Bought a VRS, now everyone drives like fools

Are you shure its black and not yellow? :giggle:

From my experience it comes with the territory. I just chill and let them get on with it..... I quite like hitting 30 at 30 and spoil some numpties day, especially when I reach the other end then wait until I actually reach the NSL or which ever speed limit is in place before I ride the torque and accelerate until I reach that SL, conditions permitting. very childish but good fun. :rofl:  :rofl:

Unsure about you guys, but theres so many ''sport'' branded cars around now'adays that I'm surprised that people actually pay attention to the it now? I mean, you have the S-line or what ever, M-Sport, VRS Diesels plus what ever else you see around that I can't remember at the moment, nevermind the fact that most of these badges have nothing to do with if the car is a performance car, mostly they are not anything special.

I'm quiet happy sitting in my plain badged 1.8t A4 and surprising people when they decide to drive like dicks near me, because it's a audi. Debadge it and enjoy. 

Edited by cysne

whats with the worrying about what speeds you post, do the plod actually read this and care?

as for people wanting to race you.....

you have some options, debadge it and make it look utter ****.

let them past

or boot the **** out of it.

I used to get it all the time in the Fiesta ST, after you've just came back from a trackday on the bike and are nipping to mcdonalds in the car for your tea you really cant be arsed with anyone who thinks their crap box point putting out under 200bhp is quick

• Like 1

The main problem i have in my Octy vRS is people speeding past me on the M20, looking in the rear mirror, then suddenly they are are doing 65 in the inside lane, & I pootle past at 70, they look across to see who is in the car as i pass,  then within 10 seconds are back in the outside tanking it.

It use to be funny but 3 years of it & the funny has worn thin,  I even have a Help For Heroes sticker, Briskoda sticker in the rear passeneger windows along with a briskoda number plate surround & people STILL think I am an unmarked plod .

• Like 2

As an officer said to me once!

"Young man! Its not a goal its a limit!! Keys in the name laddy."

Did you reply "no the key is in the ignition obviously......." 

Can't say I've ever experienced this, generally, with the Golf (which I've had for over 6 years). Golden rule of racing.....only take on those cars you know you can beat. The most satisfying episode I think I've ever had was a young ?? of a rep driving the last shape beemer 320d M Sport. He cut me up on a roundabout. We came out on the other side of said roundabout line abreast and I left him behind. It was soooooo funny watching him disappear in my rear view making lame hand gestures.

Edited by Gizmo68
Please refrain from circumventing the swear filter.
  • Like 2

The main problem i have in my Octy vRS is people speeding past me on the M20, looking in the rear mirror, then suddenly they are are doing 65 in the inside lane, & I pootle past at 70, they look across to see who is in the car as i pass,  then within 10 seconds are back in the outside tanking it.

It use to be funny but 3 years of it & the funny has worn thin,  I even have a Help For Heroes sticker, Briskoda sticker in the rear passeneger windows along with a briskoda number plate surround & people STILL think I am an unmarked plod .

Absolutely love this.. I also wear a white shirt with black epaulette's, which heightens the fun in this game. 

• Like 4

Ned = Scottish chav

Can't say I have ever experienced that at all.

Same here

M8 ma vrs is a taxi and I get all time young boys in there 1 litle corsas clios just laugh at them

Yes

(Sorry, what?)

howd you manage that? could add the reefer i also had on the go and the needles in the back seat

Sewing club?

people STILL think I am an unmarked plod .

I get this too, mostly on the M69, and it's still kind of funny. I think some owners take this too seriously and I'm satin nothing about the grey mk2 seen at the national meet, with the extra two aerials and the suspect flashing beacons in the front and rear windows.

I seemed to be a target for this kind of thing in my red Mk2 vRS. Could be very tiring when just trying to get to and from work. Debadging it made no difference. One of the reasons I decided to get rid of it, despite it being a fantastic car.  

• Like 1

A good mate of mine has just bought a Focus RS (a belting car by the way)! He's a 56 year old bloke who loves his cars and is far from being a boy racer. However, he experiences what you have all the time and is constantly harassed by the slack jawed, baseball cap wearing c*cks who think that by driving two inches off his bumper, he'll give them a race.

Thankfully, he's so laid back he just laughs it off in the knowledge that if he really wanted to, he'd leave them for dead.

I'm hoping in a few years time to own a VRS and will look forward to it!

In the meantime, enjoy it and don't rise to the bait.

FP.

Edited by flying pig
  • Like 2

Never had it in my Octy but certainly get this in the Citigo now. Why is it ?

Because it says Sport?

Like who can I beat with 60bhp anyway :)

I carry on pootling around as normal. I'm in it for economy not racing and I'm way past that age.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

Try driving a Fiat Panda everybody wants to drive over or under you even if you are driving at the speed limit.I have learnt to ignore these aggressive drivers, and as the sand which eater sez just chill out.

Rebadging won't be the total answer, what about the obvious give away, the rear wing???

Round our area the sight of a VRs tends to slow everyone down generally as they are unsure if it's an unmarked Police car, mind you some of the slack jawed sods wearing their Burberry caps tend not to have enough nous to notice anything at all never mind a possible unmarked car waiting to pounce.

I seemed to be a target for this kind of thing in my red Mk2 vRS. Could be very tiring when just trying to get to and from work. Debadging it made no difference. One of the reasons I decided to get rid of it, despite it being a fantastic car.  

Same here. Got thoroughly fedup with all these idiots wanting grand prix starts at traffic lights, and chavs with scummy chummies on board staring at me, snouts pressed against the windows.

It's now up for sale in a secret location.

Not happy about about it, and will miss it, but need to release some much needed dosh anyway.

• Like 1

Came home tonight and a white Scooby, big wing the works, tailed me down this stretch of dual carriageway at 48/49mph, wouldn't pass, he went round two islands twice to gap me then closed up again???, mind you it is the stretch of road the local idiots use to cruise, or to be more accurate race along!!!.

The fact there is a High Court Injunction in place to stop just that seems to have escaped there limited observation powers, just hope that someone doesn't get killed while they play there games, I think we have had two up to yet.

I had my first one tonight :) an entry level astra with a group of young lads in it

poodling along in a 40 doing 40 ish the astra comes whooring up to me stopping inches from my bumper, close then far then close, weaving in and out looking to over take.

he goes for it, we enter a 60........ **** this im not have show some respect

dropped it into 3rd little wheel spin and away.

Im only 26 so its still acceptable.......

I have to agree with the o/p though, im finding a lot of people really don't like getting overtaken by a skoda or maybe the vrs.....

I had a fiesta st with over the top white stripes and white compomotives and while I got my fair amount of neds wanting a race I never really got middle aged men in a a4 2 litre tdi estate thinking they could take me, not wanting a race but gunning it when you go to over take them on a dual carriage way or motorway. I do love the 300 pounds of torque on tap though, even in 6 gear at crusing speed you can see most of these ****s off without breaking a sweat.