Richard's mk1 Fabia thread. (Yes, I have a mk1 Fabia problem...)

BossFox

IIRC the fabia only had two types of rear axle, those with and those without disc brakes. so really any fabia (including a 1.4 16V) with rear discs should be fine for obtaining the rear brake setup, 

Jacks idea of going Petrol to Diesel would be insane as you would need it stripped back to the chassis to fit everything like the Diesel fuel cooler under the car and all sorts of crap which is all too much hassle. Much better to start DERV.

Fuel lines, pump, pumps wiring, fuel tank and filler.....

the list goes on!

so if you have a petrol go 1.8T

• Like 1

IIRC the fabia only had two types of rear axle, those with and those without disc brakes. so really any fabia (including a 1.4 16V) with rear discs should be fine for obtaining the rear brake setup,

Jacks idea of going Petrol to Diesel would be insane as you would need it stripped back to the chassis to fit everything like the Diesel fuel cooler under the car and all sorts of crap which is all too much hassle. Much better to start DERV.

Fuel lines, pump, pumps wiring, fuel tank and filler.....

the list goes on!

so if you have a petrol go 1.8T

Ik that's why I was looking at a sdi estate up the road :notme:
  • Like 2

I just went and checked my Y plate FGF and you are right, it's got discs.

That's that problem sorted the easy way then.

• Like 2

I'm guessing the MPI won't :devil:

No, every Fabia Mk1 ive ever worked on (so mainly petrol models), if it has equal or greater than 100bhp, they have rear disc brakes. Not sure about the Automatics, as they were only 75bhp (in 1.4 16V form) or something rubbish in the 1.2 form. or the PD100 engines. 

No, every Fabia Mk1 ive ever worked on (so mainly petrol models), if it has equal or greater than 100bhp, they have rear disc brakes. Not sure about the Automatics, as they were only 75bhp (in 1.4 16V form) or something rubbish in the 1.2 form. or the PD100 engines. 

The auto Fabia (MK1) was only ever a 1.4 16v 75 BHP lump and had rear drum brakes I believe...

In which case hes looking for a fabia with:

1.4 16V

2.0 8V (Mustang Slayer!!)

PD130

PD100? - not sure about this one, perhaps Lee would know whats fitted to his?

things are indeed fitted to mine :D

Rear discs, same size as the standard PD 130. I think the rear discs are all one size.

• Like 1