Misting up?

My MK2 Octavia can be rather bad at misting up on the front and rear screens, especially when the weather changes from mild/wet to cold/dry. The fan does clear it eventually but not as quick as I'd like.

Is the MK3 better/same/worse at misting up, and the fan any better at clearing it?

Looking at Elegance 1.4 so no heated screen option.

Thanks

My MK2 Octavia can be rather bad at misting up on the front and rear screens, especially when the weather changes from mild/wet to cold/dry. The fan does clear it eventually but not as quick as I'd like.

Is the MK3 better/same/worse at misting up, and the fan any better at clearing it?

Looking at Elegance 1.4 so no heated screen option.

Thanks

Mine is far better than previous Octy 2. Press the max button on the left control knob & screen clears quickly. The rear screen heater is equally good compared to previous car.

seems a drastic option just to get rid of a misted up screen :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well, the ashtray isn't full yet.

The MK2 fan does seem to be all huff but very little puff, even on full demist

Edited by darrenw

My Mk3 is prone to misting up. Not a major issue, but definitely worse than my previous car, which was a soft top! Usually a few mins om Max Screen each morning then onto auto, but sometimes need to put it back on max screen at some point on journey, especially if there are passengers and if it is raining.

My one and only MkII on a 55 plate was very bad for misting up; would look out the house window and it looked like a 1950's London smog had formed in the car on some days, whereas the Fabia we also had at the time would be clear. Dealer could find no reason why it did this, so hoping the MkIII is better.

TP

Well, the ashtray isn't full yet.

The MK2 fan does seem to be all huff but very little puff, even on full demist

I know what you mean. I make sure the screen is cleaned regularly and have got some dehumidifying bags off ebay after reading other threads which seem to help

Mine seems pretty bad for misting up. It can take ages to clear the front in the morning/evening and have resorted to mopping up with a cloth on the odd occasion. A moisture free zone was one of the things I was looking forward to with a brand new car - it's a bit embarrassing leaving work sometimes, when mine always seems to be one of the worst affected. Once clear, and driving along it seems ok though....

some weird folk down in Kent. 

I knew someone who lived nearby to yourself. Just inside the Sussex border. However they were so fickle they  always said they were in Surrey. Hated it if you addressed a letter as Sussex.

So we may be wierd, however seems the folk in your part of the woods are quite fickle :D

Turn off climate or air con in winter, or until the car is up to temp, close all dash vents, and direct blower to screen,  if dry outside put drivers window down about an inch it acts as a chimney, mine is a taxi so suffer all the wet clothing when wet but hardly have a problem doing the above

My octavia doesn't so much mist up by I have to clean the windows inside virtually everytime I use it (I only use the car once or twice a month-1950miles in 7 months!). There is like a film of dirt on the inside of glass after leaving car in garage for two weeks, I've tried various different window cleaners from meguiars to autoglym but none make a difference. I have thought long and hard about the problem and have concluded that it must be a combination of moisture from wet shoes/clothing evaporating and the slow release of chemicals from glues/materials/carpet and seating protection sprays which build up over the long time car sits and lay onto the glass. It is getting better but car stills smell like new so obviously chemicals must still be being released. It seems to be worse in the autumn/winter. I didn't notice it in the summer. Never had problem with any other car like this, but this is the first new car I have put in this garage and used so little.

I find the AC very good at clearing it in less than a minute or so. There should be a humidity sensor as well on the bottom of the rear view mirror I think. Just press Auto and wait for it :) 

Totally incomparable with my old Mk1 which had no AC and was misting up all the time.

• Like 1

If u have air conditioning turn this on as it should remove moisture. Worked with other cars I have had including my current Octy mk2. But all had full climate control.