Think someone has had a bad day...

simonsheil

The following came through after I left the office today, sent to nearly everyone in the company.

I wonder if they asked for a reference?

Dear all,

Please be advised that as of now, I have quit my job at ********. Please redirect your ****e elsewhere. 

I am sick.sick.sick of working in a moody, bitchy backstabbing office that is procurement. It's like a ****ing school yard. 

I am sick of being *******ed over nothing. Actually literally nothing. 

I am sick of sitting in fear not knowing what mood someone will be in next. 

I am sick of the bullying tactics.

I am sick of brown nosers.

I am sick of having allocated smoking breaks and I will not be told that my wage will be docked if I exceed said allocated breaks. **** that. 

I am sick of everything. I am even sick of this email.

Alas I can take this **** no more. 

I would apologise for the unprofessional ism of this email but I'm not really sorry so it would be pointless. 

I shall miss 90% of you like a hole in my ****ing head. 

I shall view any further contact from ******* as harassment and I should warn you that I will be seeking legal advice in any event. 

All the rest of you, 

Best regards

....always someone else's fault, isn't it.....?

....other people are often a fairly accurate mirror of you and your actions.....!

....always someone else's fault, isn't it.....?

....other people are often a fairly accurate mirror of you and your actions.....!

Not sure if that always applies there are some fairly bad people in some work places

So I suppose he'll be the sort of idiot that doesn't understand why he won't get a good reference from that employer then...

Always best to end it amicably, even if you hate it, for the aforementioned reason.

• Like 1

The following came through after I left the office today, sent to nearly everyone in the company.

I wonder if they asked for a reference?

Dear all,

Please be advised that as of now, I have quit my job at ********. Please redirect your ****e elsewhere. 

I am sick.sick.sick of working in a moody, bitchy backstabbing office that is procurement. It's like a ******* school yard. 

I am sick of being *******ed over nothing. Actually literally nothing. 

I am sick of sitting in fear not knowing what mood someone will be in next. 

I am sick of the bullying tactics.

I am sick of brown nosers.

I am sick of having allocated smoking breaks and I will not be told that my wage will be docked if I exceed said allocated breaks. **** that. 

I am sick of everything. I am even sick of this email.

Alas I can take this **** no more. 

I would apologise for the unprofessional ism of this email but I'm not really sorry so it would be pointless. 

I shall miss 90% of you like a hole in my ******* head. 

I shall view any further contact from ******* as harassment and I should warn you that I will be seeking legal advice in any event. 

All the rest of you, 

Best regards

Is it harassment if 90% of people write a letter telling him he's a screaming wew that needs to practise taking his beer?

In my opinion smokers shouldnt get smoking breaks... I think we'd have gotten on like a house on fire...

as a non-smoker are we allowed the same amount of time to stand around outside (with pay of course) i will even take a coffee with me to legitimize it ???? 

• Like 4

as a non-smoker are we allowed the same amount of time to stand around outside (with pay of course) i will even take a coffee with me to legitimize it ????

Where I used to work in a well known retailer a lot of the non-smokers used to take "fresh air" breaks in protest to the smokers having an extra 30mins+ of breaks every day. I never bothered but fair enough everyone should get the same breaks.

Thankfully my current job it's less about the hours you work and much more about getting the work done so if you want to take 20 mins for a fag fine, just as long as the job gets done.

In my opinion smokers shouldnt get smoking breaks... I think we'd have gotten on like a house on fire...

Yep sod that. What if I wanted **** breaks? Screaming at pigeon breaks? Window licking breaks? Do you think I'd be allowed? No.

I've avoided smokers in the last few places I work (could be unofficial company policy? Who knows), but the GF doesn't like them at her work places, coming back in after a smoke break stinking of fags... and this is in childcare!

• Like 1

I've worked in some hellish places back in the days when I was doing agency work, I got asked to leave one place because I dared to ask the office manager if we could have a chat about the way she spoke to me (She was the rudest person I've ever met).

I was totally sympathetic right up until the bit where he started crying about fag breaks...Workplace bullying etc is bad, but crying that the company don't provide enough fag breaks is pathetic. It's like a crack addict whining because the company don't give him time to get a fix...

• Like 1

perhaps i should buy one of those vaporizer things & stand outside (obviously at a different time dont want to breath in the smoke ) & hold it for the same time  :giggle:  :giggle:  

• Like 1

Shot the sympathy lamb with that one buddy.

I don't smoke so don't get the extra brakes you did so **** you

Bet you were a lazy **** anyway

• Like 2

I think we should just pay smokers for half an hour less per day.

If the salary is hourly and they spend a set amount of time standing outside sucking on an addictive drug every day I can't see the problem.

• Like 4

I think we should just pay smokers for half an hour less per day.

If the salary is hourly and they spend a set amount of time standing outside sucking on an addictive drug every day I can't see the problem.

Spot on! We have a couple where I work and I agree with the bosses attitude! Do it before work in bait then lunch! You can at other times provided there is NO work to be done!

Spot on! We have a couple where I work and I agree with the bosses attitude! Do it before work in bait then lunch! You can at other times provided there is NO work to be done!

there is always work to be done   :rofl:  :giggle:

Edited by jgcsteve13
  • Like 1

It goes beyond the discrepancy in working hours to it should be an employers responsibility to encourage healthy living. You can't drink at work, or do drugs, and Infact many companies offer dietary advice and healthy eating to their staff... So why legitimise smoking? I'm not saying they should ban smoking, but simply if you want to do it, do it in your own time and off site...

At the end of the day, it'll also reduce sick leave, statuatory sick pay, and NHS burden.

But sorry, that's quite a meander!

Edited by Oli3000
  • Like 2