Post your Detailing Product or Gadget Recommendation here

ChrisRs

• 1 month later...

Just had to replace my trusty 'Shinerama' Wash Bucket due to my other being trashed in the Leeds Floods

Luckily the grit guard was salvaged from the mud, but the bucket had been hit and had split

Went down to 'Wickes' today and bought this:

F2195_103976_00_zpsmynkevpa.jpg

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Plasterer%27s-Bucket-30L/p/103976

Amazing value and very very sturdy

Edited by ChrisRs

F2195_103976_00_zpsmynkevpa.jpg

I've got two of those for my 'Wash' and 'Rinse' buckets. I've been sad and added stickers to each (cheap on eBay).

post-59543-0-81691700-1423928406_thumb.jpg

Edited by KBPhoto

I've got labelled ones now....I've found at the start of the wash process it's easy to tell rinse from wash....but after a bit it can get confusing.

Got mine in auto perfection black Friday sale

• 4 weeks later...

PRODUCT:    KWAZAR Venus 2L foamer

£20-25 delivered, so not cheap but one of the best i've used.

Currenlty using this for winter application of Citrus Pre-wash;

but can generate a great foam with snowfoam products as well.

Highly recommended  :thumbup:

$_12.JPG

• 2 months later...

Wickes or B&Q Plasterers Buckets. 30 litres, tall bucket perfect diameter for snug fit of grit guards.

Half fill, no spill.

About £6 each. Very strong.

Perfect for your two (or 3) bucket wash method.

Wickes version

B&Q version

Edited by casden
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wilco clear plastic 1L measuring jug. At only 30p it's a steal. Increments of 100ml for those in the metric age plus imperial too if that's what you use. Ideal for measuring your concentrted cleaning products prior to dilution.

I also got some Woolite for £3 to wash my MF stuff in too.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Product: Optimum No Rinse

Used this for the first time recently and after being terrified at first I found it to be amazing. So easy to give the car a quick wash if you don't have time to dig out the hose/ pressure washer and all the gear.

Mix up some into a spray bottle, spray onto the car and leave to dwell for 15 seconds then wipe! 

norinse_8oz_zpsdivdwadu.jpg

• Like 1

Just fills me with horror. Perhaps mis-guided horror, I don't know?

If I don't have the 5 mins to get the Karcher and hose out, it doesn't get done :)

Hmm Optimum are a reasonably good brand. Many years ago I used to use Optimum Opti-Seal and it was a great product. Very much the leader in WOWA products (Wipe On Walk Away) and well before C2v3 I think.

I can't see any particular issues with the product, just that it goes against how detailers think and operate.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had to replace my trusty 'Shinerama' Wash Bucket due to my other being trashed in the Leeds Floods

Luckily the grit guard was salvaged from the mud, but the bucket had been hit and had split

Well I just had to go and have a look at these buckets, very good quality so should last, but just one issue for me, both the utility room and kitchen mixer taps have only 350mm clearance below them - and these buckets are listed as being 420mm height, so wife knocked that idea on the head - and I toddled off to put them back were they were stacked! Now it looks like I'll have a look at Halfords as I think that they and some other places do sell standard black buckets - but made from "good" material, unlike the usual builder's bucket which is made from crap as it will probably only get used once and dumped - along with any hardened product in it!

Edited by rum4mo

Well I just had to go and have a look at these buckets, very good quality so should last, but just one issue for me, both the utility room and kitchen mixer taps have only 350mm clearance below them - and these buckets are listed as being 420mm height, so wife knocked that idea on the head - and I toddled off to put them back were they were stacked! Now it looks like I'll have a look at Halfords as I think that they and some other places do sell standard black buckets - but made from "good" material, unlike the usual builder's bucket which is made from crap as it will probably only get used once and dumped - along with any hardened product in it!

I have similar ones to the wicks ones from Autobrite. What I do is fill a normal bucket with hot water and then use that to fill the wash and rinse buckets 75/25 then top them up with water from the hosepipe. That's a lot easier than lugging 2 big buckets through the house.

Well I jumped in and bought a couple of Halfords black "heavy duty" buckets so I'll see how they work out after marking them to differentiate clean from rinse! Only excuse I have is that I needed to take one car out for a run after washing it and have too many "Love2Shop" cards!  I can see the logic for trying to stick with white buckets though so that you can check if they are spotlessly clean before using them each time - bought a Halfords version of these window (windscreen) cleaning "wands" - handy for wife to reach the glass on the open hatch of her car, I am very thoughtful!

• 4 months later...

Didn't know where to stick this link

https://youtu.be/6d5_VbKx6vA

I just stumbled across this guy on YouTube, subscribed to his channel, very informative information & the great thing is: that he likes to find the lesser known waxes out there & he reviews them, we all like a great well known brand of wax but sometimes finding a unheard name/brand of wax & giving it a try, is the element of surprise especially when you can achieve outstanding results for a minimum spend of £6.00 to £20 maximum.

I was thinking if we could maybe start a new thread "sticky" showing either YouTube links to these unheard of waxes or better still, Wax links for these just starting up wax companies etc or even wax companies that already exist & help promote the wax that could be had at a bargain, also we can share our experiences & reviews between us.

:thumbup:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking of buying one of these to use for TFR, AF Citrus power etc.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/mesto-1-5-l-cleaner-pressure-sprayers-cat25.html

now as much as I like the one above  B) it really doesn't have to be fancy so....What about this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2L-Pressure-Sprayer-Bottle-Water-Spray-Pump-Weed-Killer-Chemical-General-Purpose-/141080517424?hash=item20d90ddb30:g:2qgAAOSwJqpXobXQ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-Spray-Bottle-2-Litre-Capacity-Sprayer-Water-Watering-Spraying-Pump-Mist-/311745456308?hash=item48957a28b4:g:tdsAAOSwvzRXxZ2Z

Anyone else use either one of these or something similar, that you could recommend.

Cheers  ;)

Edited by BATVANVRS

I've not tried the 2 that you have identified on ebay, however I have both the Mesto Pump Action Sprayer and the Foamer and they are exceptionally good and hold their pressure very well, I use the spray for TFR and the foamer for Citrus Pre-wash.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...