Which Discs and Pads from Euro Carparts?

OK..Been in the dealers.

272 is definitely the correct size of rear disc and that is what would be fitted to my car if they replaced them today

They have checked with their codes and even physically measured the disc...272mm diameter x10mm thickness

My car was registered on 01/03/2010 and built in mid December 2009

Hang on guys, there's an easy way to check which brakes you have fitted, and you can do it without even turning a spanner or lifting a tape measure.. The chassis pr codes are printed on a label on the inside of the service book, using these codes you can decipher which options and equipment the vehicle had fitted at the factory. Sometimes people like gsf or euro can tell you which discs and pads to use from these pr codes, and I'm sure there is a web application somewhere I've seen where you can enter them and it tells you what they all mean.

found this post when searching

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/52603-skoda-option-codes-decoder/

Don't take everybody's opinion as Gospel. Buy from ECP or the main dealer with your Reg. no. or Vin no.   They can always be changed if wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if they made the rear discs slightly smaller so it made it possible to remove the discs without having to take off the caliper carrier. Am I right in thinking it was only the original 286 discs that couldn't come off unless the carrier was out of the way? Sure I've read on here that the 256 discs were removable. 

UPDATE:

Fitted this morning

Skoda told me 272mm rear discs....so I buy 272mm Discs and pads

When the old ones came off....280mm and the pads wont fit

Rang Skoda Dealer...who gave me the size to be told than 272 is correct

"So tell me why my car has 280mm discs?"

"I don't know Sir"

She said that's what your VIN number says on 'ETKA'

So.....My fitter fitted the 272mm discs and I had to buy different new pads to fit the carriers

Anyway...all done now and the whole job for new discs and pads all round....£290

What pads did u have to get part number?

I was going to upgrade my pads to EBC redstuff but the picture on their website is different to what's fitted on my vrs blackline they are bosche pads the EBC picture is the same as I fitted to my pre facelift petrol 56plate vrs they only list the one says 06 on for the rear confusing to say the least

No idea what part numbers...Sorry

Skoda refused to give me them

Did my ordering through ECParts...They told me I have the correct parts...They were wrong...but not their fault

That's what my VIN number says...except the discs and pads are 280mm which has them puzzled

So you're running 272mm with the pads being 8mm wider than the face of the disc? I would've fitted the 280's. I had a similar issue with a 2006 Sharan last week. I set out to fit a new drive belt. The belt ECP supplied was 1195 but I couldn't get it to fit. I checked the one that came off it was 1215. I rang VW who told me the belt size was 1195 but no way was that belt going on. So I checked ECP website for a 2007 Sharan, they listed the belt being 1215 so I ordered that one and all was good.

Edited by 07 vRS Taxi

Contacted Skoda CS and they told me that 272 mm is the correct size
So I fitted 272 mm and the correct pads for the carrier
Skoda are puzzled too and are going to eMail The Skoda factory to get an answer
The brake fitter tells me that the pads are fine with this carrier and size disc that he reordered and fitted for me

So why does VAG not know the correct size part for each car?

Their incorrect information cost me more money yesterday

Anyway...... hopefully that's the end of the saga for me....but maybe not for Skoda