Retro fit footwell lights Octy III

Hi folks, 

I ordered these on my facelift which I collected today but they are missing. I'll be onto dealer Monday morning. I'm assuming they can fit easy enough? They are on the order form. 

Thanks, 

Mick 

In the menu ;).

Just stick your head in the footwell and you will see them...

... or not if they are not there :)...

Edited by mtl

2 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

They not there... Slots are empty... Will be into dealer in morning 

They are an easy retro-fit, do not let the dealer fob you off.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

They are an easy retro-fit, do not let the dealer fob you off.

Thanks they are on the order form. I wonder would they be able to fit tomorrow? Off on holidays Tuesday... They not major like but will bug me till they fitted 

Hi,guys Iam also interested to retrofit footwell lights.Just the front ones....what if I wire them from door light(red one)...Would that work? I've got those cut-out holes ready under dash. Just trying to stay away from vag coding and keep the cost down......

9 hours ago, matejxxx said:

Hi,guys Iam also interested to retrofit footwell lights.Just the front ones....what if I wire them from door light(red one)...Would that work? I've got those cut-out holes ready under dash. Just trying to stay away from vag coding and keep the cost down......

The wiring would be even more difficult as it's only possible through the door connectors. New pins and terminals into the connectors, etc. And I guess the door controller (which powers the warning lamp) wouldn't be happy with the extra load (10 Watts instead of 5).

Door cards also would need removing.

The lights would be active only with doors open without the possibility to adjust their brightness.

Do it properly. :)

Thanks for advice.

What about top interior light to hook them up? I've read somewhere on octy MK2 forum. So would It cause some issues? I know It's best to do it properly but don't have access to VCDS.Trying to find simple solution but also do it safely and not ended up blowing up some fuse.

9 hours ago, matejxxx said:

Thanks for advice.

What about top interior light to hook them up? I've read somewhere on octy MK2 forum. So would It cause some issues? I know It's best to do it properly but don't have access to VCDS.Trying to find simple solution but also do it safely and not ended up blowing up some fuse.

Also if I change them to good Led bulbs that should do the trick As far as I know they got less consumption then standard halogen(about 1w per bulb).

Edited by matejxxx

On 7/7/2017 at 10:32, matejxxx said:

Also if I change them to good Led bulbs that should do the trick As far as I know they got less consumption then standard halogen(about 1w per bulb).

Are you from Slovenia?

VCDS is not a problem, @mtl can help you with that - PM him.

As aki78 said, it's much easier to connect it to BCM then to door controllers. Believe me, I did 2 cars already with footwels and door safety lights. If you need help with wiring, you can contact me.

Hi folks, 

Talked to dealer there and he said skoda don't supply these after factory and the workshop has told him they can't be fitted as they need to be wired into a loom at factory level? 

Thanks, 

Mick 

6 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

Hi folks, 

Talked to dealer there and he said skoda don't supply these after factory and the workshop has told him they can't be fitted as they need to be wired into a loom at factory level? 

Thanks, 

Mick 

Have a go yourself. It is a bit of a ball ache routing the wires and took me 1/2 a day but got there in the end. I guess the face lift has the same BCM as i cant see much difference between them. Mines an early 2016 and the coding was a bit tricky but they work. 

3 minutes ago, arnold said:

Have a go yourself. It is a bit of a ball ache routing the wires and took me 1/2 a day but got there in the end. I guess the face lift has the same BCM as i cant see much difference between them. Mines an early 2016 and the coding was a bit tricky but they work. 

Dont want to for an option I paid for. They checking with place that has put them in golf for them to see if they can do it.. 

Edited by Micks_address

• 2 weeks later...

ok folks, so the dealer has come back to me and says that there is no one supplying 'official' skoda footwell lighting these cannot be retro fitted. Its such a small thing but I know it will bug me. I could offer to get the kit for him from the likes of bold sport but they probably wont fit on grounds of warranty

The bold sport ones are hugely overpriced. The exact same ones on Amazon at 18 quid. I bought my originals from bold sport and paid the extra for 6000k led lamps again overpriced but I thought they would be of reasonable quality. All lamps failed in 3 weeks and 2 of the holders broke on installation hence I bought the cheaper ones from amazon to replace.. 

2 hours ago, arnold said:

The bold sport ones are hugely overpriced. The exact same ones on Amazon at 18 quid. I bought my originals from bold sport and paid the extra for 6000k led lamps again overpriced but I thought they would be of reasonable quality. All lamps failed in 3 weeks and 2 of the holders broke on installation hence I bought the cheaper ones from amazon to replace.. 

would you have a link to the ones from amazon?