insurance sorted for another year

Just had a quote from adrian flux of £475 with a stage 1 map, air filter and generic suspension modifications, not bad considering last year I paid £540 for a standard vrs. 

Oh dear. My range rover 3.6 V8 turbo's road tax is more Han most of your policies. £550 road tax for the year. £2970 for the year fully comp with protected full ncb. Age 31 and been driving since 14. Off road tuition got licence at 17 yo.

My GL2 fabia is £400 for tuition insurance as a driving instructor. So given that last year my personal use policy was £255 is not bad. Bearing in mind I live in West Midlands. Rubbish for any car insurance to be honest. Lol

• Like 1

My last quote was 1 year driver, no NCB fully comp for £1200, £400 excess, year.

Renewal quote from next month is 2 year driver, 1 year NCB, £700, £100 excess, year

octavia estate 1999 automatic 1.8

Edited by Forrepell

• 1 month later...

I'm 32 on the 8th of this month, 1 sp30 licence held since 1999

Who was your insurance with mate? I take it all mods declared?

I've just done a couple online quotes, 32, licence since '99 full no claims no convictions, declaring suspension, exhaust, map, fmic misc engine alterations and it's coming out at £1500!!! Nuts!

As it stands it's only 600 without mods as I have just been picking them up ready to do over the next few months and I know 600 is expensive but my policy was up and paid in full 4 months to go to the end when I bought this vrs so just let it run through.

I was expecting circa £500 all mods declared so bit frustrated before I start phoning round.

45 yrs old, licence 28 yrs, 10yrs+ no claim, hastings direct

Just had a look on Hastings and they quote that vehicle must be to manufactures specifications but to contact if unsure of alterations, is that a declared mods policy at £175? I know my dad pays around that for his vrs, not sure who with though.

Cheers

Just had a look on Hastings and they quote that vehicle must be to manufactures specifications but to contact if unsure of alterations, is that a declared mods policy at £175? I know my dad pays around that for his vrs, not sure who with though.

Cheers

Have to ask the question where from?

Hastings direct, what mods as far as im concerned this is how it was when i bought it!

Hastings direct, what mods as far as im concerned this is how it was when i bought it!

My buddy tried that when his "i didnt know it was modified, it was that low when i bought it" A4 got wrapped around a ditch by his gf....

I dont think they ever paid out due to it being undeclared....

I had an email back from flux today quoting £645 all mods declared including future plans and said in the email to call as it won't be the best price they can do, I'll give them a shout and see as I think I'd rather air on the side of caution incase anything goes wrong and end up getting done for having void insurance.

My buddy tried that when his "i didnt know it was modified, it was that low when i bought it" A4 got wrapped around a ditch by his gf....

I dont think they ever paid out due to it being undeclared....

I had an email back from flux today quoting £645 all mods declared including future plans and said in the email to call as it won't be the best price they can do, I'll give them a shout and see as I think I'd rather air on the side of caution incase anything goes wrong and end up getting done for having void insurance.

Yeah i know what your saying, but i guess id be lucky to get £1200 ins payout with a £250 excess so wouldnt be the end of the world.

I suppose you pay your money you take your chance :think:

jesus some different quotes there

46 years old 9 years no claims 29 years held license. Mine was under £200 fully comp protected

Who was that with Bowders?

44(very soon) full NCD 21 years license all mods declared (not as many as you :D) and £400 base policy fully comp protected NCD. This was through sky. Might be ****ty bridgend postcode?

Just been quoted £250 - 44 years old, licence 25 years, missus slightly older (but better bodywork!!) with licence 28 years. 6 years no claims due to write-off of Mini Cooper in march (unrecoverable loss after I hit a lorry tyre blowout on the M1).  No speeding fines. 

Funny thing is that the best quote is from the same company that has given me a renewal quote for £350.

Currently with Adrian Flux on my second renewal. £210 fully comp, mods declared and license held for 9 years along with 9 years no claims and no points. Leafy new forest post code :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just renewed for insurance starting next month

Adrian Flux £810, monthly of £95 including some extras for 10 months

Octavia mk1 vrs 230bhp(declared)

Age 23

NCB 6

Licence held since 17

Modifications declared 30!

Would have been £710 all in if I had told them I still only had alloys and induction kit

So for an extra 50bhp and 30 modifications I don't think an extra £100 is bad at all 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Sorry to resurect this old thread but I bought a vrs on Friday, Insured it through L.V, with no problem, so I was going through old reciepts and found there was a few modifications, ie suspension , dumpvalve different exaust, so phoned my insurance company up to tell them this, the buggers cancelled my insurance, as they say they wont insure it, what the hell