Do you have a plan B?

Been watching this thread for a while and can only sense you guys are building a support network to allow yourselves to feel better about spending more money on better cars be they current or outgoing models.  If you're all happy great but, I do wonder how you are going to feel when your following a vRS in your replacement cars ?

Regards

T

@bd1970, is that the number bridge in Tue background? If so did you order your vRS from Skoda Hull? That's where my order is placed and I'm getting little in the way of updates from them.

Been watching this thread for a while and can only sense you guys are building a support network to allow yourselves to feel better about spending more money on better cars be they current or outgoing models.  If you're all happy great but, I do wonder how you are going to feel when your following a vRS in your replacement cars ?

Regards

T

Isn't Briskoda itself a support network for all people who have decided not to spend the extra on the car they really wanted while using the financial saving as a justification?! Hahaaaaaaaaaa!!! Only messin' with ya! ;-)

Briskoda is one of the better support forums I've visited. Sorry I wont be staying longer. Just wanted to share my experiences and solutions with people in a similar situation. I simply can't afford to wait until August for my car.

I may just be able to afford a nice little Elise with the cash I've saved buying the aging Merc! Now that's a happy ending!!! :-D

Goodbye!

• Like 1

@bd1970, is that the number bridge in Tue background? If so did you order your vRS from Skoda Hull? That's where my order is placed and I'm getting little in the way of updates from them.

It is the Humber Bridge! That's where I found the Merc. Skoda was ordered from Bickertons in Sheffield. They were very good. Honest and upfront about all the delays but they knew no more than we do.

I had an email from audi on Friday to say the car is being built this week, so should be here end of the month - ish. Very pleased with my plan B! :)

• Like 2

image.jpg

Cancelled my December order on Friday after dealer was up front and suggested a July/Aug delivery at the earliest for my black vrs estate with all the toys. Frustrated and disappointed but hopefully finding this AMG Sport Plus ex demo with extras will soften the blow... ;-)

Good luck peeps. Hope it works out for you all! I may come back when the MkIV queue has died down!!!

Cheers,

Dave.

Well I have to say, 3 days in and I can't fault my sport plus, I don't want to start comparing the cars but as they are good in different ways however I'm actually now thinking the delay did me a favour.

• Like 1

Been watching this thread for a while and can only sense you guys are building a support network to allow yourselves to feel better about spending more money on better cars be they current or outgoing models. If you're all happy great but, I do wonder how you are going to feel when your following a vRS in your replacement cars ?

Regards

T

Who's spending more money, I didn't and got what is perceived to be a higher class motor into the bargain. Performance is up there and it's, in my opinion, a nicer cabin, that said I appreciate not everyone can manage with the loss of internal space.

I see a new VRS and it's brings a rye smile, I don't feel sad and I don't feel superior either.

I believe in fate and this is where it brought me, each to their own and obviously some people have more patience than others.

• Like 1

Regards

T

Not sure what motivates a post like this. This thread only exists as there are significant delivery delays and a lack of information on VRS's. The impact varies from some members being frustrated, to some being out of pocket and left without a car for long periods due to their lease expiring.

With a number of members 3 months into ordering and still not having a delivery date, it is not exactly an ideal situation. It's only natural that some, like myself, have discussed and then chosen to cancel. Some have been genuinely surprised and informed of the offers available on alternatives and this has helped their with their decisions.

It hasn't turned into a VRS knocking or comparison thread, so not really sure what the issue is. If some like me, choose to spend ~£11 more a month on an alternative, again is that in issue? It's certainly not given me any heartburn :)

Personally, I have no regrets in cancelling. I don't get emotionally attached to cars, and don't see a diesel VRS as a high performance saloon and get excited over it, so it's not a trauma for me. However, I do appreciate that some members do, and good for them. No one is denying the VRS is a very good car, it can just take a very long time to arrive to actually enjoy it! ;)

Cheers

Steve :)

I am off to the Jaguar Factory (at their invitation) in a couple of hours to see my Plan B being built.

They are even lending me a Jag for the day for the 320 mile round trip!

Car will be delivered to me later next week, less than 5 weeks after ordering it...

• Like 4

I am off to the Jaguar Factory (at their invitation) in a couple of hours to see my Plan B being built.

They are even lending me a Jag for the day for the 320 mile round trip!

Car will be delivered to me later next week, less than 5 weeks after ordering it...

Enjoy!

Who's spending more money, I didn't and got what is perceived to be a higher class motor into the bargain. Performance is up there and it's, in my opinion, a nicer cabin, that said I appreciate not everyone can manage with the loss of internal space.

I see a new VRS and it's brings a rye smile, I don't feel sad and I don't feel superior either.

I believe in fate and this is where it brought me, each to their own and obviously some people have more patience than others.

Despite the fact its a run-out model now its a gorgeous car and a relative bargain given what it would have listed at.

You could do alot worse than to buy a lovely looking, high spec premium german saloon at practically Octavia vRS money. If Id been in the same situation Id almost have certainly looked to do the same thing.

I guess there are a lot of OctyII Blackline owners who are perfectly happy with their "old models" as well - the fine edged sword of getting the best built of the last version (usually!) versus the latest new car on the block..

