Retro fit footwell lights Octy III

39 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

Is there a non led version on Amazon? 

The lamps are easy to fit. The units just unplug. When mine came they were certainly not led just normal lamps as in the interior lamps a warm white. I changed mine to green just to be different. But I'm a chav. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

Anyone know of this will work with facelift? Also is it something that needs to be left plugged in? 

Thanks, 

Mick 

I would have a look in your area if someone has vcds. I can't see the bcm being any different and location in the same area. Looks to me like a couple of cosmetic changes and a better head unit. 

Edited by arnold
  • Thanks 1

I'm not great at this sort of thing. The hardest bit is getting your hand up under the dash to take the Bcm plug out. The rest is easy. Half a day's work. Then drive to the dealer and show them. 

I ordered the bold sport non led versions... could have gotten cheaper or more expensive.. didn't want the leds as want to match the rest of interior lights. All I need now is a kind soul to help me fit and code in Dublin :)

8 hours ago, Cricri said:

Should we have to disconnect the battery before to take the BCM plug out?

Any risks? 

Cant see any . I unplugged and plugged back in again several times without disconnecting the battery .

• 2 weeks later...

hi folks,

my boldsport lights and kufatec dongle have arrived. Is there any harm in trying to use the dongle to enable the light options before fitting the lights? The procedure for the dongle seems straightforward - plug in with the ignition off, then ignition on and it should work its magic. I know its an expensive solution but hopefully it works ok. I checked with them to ensure was compatible with facelift and they said it was. Asked for my vin number which I provided and they said is compatible.

cheers,

mick

54 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

also on fitting - the lamps themselves - are there screws to hold them in place or do they just sit in the slots provided?

thanks,

mick

No screws - they just "click" in place. Give us an update on the dongle. I´ve tried to code footwell lights on my Golf 2016 (same/same as an Octavia), but without success.

3 hours ago, GaSelle said:

No screws - they just "click" in place. Give us an update on the dongle. I´ve tried to code footwell lights on my Golf 2016 (same/same as an Octavia), but without success.

thanks - im assuming there's no harm in trying the coding without the lights fitted? the option should appear in the menu's on infotainment but there would be nothing plugged in? I guess there's a chance the coding wont work if the wire isn't inserted in the loom?

3 hours ago, Micks_address said:

thanks - im assuming there's no harm in trying the coding without the lights fitted? the option should appear in the menu's on infotainment but there would be nothing plugged in? I guess there's a chance the coding wont work if the wire isn't inserted in the loom?

Yep No harm in doing the coding . I used VCDS but i guess the dongle will do the same adjustments awaiting connection to the BCM . Thats the hard bit getting the pin in the right place in the bcm plug. Once its in your a bit knackered if its in the wrong hole without special tools / repair kit.

5 minutes ago, arnold said:

Yep No harm in doing the coding . I used VCDS but i guess the dongle will do the same adjustments awaiting connection to the BCM . Thats the hard bit getting the pin in the right place in the bcm plug. Once its in your a bit knackered if its in the wrong hole without special tools / repair kit.

And just to verify it's pin 72 on the BCM?

Edited by Micks_address

58 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

Hi folk's,

Tried the dongle. Followed instructions as below.

I don't have the footwell light slider in lights in settings. I turned ignition on to point before starting engine. Inserted dongle. The led went solid red maybe for three seconds then started to flash at maybe one second intervals. I left it like that for maybe 30 seconds before trying again. I'm not if I'm doing something wrong or maybe the lights need to be connected before coding?

Thanks,

Mick

Hello,

I will briefly describe the use of the dongle.

Start ignition of the vehicle (engine must be off)

Insert the dongle into the OBD socket

The coding is started as soon as the LED is permanently lit. After this is extinguished, you can disconnect the dongle again.

The encoding is complete.

If a fault occurs (fast flashing LED) simply start again from the beginning.

Best regards

Suwtec GmbH

1 hour ago, Micks_address said:

Yep pin 72. Just a bit scary. I did mine after having the car just a couple of months then thought about what i was doing pulling apart a 27000 pound car. The bonnet release is a bitch to get off. Routing the wires easy. Getting the BCM plug back in a bugger. Glovebox is tricky but once you get the hang of it all goes together ok. Give yourself half a day at least. My bcm plug broke but i managed to get it back in regardless just the casing fell apart.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's,

Fitted lights this morning. Took couple of hours. The bonnet release handle nearly stumped us. With that and lights untangled it was reasonably straight forward. The electrical guy I know was great. Everything neat and tidy. Still need to have them coded but hopefully will during the week. Created a small YouTube video describing handle removal

https://youtu.be/2upmPRgAFu4

Cheer's,

Mick

Edited by Micks_address
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 14:34, Micks_address said:

Hi folk's,

Fitted lights this morning. Took couple of hours. The bonnet release handle nearly stumped us. With that and lights untangled it was reasonably straight forward. The electrical guy I know was great. Everything neat and tidy. Still need to have them coded but hopefully will during the week. Created a small YouTube video describing handle removal

https://youtu.be/2upmPRgAFu4

Cheer's,

Mick

Hi folk's,

Hoping to get coding done tomorrow. Can I ask what people are setting the light ceiling in vcds to be? 100 or lower? I didn't go for the LEDs so might be ok at 100

Hi folk's,

Tried coding this morning 

Vcds version 17.8

We followed instructions on page two of thread but couldn't find option re interior lighting. Anyone have instructions for new version of vcds? When we went into adaptions tons of options.

Thanks,

Mick