insurance sorted for another year

Insurance sorted on the vRS for another year. 400 quid fully comp :-)

Well happy with that considering today's climate in which us Brits usually have our pants pulled down for car insurance and dry bumed to within an inch of our lives!!

Insurance sorted on the vRS for another year. 400 quid fully comp :-)

Well happy with that considering today's climate in which us Brits usually have our pants pulled down for car insurance and dry bumed to within an inch of our lives!!

Lol.....

Dry bumed!!

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, do people want to post age, and the amount of years full licence has been held?

Checking in from Ireland, 23, 5, but nearly 6 years full licence, my insurance is €750 ish.

26 when renewed, 27 now. Licence 9 years, 9 years no claims, one glass claim in 2012, accident not my fault in 2009 ( didnt need declaring) £720 with axa. I also live in a high risk for insurance fraud area.... OL12

Just out of curiosity, do people want to post age, and the amount of years full licence has been held?

Checking in from Ireland, 23, 5, but nearly 6 years full licence, my insurance is €750 ish.

thats not bad for anyone under 25 with anything bigger than a fiesta in ireland...

I have 10 yr full license, 12 claim free inc named driver provisional time, and it 430 for my diesel... with Aviva.

thats not bad for anyone under 25 with anything bigger than a fiesta in ireland...

I have 10 yr full license, 12 claim free inc named driver provisional time, and it 430 for my diesel... with Aviva.

That's with AA, it was better than hand price of my renewal with aviva. Had to give up my driving of other cars, but the savings made it worth it.

What is the story with declaring mods actually? Curious about Ireland and the UK here. More so Ireland though if anyone had info? Like does the premium go up a fortune? How is it calculated etc?

Mine was £1250, 23 years old, licence for three years, but first policy as I was only a named driver for a few months some while ago, so no NCB either, and a really poop post code!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That's with AA, it was better than hand price of my renewal with aviva. Had to give up my driving of other cars, but the savings made it worth it.

What is the story with declaring mods actually? Curious about Ireland and the UK here. More so Ireland though if anyone had info? Like does the premium go up a fortune? How is it calculated etc?

I'm really not sure on the mods declaration,

though a work buddy of mine had brought a lowered and fiddled diesel Audi A4 in from the UK a couple of yrs ago.

His Girlfriend (named on policy) stuck it in a ditch - wrote off... and the insurance were being dicks.

I'm not sure if they ever paid out, as they were claiming he hadnt declared the modified suspension,

so the vehicle was not as per the documentation.

his argument was along the lines of - it was like that when he bought and didnt know it wasn't standard, as he's not a mechanic...

it was also running 150bhp, which i think was upped from the 130pd standard block...

Back on topic - when my aviva renewal came in last year, i found a cheaper alternative, rang aviva and asked them could match it.

the guy used the full discrecianary reduction and got it down to a €5 difference instead of €80...

worth the 5 quid to avoid the extra paper work of changing companies :D