I'd agree, should there be any issues with my C250 I would expect the dealers to be pretty much aware of anything and everything that can go wrong by now leading to less hassle for me in terms of getting it fixed.

Well, after much deliberation, I've also cancelled my order.

I ordered on the 6th of Feb and 5 weeks later I had had no info on build dates or anything. 

Then, out of the blue, my local VW dealer offered me a fully loaded Passat CC. I've had one before and it's the best car I have ever had so I've gone for it, pick it up at the end of March.

I have to say though, it's a great forum that is unmatched in the VW CC world.

Ta

Edited by biano44

I ordered on the 6th of Feb and 5 weeks later I had had no info on build dates or anything. 

Then, out of the blue, my local VW dealer offered me a fully loaded Passat CC. I've had one before and it's the best car I have ever had so I've gone for it, pick it up at the end of March.

Ta

My first post here. I've just ordered a Vrs TDI Manual with plenty of extras, so after a brief google I found this site and have watched for a few days, especially some of the horror stories of long delays.

I'm pretty concerned as my current cars lease is due at the end of May and I'm not holding out much hope that the car will be anywhere near built by then.

I too had a Passat CC GT and it was definitely the best car I've ever had (and I've had quite a few!). I really wanted something different and the Octavia ticked most of the boxes, however if my build date is confirmed as Q3 then I'm going to have to look at alternatives, I just can't wait that long. C Class and Passat CC R Line would be high on the subs bench.

post-109609-0-07115100-1394479824_thumb.jpg

Here I am with my plan B. Jag lent me an XF and a tank of fuel to drive to the factory and see my new car on the production line. This time next week, it should be waiting for me at the dealers...

I hope I don't look too smug ;-)

• Like 2

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Here I am with my plan B. Jag lent me an XF and a tank of fuel to drive to the factory and see my new car on the production line. This time next week, it should be waiting for me at the dealers...

Thats a fantastic service you have had, and lending you a jag to visit just tops it off.

Good choice.

Ta

Had the same experience, my vw dealer that my GTI PP is coming from at end of month could offer me a number of Passat estate that were on ships or at docks etc with varying specs. In the end I went for a good spec Passat Alltrack 177tdi dsg and just over 6k off the price. To good to pass up and car will be here end of month also..

Another VRS up for grabs for some lucky person what was the spec and who's the dealer.

vRS TDI estate DSG

Meteor Grey

Sunset Glass

Black Pack

Colour Maxi Dot

Canton

Sat Nav

Bluetooth+

Cruise Control

Heated seats

Heated windscreen

Heated washer jets

Sandicliffe Skoda (was Farmers) of Leicester

My first post here. I've just ordered a Vrs TDI Manual with plenty of extras, so after a brief google I found this site and have watched for a few days, especially some of the horror stories of long delays.

I'm pretty concerned as my current cars lease is due at the end of May and I'm not holding out much hope that the car will be anywhere near built by then.

I too had a Passat CC GT and it was definitely the best car I've ever had (and I've had quite a few!). I really wanted something different and the Octavia ticked most of the boxes, however if my build date is confirmed as Q3 then I'm going to have to look at alternatives, I just can't wait that long. C Class and Passat CC R Line would be high on the subs bench.

Had the same experience, my vw dealer that my GTI PP is coming from at end of month could offer me a number of Passat estate that were on ships or at docks etc with varying specs. In the end I went for a good spec Passat Alltrack 177tdi dsg and just over 6k off the price. To good to pass up and car will be here end of month also..

Well, the one I've gone for is a couple of years old but not to many miles, however, it was quite cheap and has every option except for a sunroof........it's even got air conditioned, massaging seats in Nappa leather.

I couldn't resist.

I hope it's as good (better?) than the last one, it certainly looks the part.

Edited by biano44
  • Like 1

Give your Skoda dealer a call, ask them to check all other cancelled vRS orders ust as y neighbour did. He wasn't bothered bout too many options & had a vRS in just 3 weeks!!

Petrol Grey saloon with winter pack & cruise. He ordered a spare wheel from the dealer which took two weeks & is now well pleased. 

I ordered a white vRS tdi estate on 11th Oct....... AND was told today that it is finally built & waiting to be shipped to UK. However, I cant pick up until 11th April earliest now due to work. Ah well.

Plan B:

Kia Optima Estate - Diesel with & options which I had yet to decide on.

Leon ST estate - same car & touch cheaper

Golf Estate - 150 TDi SE - with a few options.

Another Superb Estate (brilliant car but with new one due in 15 wasn't gonna take a depreciation hit)

Honda Civic Tourer diesel -with options.

Mazda 6 Estate - Beautiful but somehow didn't feel right when sat in it.

If a lease or PCP were an option maybe my choices might have been different. But, glad I stuck with it. will have a car this time next month. 

If I were someone who has been waiting even longer than I have, ask your dealer to find you a cancellation vRS. They wont cancel your order, they will take delivery (whenever that is) & shift it in minutes, 

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thats amazing, clever though.

You realise this could make you a loyal customer for life now? :) because i totally would be !

• Like 1