Angled bars in Boot

Hi, could someone please tell me the proper name for these bars in the boot which add rigidity to the chassis please.

How easy is it to remove them, is it literally 4 bolts each like it looks or are they deceiving?

I need some extra space in the boot on one trip so would like to remove them, they're quite obstructive!

Cheers

I think we need a pic on this?

Poss strut brace.

thank god im not the only one...... sounds like something a previous owner has done?

similar to Bowders1's work in his boot with rear strut bracing.

The Vrs does come with 2 reinforcing struts, mounted on each side going from near the top of the rear suspension towers  and the other end bolting onto the floorpan. Just checked in ETKA they are called "Backrest" .

If your interested Part numbers are :- 1U6 - 803 - 329 Left side / 1U6 - 803 - 330 Right side

thank god im not the only one...... sounds like something a previous owner has done?

similar to Bowders1's work in his boot with rear strut bracing.

yeah was me..... :rofl:

If I recall it is 6 torx bolts each side. Quite straight forward to remove. Needs the seats down to get to the other torx bolts

Think they are called  luggage compartment braces, but skoda Etka has them as backrests????

• Like 1

If I recall it is 6 torx bolts each side. Quite straight forward to remove. Needs the seats down to get to the other torx bolts

Think they are called  luggage compartment braces, but skoda Etka has them as backrests????

Yes Mark thats what they are listed as, weird I know.

On a side note, getting ready to call on "the force" to, at long last put Superpro rear beam bushes in, they have been gathering dust in my office lol. 

There you go

Strut_zpsfe7e7b08.jpg

Yes Mark thats what they are listed as, weird I know.

On a side note, getting ready to call on "the force" to, at long last put Superpro rear beam bushes in, they have been gathering dust in my office lol. 

There you go

Strut_zpsfe7e7b08.jpg

jesus you mean you are going to fit them this year.... :rofl:  

jesus you mean you are going to fit them this year.... :rofl:  

Oiii you, no respect for the older generation :) , its ok for you young fit blokes, no aches and pains. Well thats my excuse anyway.

My joints now sound like they are sending out a SOS in morse code, thank god for asprins :( .

Oiii you, no respect for the older generation :) , its ok for you young fit blokes, no aches and pains. Well thats my excuse anyway.

My joints now sound like they are sending out a SOS in morse code, thank god for asprins :( .

lol.. I am 46 dude.........I take ibuprofen more than i eat breakfast these days....

• Like 1

I aways thought these were factory fit and had images of the car splitting in 2 if i removed them lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

They are factory fit on a vRS, but it's just to stiffen up the rear end a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are factory fit on a vRS, but it's just to stiffen up the rear end a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

correct and they do a good job.

i would not run without them in my car

• 1 month later...

They're factory-fit parts, intended to assist with the overall balance, handling and body rigidity of our VRS's.

Why anyone would want to remove them, and potentially make their car worse, is beyond me???

Did you read the original post? It was to gain some extra space in the rear on one trip and then replace them after