My Race Blue Rapid Sport/Now Rejected.

Oh dear.

It's just had an independent inspection done. He drove it for 40 miles apparently and couldn't replicate the fault [emoji57]

I suppose VW think they've won now. No doubt they'll contact me soon. Me and the dealer are gutted. Don't know what to do next.

At this stage, if they try and refuse the rejection I fear there might be only one course of action for you (other than taking the car back from them, which is obviously a no-go). Get a lawyer, go to court.

What a complete mess. Really sad to read all this - especially after all your initial excitement. Best of luck sorting it.

Is it possible that the dealer has just fixed it in the mean time? They've pointed out how many hours they've put into it, after all. Not sure what's changed really. They were going to fix it eventually - you just said you didn't want it back.

They haven't done anymore to it. The SUK inspection said there was something not right but just said that they must all do it. The independent inspection couldn't replicate it after 40 mile drive. What a nightmare [emoji57]

I'm just waiting for VWFS to contact me on what's going to happen next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VWFS phoned me today. I knew it wouldn't take them long[emoji6]

Anyway they're satisfied with the reports and deem the car as "fixed"

Even though both inspections conflict. He asked if I would like to take it back for a few days to try it and I refused and also I'm no longer insured to drive it.

He stated as I'm a long term loyal customer blah blah blah they would pay my 2 months arrears and also pay me £150 compensation too [emoji6] if I were to continue with it. Thoughts?

I told him I was trying for another deal with my dealer as I want the Rapid gone and not my problem. He said ok I'll send all to you in writing giving me 14 days to decide(haha). I also told him the Financial Ombudsman will be onto them soon about this.

So where do I go from here?

This is getting boring for me too as well as yourselves for keep reading this. Apologies.

Sounds to me like they are really trying to twist your arm to take it back, offering "goodwill gestures" etc. It's a last ditch effort, stick with it, once you agree to give it a try and drive it again you are playing right into their hands, that's what they want.

• Like 1

Yes I guessed that. As soon as i take it they've got me and won. I've told them it's at the dealers and they've had it 87 days and do they really think I really want it back after all this time. I told him I'm not accepting a defective car and if they want to repocess it then go and get it off the dealers.

My dealer is looking into me getting the Green Spaceback back as I loved it when I was loaned it for 3 weeks. They've reduced the price too as its been with them for 7 months since it was registered the same time as mine was. I guess Green isn't everyone's choice of colour.

They can't shift a Yellow diesel Spaceback too. They've had it for months.

Using The F.O. is a good idea.  Got a lot of money back from Barclays in the past that way.

I would no way take a demo car as a replacement, especially in a hard to sell on colour.

The only satisfactory outcome to this is a full refund of the original sale price - And then you can move on to another brand and dealer.

I can't get a full refund as I'm on PCP with it. I could try asking for 6 months repayments back but that's just going to go on forever and I doubt they'll wear that considering they class the car as "fixed".

They will now reject my rejection. I'll see what the dealer comes up with first. I've still got the Citigo. All the time the Rapid is at the dealers they're kinda snookered.

• Like 1

Surely if the car is rejected they can't unreject it once fixed? Once they accepted the car back that's it as far as your ownership is concerned

I'm not sure. I've never had to go through this before with a car. I'm hoping the Financial Ombudsman will do something quick to help me. I've told them I will never accept it back even with there contributions. It's staying at the dealers and I'm not touching it. I know there game and I'm not playing it.

I'm waiting on the dealer to contact me back which will probably be Monday.

Ah man! I'd love a green one!

I'm a Car keeper so sell on value doesn't matter much to me.

Just couldn't find a nearly new spaceback sport in green when I wanted to buy!

The Green Spaceback is nice. It's an SE Sport which has ever extra going fitted. The car is perfect when I had it for nearly a month.

We shall see. The dealer would prefer I had this car instead as they knew I liked it and was happy but at the time it was high priced and they couldn't do anything for me. Now it's reduced in price so quite possibly within range.

My Sport is only worth 10K now after 7 months and 2000 miles. I owe 13500 on it. This is the big argument with them all to who's going to pay it(excluding me).

Well the dealer has replied to me.

I can have the Green Spaceback. The Sport will go in against it. But...

It's a 4 year PCP at a staggering £338 per month [emoji15]

It's ridiculous. I smelt a rat after this. Basically the Green one is up for sale at £13995 as its 7 months old now the same age as mine. He explained it was an £18 K car when new. He's inflated its price so that my negative equity in the Sport is on top of its sale price. What a cheek[emoji57]

I'm refusing that tommorow. Crazy price.

That is Chris. To everyone else it's £13995 but to me it's nearly 17K. I'm looking at the figures tommorow to see where this was magicked from and have a laugh at the same time.

That is Chris. To everyone else it's £13995 but to me it's nearly 17K. I'm looking at the figures tommorow to see where this was magicked from and have a laugh at the same time.

Tell them to F£$% right off !

Just walk away. It will be cheaper to go elsewhere and start again

I would tell them that after that insult of an offer that you aint interested anymore.

Walk away from it all bud.

• Like 2

All i can say is OUCH, & hats of to your persistance.

I came within a week of rejecting my L&K Yeti back at xmas, after it going back to dealers 5 x between Aug & Dec 2014.( i had only picked the car up in May)

I was insistant that the dealer followed SUK instructions to the letter, & wanted to know exactly what action was taken & logged it as soon as i got home, they were both notified that they were on final attempt to fix, I had been in touch with a solicitor for advise on content of rejection letter, which was just waiting to be presented to dealer & a copy to SUK.

I was fortunate that they have successfully sorted out the issue.

If i may suggest you do a Booklet on what process you went through to reject the car & offer copies at 50p to brisky members & £1 to non, you might just get back some money :)

• Like 1

Haha yes thanks for that. It's a long slow process. It was 3 months yesterday that it all started and is still in progress. I'm just getting annoying letters from VWFS about non payment of agreement for the last 2 months. I've phoned them and told them to stop sending them but apparently they're computer generated and was told to ignore them [emoji6]

They do have record of an open case on this so they're quite aware of it.

38f0655135efed685f4dfde977082cf4.jpg

Took it for a drive on trade plates today as I don't have insurance on it anymore. It's the first time I've driven it since January 13th [emoji15]

It's filthy inside and out but wanted to see how it behaved.