My Race Blue Rapid Sport/Now Rejected.

That offer is crazy.

A free service well if you don't need £50 of brake fluid or other extras that are never included.

You can drive a Lamborghini wow, this I because we have mucked you about so much we thought you might like to drive something that works and it only costs us £30 if that.

Are you a fit person they must be with all the running around everyone is doing.

Hope you get it sorted it sounds like a right mess, you want a new car to be special not rehashed stick to your guns hopefully the FO will get a good result for you they actually seem to do some good work.

Good luck.

• Like 1

When I bought my Punto in 2000 which was my first new car, it had a problem in that as soon as I took my foot off the throttle the car would jerk as if the fuel was being cut off completely. The garage had the entire engine in bits trying to find the fault. They said they had fixed it but it never felt right.

I think I had the car maybe another 6 months before selling it. I felt that I was always listening for noises and expecting it to break down so I ended up hating driving it.

If this had been me in your situation I know that if I took the car back I would be waiting for it to do something and resent driving it. It would be traded-in before the end of the year, negative equity or not.

• Like 2

If I were you I would put in writing that you have rejected the car and won't be taking it back

State you want vwfs to sort out within 7 days or you will file court proceedings

Check your credit report and file court proceedings if it's been affected

• Like 1

I think you really need to write a detailed letter to Skoda , listing why you are rejecting the car, the amount of times it was "repaired" , the time it was off the road (replacement vehicle or not) and the fact you have lost faith in not only the brand but Skoda's ability to repair/maintain the vehicle . You need to make it clear what you expect Skoda to do

I always feel that phone calls are a waste of time , recorded letters are the way to go

Its clear that the dealer is being put in the middle but thats not really your problem , dont let them try to manoeuvre you if you have made the decision to reject

Thanks.

I've got piles of letters that I've sent from day 1. Hardly many responses other than "You us money" letters.

That's why I called in the Financial Ombudsman to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not rejecting the car it's been rejected and that should be it there should be no financial penalty for negative equity or any sort of impact on his credit rating.

There are only two options I'd be accepting

1. You walk away with no penalty whatsoever

2. You have the green spaceback that you mention with no further costs your end whatever the price disparity that would be some compensation for there ineptitude .

If they don't accept these options I'd seriously consider legal action against Skoda/vwfs

Agree with you there. Reading online to other cases they all seem to follow the same trend by hassling the customer yet some back off when you mention the Sale of Goods Act which VWFS are totally ignoring that after I started the ball rolling on January 23rd with my full rejection claim.

They've just made me another offer to try and keep me with it.

A 4th free service courtesy of SUK

VWFS would repay my arrears

VWFS would give me a Lamborghini driving experience all as a courtesy from them.

And I declined it.

They're sending this to me in the post in writing and I have 14 days to decide

I asked him then what but he didn't reply to that. He said at least take the car back to see what it's like as we are satisfied with the results and deem it as fit for purpose. I told him so what if it plays up again. He reckoned they would be straight in the case about it.

Haha it just gets better [emoji6]

Can't you just get them to give you the Lamborghini and just call it quits. :clap:

• Like 1

He's not rejecting the car it's been rejected and that should be it there should be no financial penalty for negative equity or any sort of impact on his credit rating.

There are only two options I'd be accepting

1. You walk away with no penalty whatsoever

2. You have the green spaceback that you mention with no further costs your end whatever the price disparity that would be some compensation for there ineptitude .

If they don't accept these options I'd seriously consider legal action against Skoda/vwfs

People don't test drive cars they have rejected , this thread seems unclear no wonder both the dealer and VWFS feel that there is some doubt

• Like 1

I received the engineers report and offer in writing today from VWFS.

Here's the photos he took in sequence. First was an idling period of 15 mins. This is when it plays up but nothing happened.

a5f89bcac25854741eae17a4e8ea8246.jpg

4b4099c38be97483a923cad9d34a5908.jpg

4fef58d64c1cc09f9b7adfbd43c88ffe.jpg

1f46c0224fcf029a1b5d22a12884299e.jpg

851a6dc462cb9c230e5a845694039aab.jpg

Concluding as no fault found.

acee699f44bd9d09038ceab208fcfab4.jpg

Sorry last photo was a double.

There was no fluctuation at all. Also I found this too. It was driven since then with nothing unusual happening.

So there offer I declined. I spoke to VWFS earlier to him stating that the payments of my arrears was ok. The Lamborghini drive I don't want. He said he would offer me £150 instead.

I declined the 4th free service so the dealer phoned SUK to say I would rather have Eibachs fitted at a cost to them of £287 fitted. That's retail price.

Plus it would have a full valet due to the state of it.

Hmm interesting [emoji6]

I could be swayed by this considering its on PCP I can bail out of this in 11 months if I wanted if I accept all of the offers.

What if the fault re-occurs buddy?

Or indeed, anything else goes wrong with it.

Personally I wouldn't like the fact that it's been torn to pieces and put back together by the dealer.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Like 1

would seem a shame to give in after getting this far in the process,

find out if you can what option you have if you finish the process, then it comes down to money or cost / benefit

can you get something in writing that if the fault recurs within a period of time (eg a year) then you can still reject it as the fault was never fixed, but I suspect if the fault is not fully fixed it will show up far sooner than a year

• Like 2

I'm not really giving in as such. I'm sick to death of this after 3 months going round and round in circles. VWFS assured me I will never go through this again "if" it gives me any trouble. I only had 4 months out of its 7 months life. I'm holding them to there word by taking it back. They're paying my 2 months arrears and giving me £150 cash plus SUK are fitting a set of Eibachs on it for free which equates to more than the price of a free service they initially offered. I truly miss this car so I'm giving it a try but I did state if I get a single problem then I'm holding them to there word of an instant resolution which they agreed to.

I'm also getting a full valet and all my fuel replaced. The car is well put back together and there are no rattles/damage anywhere.

In there written statement to me they stated they are not accepting my rejection on the grounds of its "fixed" now [emoji6]

Let's face it the car is on PCP and I won't be owning too long anyway.

They haven't won this and I haven't lost. The ball is in my court now and they all know it. They're desperate to satisfy my requirements [emoji4]

Also a lowered Rapid Sport in Race Blue. Beautiful [emoji106]

• Like 1

I think you are making the right decision, they seem to be sure the problem is fixed, and the accessor agrees.

Enjoy it when you get it back, there better be pictures up of it sparkling when you do get it back :)

Stormchaser, on 18 Apr 2015 - 20:25, said:

Also a lowered Rapid Sport in Race Blue. Beautiful [emoji106]

It's funny but that colour (F5W) does absolutely nothing for a Toledo, yet looks ok on a Rapid - maybe it's the black wheels that make a difference.

Edited by camelspyyder