vRS fuel consumption

depends; is the 60 mile round trip a straight run or is it twisty, fun second and third gear runs?

Depends what mood I'm in as there is a good back road blast or a 66 mile boring main road route for the round trip I tend to go the back roads but don't get above 60 much

Are you going on the in-board display or calculations? I use an app it's great been using it for 18 months I'd be lost without it now!

My average over the last 25,000 miles is 47 mpg, that includes a track session aswell though which was my lowest average of 37mpg! Highest average was like 250 miles of motorway and A roads which was 54mpg!

Are you going on the in-board display or calculations? I use an app it's great been using it for 18 months I'd be lost without it now!

My average over the last 25,000 miles is 47 mpg, that includes a track session aswell though which was my lowest average of 37mpg! Highest average was like 250 miles of motorway and A roads which was 54mpg!

Well that's not too far out what I'm getting from the 1.2 at the moment :)

That's good going I think it depends where you live to! I live in North wales there's a lot of hills around me and rural! Which means loads of cars driving slow while I'm trying to over take them :D

46mpg average and 230 ish bhp isn't bad though ;)

• Like 1

Right I'm just thinking out loud but what kind of fuel consumption do you lot get and would it be realistic to use it for a 60 mile round trip 6 days a week?

Cheers

Jack

I've been doing 60 mile round trips 5 days a week for 7 years in mine - mostly on twisty lanes rather than motorway / big A road.  The on board mpg usually indicates 50ish (obviously varies depending on how hard I'm pushing it - can go up to mid 50's or down to mid 40's).

• Like 1

I drive 70 miles round trip 5 days a week, mixture of A-Roads and some lanes, depending on how I drive, I typically achieve (indicated) 55-60mpg driven enthusiastically, and high 60's driven a little more conservatively.

HTH

That's good going I think it depends where you live to! I live in North wales there's a lot of hills around me and rural! Which means loads of cars driving slow while I'm trying to over take them :D

46mpg average and 230 ish bhp isn't bad though ;)

+1 its handy having a lump of power to nip past line of a gew cars or a wagon when your here. lucky my journey goes on all motorways for work. but mine does about 50/60 mpg on motorways in the fast lane lol.

No more difficult than any other car. The vrs is barely a warm hatch so its still pretty comfortable, light clutch, steering etc.

:o tell that to civic type r owner i kept up with at santa pod

Well I don't think so, just a pd160 intake. Off the line he was slightly quicker but between 30 and 90, he couldn't pull away

His car was broken or he couldn't drive 

I do 80 miles 4 days a week and 100 miles 2 days a week. Perfect car for it really - small, economical, quick enough and easy to maintain. Average on a 'nurse it' tank is 62mpg, about 52mpg if I am a bit more hasty.

Only thing to watch is at this sort of mileage, the oil changes come around pretty quickly. Keep on top of maintenance, and fix the niggles before they become problem and it is much less likely to let you down.

I normally average, work run, about 40 miles a day and mpg varies from low 50s to high. Best I've managed is 72.2 back from AMD Lakeside event, though hit 71.5 today back from Stansted. (50mph M25 run helps). Bar that I average just below 2k revs low 70s with some interesting parts, depending on how I'm feeling.

I have a 74 mile round trip daily, average and indicated 61mpg, that's nursing it in the mornings then come home reasonably briskly. 80mph on motorway. It's a mix of mostly A and B roads. However when I come to refill my calculated mpg reads 51mpg. Without fail week to week lol bit of a difference lol

VRS '06

17 mile each way commute a roads and motorway with a bit of congestion every now and again

long term average 57.9mpg (according to the trip computer)

managed 80mpg on a 80 mile trip motorway only sticking behind lorries at about 56mph

goes down a lot if stuck in traffic

check if your handbrake is binding if mpg isnt good. even a bit of a bind makes a noticable difference.

Edited by 06vrsandy

Seeing all these high figures is making me jealous!

I average about 50mpg doing about 80% motorway/dual carriageway driving & 20% town, but not usually much traffic, & I have a pretty light right foot!

I get annoyed with mine if it ever drops below 63mpg. On a run to Spa in Belgium, at a steady 75 -80 on the motorway it was showing 71mpg.

Even on a trackday it averages 30mpg, cant fault it really

Im the same figures...