GFWC MK1 VRS Estate!

gfwc

It's not paint, I wish it was, nor is it a wrap. But it's going to be pretty damn awesome! :)

So it is aero foils then?

Cool, about time we had an amphibious Fabia. :)

• Like 2

Just realised I meant Hydro foils! :D

BIG difference, would love it to go on water.

But you had part of the right words before :p

It's a good job you didn't buy that fgf from Shaftesbury mate, I blew the engine up in it after 50 miles B)

How? Oil starvation?

• Like 1

Got an annoying little electrical problem on the Fab now. Things keep coming up.

The interior button lights don't lifbt up apart from the ac button the recirc button.

And the speedo lights have gone very dim.

When the lights are switched off, the headlight switch is illuminated, but when I switch the headlights on, the illumination goes.

Haven't investigated, but it's very odd!! And annoying

How? Oil starvation?

HA!

1.4 MPI's need to be dry to die from oil starvation lol. The oil pressure sensor failed on mine (it was leaking oil through the sensor and out through the connector) and it still drove 4 miles to get a new sensor from Skoda! :D

• Like 1

Got an annoying little electrical problem on the Fab now. Things keep coming up.

The interior button lights don't lifbt up apart from the ac button the recirc button.

And the speedo lights have gone very dim.

When the lights are switched off, the headlight switch is illuminated, but when I switch the headlights on, the illumination goes.

Haven't investigated, but it's very odd!! And annoying

When the lights are off the headlight switch should be lit up any way.

Not sure about the dimming of the other lights though. IS the car running when this happens. Or have you only tried it with the engine off?

When the lights are off the headlight switch should be lit up any way.

Not sure about the dimming of the other lights though. IS the car running when this happens. Or have you only tried it with the engine off?

Tried with it running and with it off.

When I turn the ignition off, the speedo lights increase In brightness back to normal, but Notbing else is iluminated.

So are you saying that the headlight switch is supposed to be permanently on, Charlie?

I'd say a bad power or ground.

Messing around with the dials for Richard I have found that the LED'S Are powered by a PWM signal. Basically the longer a pulse the brighter the LED. They are all powered by a circuit in the dial cluster which is then powered by a central voltage control box.

So if more than the dials are affected I'd be checking out your battery voltages and making sure the terminals are done up tight and you have a good battery ground to the near side chassis leg

• Like 1

Tried with it running and with it off.

When I turn the ignition off, the speedo lights increase In brightness back to normal, but Notbing else is iluminated.

So are you saying that the headlight switch is supposed to be permanently on, Charlie?

Yes, once you turn on the ignition, the light on the headlight switch is always on

I'd say a bad power or ground.

Messing around with the dials for Richard I have found that the LED'S Are powered by a PWM signal. Basically the longer a pulse the brighter the LED. They are all powered by a circuit in the dial cluster which is then powered by a central voltage control box.

So if more than the dials are affected I'd be checking out your battery voltages and making sure the terminals are done up tight and you have a good battery ground to the near side chassis leg

Thanks mate, I'll check it out when I get time :)

It's only the interior buttons and speedo though, and the headlight switch messing around.

The interior light is all good, and rear number plate lights, which I believe are on the same circuit as the speedo lights.

So all of your lights which are brightness controlled are flickering?

They're not flickering, they're OFF, apart from the speedo, the brightness is super dim, until I switch the ignition off and it goes bright again.

It could be a faulty dimmer on the headlight switch.

The headlight switch lights go out as soon as I turn it to side lights and remains off on headlights also.