I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

52 minutes ago, rarrar said:

True and now look for indicators flashing; tailgate seems more difficult to close on my new FL model and not as obvious that it is "open". Never had any issues with previous model in 5 years. I assume it is a matter of getting it adjusted ?

Mine is the same, can be difficult to close, have to give it a good push otherwise it seems to just sit off the latch.

Not sure if its a defect or needs adjustment, I just thought because the car is new just needs to loosen a bit.

23 minutes ago, jonnyboy78 said:

Mine is the same, can be difficult to close, have to give it a good push otherwise it seems to just sit off the latch.

Not sure if its a defect or needs adjustment, I just thought because the car is new just needs to loosen a bit.

Try opening a door or a window before you close the tailgate.  Works every time on mine, but with all the doors and windows closed it rarely shuts properly.  Much the same as closing the doors on an original Beetle - an indication of how well built and airtight they are.  And I'm not joking.  :cool:

There are a couple of bump-stops, one either side of the tailgate with a rubber shoe on - these can be adjusted to accommodate boot closing tightness.

On 26/02/2017 at 16:00, VAGCF said:

I repeat, MPH can't be enabled in the Maxidot in the latest Yetis.

Nugbuv may not have an older Yeti (or others looking for this change) so this "advice" needs to be more specific and accurate.

My Yeti was built in January 2017. I have read conflicting accounts as to whether or not the Maxdot can be reconfigured to Australian via the VCDS on latest models.

My concern, if mine could be so configured, is how a Skoda dealer would regard this, as I have taken out a PCP. Would I likely be allowed to do this under the PCP agreement? Would I need to reconfigure back to British before handing the car in?

In the thread "Had some VCDS changes made this morning" it now seems pretty clear that the MPH readout can be enabled.

Even if your dealer did notice the change when you handed the car back I don't suppose they would really care. It's only a setting not a replacemnt part afterall.

By then they'd probably not remember what was standard anyway!

It's not often I come across something I didn't know about on mine, but yesterday i did.  I decided my kids were old enough to open their own doors now, plus I got spooked by a colleague having a car fire which made me think about how we would get out of ours if this happened.  Anyway, time to release the child locks on the rear doors.  I opened the door and saw what I thought was the child lock switch, behind a rubber grommet.  However turning this simply locked that door (so that when i closed the door I could not open it again until I had cycled the central locking).  I then found the REAL child lock switch and sorted that out, but was left wondering what this other locking switch was for?  Under what circumstances would one use it?

That is the emergency method of locking the doors (individualy) if the remote locking or key central locking goes GaGa! 

Note this doesn't put dead locks on you should be able to open the doors from inside. 

I've not read the manual (honest):thinking:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After four and a half years I got caught with a new one ... 

Don't stand with the door open while you reach in to tap the wiper arm and give the screen a quick wipe over.  Nor, especially, while SWMBO is getting in the other side.  You might just miscue, as I did, and get the 'Wash'.  No harm done so far BUT  - it just might be the one (one in five?) that washes the headlamps too. 

:o And SWMBO.  Bunch of flowers time. 

Note to VAG:  How about an interlock between the door courtesy lights and the wipers? 

• Like 1

When adjusting the heating (including heated seats) on my previous Yeti (2011 SE), the changes were shown on the Bolero system.

However, on my current 2016 L&K with Amundsen it does not show up on the screen - and I miss that feature. The heater controls (to my mind) are annoying to use and awkward without removing eyes from the road. To have settings confirmed on the screen was better and safer.

Bill :sadsmile:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lawnmowerman said:

with Amundsen it does not show up on the screen - and I miss that feature. 

Bummer , I'd miss that feature too , it'seems like a backwards step to me :dull:

Well I didn't know that the fog lights on newer Yetis aren't H7 55w in pull out holders as every source says they should be, they are H8 35w in twist out fittings.

That will teach me to actually look at the blasted things before ordering them...

Anyway, H8s on order now. Hoping they will be a bit whiter than the yellow candle-coloured things in there at the moment, even the missus (who doesn't normally fuss about things like this) said they looked wrong with the white light of the headlamps.

17 minutes ago, edwards said:

Well I didn't know that the fog lights on newer Yetis aren't H7 55w in pull out holders as every source says they should be, they are H8 35w in twist out fittings.

That will teach me to actually look at the blasted things before ordering them...

I did that but they will go in the full beam headlamp.
I then ordered these.

