Front Headlights upgrade

Hi,

I just got my Octavia and its fitted with the normal headlight lamps which doesn't have the LED strip or the projector lens for the Xe-non. does anyone know how much does it cost to buy the fully loaded headlight lamp with the Xe-non and how easy can it fit?

Note:

I am living in Egypt and not everything is available here

Thanks,

Mohamed

I believe it would be difficult and very expensive to retrofit, (wiring looms, ancillary kit), etc. .....I don't know for sure - probably best to ask your supplying dealer for a definite answer.

Edited by Timoctav

Have you considered LED bulbs?  I'm not sure which ones they are on the Octy (H4, maybe??) but they are widely available now from about £50 a pair.

My new Octavia Elegance 4 x 4 turned up last week here in the UK and it too does NOT have projector headlights. I thought from reading the brochure all Octavias had projector headlights whether they are Halogen or Xenon.

I believe it's just those cars with xenons that come with projectors.

According to the May 2014 brochure even the entry level 'S' model has projector headlights. The big lens that you see in each headlight is the defining point. Halogen or Xenon; it makes no difference.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I just got my Octavia and its fitted with the normal headlight lamps which doesn't have the LED strip or the projector lens for the Xe-non. does anyone know how much does it cost to buy the fully loaded headlight lamp with the Xe-non and how easy can it fit? Note:I am living in Egypt and not everything is available here Thanks,Mohamed

Call me 01118002006 Tareq

Have you considered LED bulbs?  I'm not sure which ones they are on the Octy (H4, maybe??) but they are widely available now from about £50 a pair.

Standard octavia 3 headlight bulbs are as follows:

1.Dipped beam H7

2.Side lights and Main beam H15

3.Front Fog lights H8

Regards

T

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Appologize it took me almost a year to go back to the thread :), I was wondering if anyone new the difference between the plugs for the models (Ambition and the Elegance) as I was thinking of swapping them as they don'e have projectors or LED DLR lights 

I aslo heard about the LED bulbs, have anyone here tried them and are they interchangable with the same normal bulbs (would they fit in the same place)

Thanks 

At octaviaclub.pl one colleague retrofitted OEM Xenon headlights with all necessary stuff.

Basically it is needed to replace the Gateway in the dealership workshop and code it online to fit the vehicle.

The rest of work can be done Yourself.

In my opinion I would not bother trying to retro fit the OE bixenon headlights as the projectors they use inside are relatively low quality. Instead get some decent bi-xenon projectors and retro fit them into your headlight.

This way not only can you have much brighter and a uniformly lit beam but you will have 4 light outputs on main beam. I'm looking at trying to upgrade my std setup which has bi-xenon AFS but there's only so far you can go with cr@p projectors.

www.theretrofitsource.com

And you need the level sensors front and rear, along with headlight washers if you have Xenons. In the UK they MUST be self levelling and have headlight washers.

This has been discussed on the internet for a while now and the fact seems to be that they are not required, BUT, are required to work if fitted.

Edited by SC03OTT

This has been discussed on the internet for a while now and the fact seems to be that they are not required, BUT, are required to work if fitted.

for your MoT, yes.

What about Construction & Use regulations?

If your lights are more than 2000 Lumens then washers and levellers must be fitted or it is an offence, not an MoT failure (although it may be that as well).

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies but I am not sure actually why does the headlight washers come to play as I don't have them in my category (Ambition) and I don't think they are easily retrofitted. We don't have any regulations in country that oblige having those?

Do you have any link to any Bi-xenon aftermarket headlights that can be plug and play 

• 4 years later...

Hello everyone, 

This is indeed a difficult subject, i am in tge process of retrofitting the VRS headlights (TOP2) on my ambition octavia, so far its going well but i am facung some difficulties, i am performing the retrofitting DIY style.

When i am done i will write here and share my experience.

I want to know though if anyone knows the 14-pin connector wiring diagram?

Thanks

I'll be really interested to see how this goes. The parts aspect of the install doesn't look too daunting, but adaptor looms, Possible new BCM, AFS Module, follwed by some hellish coding looks to be a nightmare from what I've seen.

It'll also be good to see what a breakdown of your costs looks like. Even the headlight units (UK), complete with bulbs & ballasts etc appear to be to be very expensive.

Look forward to write up when youre done.