Is this the new CitiGo Monte Carlo

saurabhdutt

Sounds like it - with comments like this:

"In Geneva, ŠKODA will set a decidedly sporty tone with the simultaneous launch of three special Monte Carlo editions. For the first time, the manufacturer will present Monte Carlo variants of the ŠKODA Citigo, ŠKODA Yeti and ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback. With the existing ŠKODA Fabia and ŠKODA Fabia Combi, there will now be five Monte Carlo special models available from ŠKODA.

These sportily-designed vehicles have impressive black aluminium wheels in sizes 15 to 17 inches, dark-tinted rear and back side windows (SunSet) and distinctive design features in black. The Yeti and the Rapid Spaceback Monte Carlo have a black roof. The interior of the Monte Carlo models have a special red-stitched steering wheel, black interior and sports seats with distinct fabric design."

That last bit already sounds like the "sport" in most ways.

• Like 1

Sounds like it - with comments like this:

"In Geneva, ŠKODA will set a decidedly sporty tone with the simultaneous launch of three special Monte Carlo editions. For the first time, the manufacturer will present Monte Carlo variants of the ŠKODA Citigo, ŠKODA Yeti and ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback. With the existing ŠKODA Fabia and ŠKODA Fabia Combi, there will now be five Monte Carlo special models available from ŠKODA.

These sportily-designed vehicles have impressive black aluminium wheels in sizes 15 to 17 inches, dark-tinted rear and back side windows (SunSet) and distinctive design features in black. The Yeti and the Rapid Spaceback Monte Carlo have a black roof. The interior of the Monte Carlo models have a special red-stitched steering wheel, black interior and sports seats with distinct fabric design."

That last bit already sounds like the "sport" in most ways.

True. I still prefere the look of our sport.

I thought the Monte Carlo was basically a way of giving people Fabia VRS sporty looks with frugal engine and low cost standard suspension & drum brakes etc. to keep the cost down. The Citigo sport is already sporty looking without the performance surely this would occupy the same ethos as a monte carlo?

Begs the question is there a requirement for this. I would think its better to give the public more choice and offer them a VRS Citigo with 120+ BHP and better brakes and suspension. That would be a hoot to drive.

I thought the Monte Carlo was basically a way of giving people Fabia VRS sporty looks with frugal engine and low cost standard suspension & drum brakes etc. to keep the cost down. The Citigo sport is already sporty looking without the performance surely this would occupy the same ethos as a monte carlo?

Begs the question is there a requirement for this. I would think its better to give the public more choice and offer them a VRS Citigo with 120+ BHP and better brakes and suspension. That would be a hoot to drive.

Looks likely this will replace the Sport.

Maybe they were using the sport as a tester to see if there was a market for a done up Citigo before applying the Monte Carlo name? Which did so well on the Fabia? .....I doubt it but you never know :-)

Hope it will be available with both power outputs?

Yes, as the difference in performance is massive :D

Seriously though, it should have the 75PS being sporty

Us Sport owners were cheated :P

I like the black grill and roof, not so sure on the black wing mirrors. Something is lacking with this incarnation of the sport. It just doesn't look quite right with out the bonnet and roof stripes. The sport hasn't been out for long and Skoda have ceased it for this, I think they have changed it for changing sake IMHO.

I'm a bit dissapointed, pleased I got a sport when I did. I'm happy with 60ps, 75ps doesn't bother me and greentech technology nice but allot of technology for £20 saving on RFL and a couple of extra mpg. I don't do allot of stop start town driving so wouldn't save me much.

Now a VRS version and a little 1.0TSi, now we are talking, sign me up.

• Like 4

I don't think it looks as good as the sport does. Will be interesting to see more pictures but looks like the splitter has gone from the front & no mention of the lowered suspension of the sport. Anyone seen a rear picture yet? Are spoiler & diffuser still there?

I for one am glad we got sport versions while available, much prefer the look. Wonder how many sports were made overall?

• Like 1

It looks like the front splitter is there to me and it certainly also seems that the supsension is lower than a normal Citigo i.e. the usual 15mm like the Sport is.

I wonder if the pictured car has a painted black roof or if it's a sunroof.

I appears to have white piping round the front seats.

12782496993_494427c49a_o.png

12782815784_950e87dc2c_o.png

• Like 1