Osram-Night-Breaker-Unlimited-H8-Headlight-Bulbs-64212NBU-HCB-At-PowerBulbs-1_750_750[1].jpg

1 hour ago, Urrell said:

I did that but they will go in the full beam headlamp.
I then ordered these.

Osram-Night-Breaker-Unlimited-H8-Headlight-Bulbs-64212NBU-HCB-At-PowerBulbs-1_750_750[1].jpg

I'm confused, are the headlights not Bi-Xenon? Why does it have an H7 main beam bulb then?  Is this an extra bulb due to the fact it has AFS11 and therefore the Xenon bulbs could be pointing in all different directions?

Please excuse my ignorance I've only ever owned early dipped beam xenon standard equipped cars and won't have my Yeti till the 25th :sweat:

1 hour ago, Kenny.j said:

Please excuse my ignorance I've only ever owned early dipped beam xenon standard equipped cars and won't have my Yeti till the 25th :sweat:

The Bi-Xenon bulbs do high and low beam.
But they do not react as quickly as halogen, H7s are used as high beam probably to enable the "Flash" mode to work correctly without the delay striking the Bi-Xenons.

Also as said earlier the fog lamps are H8s, they are very good working with the steering at low speeds to illuminate more than the headlights to the side but are a bit yellow, the H8 Osram Nightbreakers are brighter and better than the standard bulbs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edwards said:

Anyway, H8s on order now. Hoping they will be a bit whiter than the yellow candle-coloured things in there at the moment, even the missus (who doesn't normally fuss about things like this) said they looked wrong with the white light of the headlamps.

I don't tend to alter things on my cars much but that is one thing that niggles me when I reverse off the drive and see the lights reflected in the porch door.

I shall be ordering a new set of bulbs.

Has anyone gone for the LED or HID alternatives? 

Edited by VAGCF

8 minutes ago, VAGCF said:

Given that we rarely have a need for fog lights as such nowadays will 55w be too much for the kerb lighting? 

The fogs are 35w, could 55w cause any heat stress if they were used as fogs?
The Osram Nightbreaker H8s are 35w but probably produce 55w of light compared to normal bulbs.

This is the cheapest I found: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/osram-h8-night-breaker-unlimited-110-bulbs-twin-pack/

I've wondered about the high-beams as well - so my H7s may not be wasted as i can whack them in there for the 'flash' light. 

I suppose if they are any good then I should put some in the (woefully inadequate) headlamps in the Vectra, as almost anything would be an improvement with them. But then I hope to replace it with a Suberb Combi later this year so maybe I'll hang on :)

11 hours ago, Clive said:

Bummer , I'd miss that feature too , it'seems like a backwards step to me :dull:

Doesn't show on new Bolero either, I also miss it as the controls are not easily seen. Pity they can't be a feature of the MFSW.

Fred

Edited by g6zru
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, g6zru said:

Doesn't show on new Bolero either, I also miss it as the controls are not easily seen. Pity they can't be a feature of the MFSW.

I'm glad I changed mine for the Columbus then :biggrin:

• 3 months later...

Possibly buried in the thread earlier, but I only noticed today after having the yeti for 3 years that if I have the wipers on, they go to intermittent automatically when I stop, then back to on when I set off again

1 hour ago, Gyp said:

Possibly buried in the thread earlier, but I only noticed today after having the yeti for 3 years that if I have the wipers on, they go to intermittent automatically when I stop, then back to on when I set off again

Yep, and if they are on high speed they should drop to normal speed too.

great thread, wasn't expecting many to work on my 2016 1.2 TSI S but they do :biggrin:

set the speed warning to 30mph and the winter tyres one to 40mph

the 30mph beeped but the 40mph didn't,

also when I backed off at 30mph, then exceeded 30 mph there wasn't another beep

am I missing something ?

thanks

On 7/1/2017 at 15:04, Halford said:

great thread, wasn't expecting many to work on my 2016 1.2 TSI S but they do :biggrin:

am I missing something ?

thanks

well solution is simply to press the rotating barrel selector and it clears the screen.

however, the alarms are getting on my nerves so they're coming off

:D

On 01/07/2017 at 15:04, Halford said:

am I missing something ?

thanks

I believe the warning will not reocccur unless you drive for a few minutes at below the set speed and then exceed it again.

IIRC it mentions it in the manual somewhere.

• Like 1