Seriously you should forward this thread to the insurance, as long as it's kept factual. It may well help?

Well the windscreen claim has gone away.

I'm glad you've got a bit of good news after all the BS you've been through.

Keep your chin up, don't let the bast**ds grind you down.

Sharpyy

Well the windscreen claim has gone away.

I called this morning to "discuss" the incident report forms and was told quicly quickly and happily that "the supplier has closed the case at their end so we will do the same and you can bin the paperwork"

Maybe a sign things are finally changing for the better.

On the phone right now to try and get a similar result from the claims guys!

Fingers crossed for you. I find that if I live my live expecting the worst from people, I'm pleasantly surprised more often  :giggle:

Well the claims is not that easy.

They've still had nothing new from the third party yet, despite requesting her accident report forms.

ah well 1 out of 2 is good

Cant reply to your PM's for some reason. Anyway, glad at least the hire car issue is sorted. The waiting about bit would be what ****ed me off more than anything, it should take no more than a week to gather informations needed then all cleared up within a month unless it's going to court. All this needless time wasting is stupid. Hope it all works out soon

Hire car company sounded a bit tight, last time i rented a car they gave me the drilling about any damage and what it would cost and asked me to check round the car.

i went back and pointed out a load of stuff that wasnt listed on the known damage list including a stone chip to windscreen. And guy just said oh well that is expected else we would never let a car out.

As for insurance it will get dragged on as long as possible, my accident was last march, constantly called them for updates. As of december they still never asked third party for his statement just said that his insurance was denying fault. January i was given the option to go to court or settle as my fault, as it was going to cost them more if it went to court and as it looked like it was 50/50 they tried to persuade me to settle.

My reply was its not costing me extra its costing you, so take it to court. Havent heard anything since, except everytime i question their work and judgement i get sent a complaints investigation letter.

They're definitely messing about. My car was written off by a foreign driver that lived in Latvia, and claim was settled in under 3 weeks!

And that's communication through an intermediary because the chap lived in a different country.

They were seriously helpful though and all my mods didn't affect the cost of the policy. I'd reccommend churchill highly mate if you're going to renew with a different insurer.

Good luck with everything... Hassle your insurance every day and tell them to chase the 3rd party.

Well I hope it costs them dearly.

Make sure to name + shame the insurance company here after the dust settles, ask all to avoid using them at all costs in future if possible.

Then at the very least they get exposed for the tosspots that they truly are.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

None whatsoever ever.

I phoned then Friday to chase for an update and got a very confused man who wondered what they hell was talking about.

"But you've had your payment, everything is settled"

"Apart from the liability issue and the fact that the claim is still open?"

"Well yes apart from that"

They've submitted their invoice and are waiting for the third party to cough up.

But to do that they will need to change their stance and admit liability.

I can but assume it's exactly the same going to the other way.

Her insurance will have sorted her out and her insurance who'll have submitted their invoice which my insurers will be refusing to pay.

I was told they have 30 days to respond so if I don't hear anything call again in a couple of weeks when that period is up.

It'll probably keep going a while yet. I'm up to six months now and still not settled. Last I heard was about a month ago when my insurance company rang me to say the other party had rejected a 50/50 settlement offer and we're threatening court action. Being as my crash was a head on on a blind bend of a single track road with no independent witnesses, my Insurance company and I have told them to crack on and try and prove their allegations in court. Haven't heard any more since then and it hasn't affected my renewal much so I've stopped caring.

Hope you get some progress soon.