207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

You know the DPF is there for a reason? To prevent people having to inhale the nasty bits of the diesel combustion process?

Isn't it a bit inconsiderate to society as a whole to just go removing this system in the pursuit of a slightly faster car?

If you look at post #99 you'll see that i agree with BossFox about not removing the dpf, i was just posting up the options that different tuning houses had sent me. 

If you look at post #99 you'll see that i agree with BossFox about not removing the dpf, i was just posting up the options that different tuning houses had sent me.

I agree with you two, I wouldn't and on the odd occasion we get asked to at work we refuse. It's there for a reason

Finally had a response from Milltek!! :)

The system for the MK5 Golf GT TDI will fit Sharky, the tailpipes will be almost identical to how they look now, so keeping the OEM look. They are recommending the non resonated where i wanted to go for fully resonated and cut down on cabin noise, what do you guys think?

The system for the MK5 Golf GT TDI will fit Sharky, the tailpipes will be almost identical to how they look now, so keeping the OEM look. They are recommending the non resonated where i wanted to go for fully resonated and cut down on cabin noise, what do you guys think?

If you really want an opinion...  I'd go for resonated.

The non resonated is going to be louder and possibly a bit "boomy".

With all due respect, it's on a 1.6 diesel.  Not a 500bhp Jap rocket.

I can't see the point in keeping it looking almost OEM if you then go for something optionally loud.

But it's your call, if it's not a daily you may like it loud.

• Like 1

If you want to cut cabin noise definitely fully resonated
  • Like 1

If you really want an opinion...  I'd go for resonated.

The non resonated is going to be louder and possibly a bit "boomy".

With all due respect, it's on a 1.6 diesel.  Not a 500bhp Jap rocket.

I can't see the point in keeping it looking almost OEM if you then go for something optionally loud.

But it's your call, if it's not a daily you may like it loud.

My thoughts exactly, id know its not going to give ant great gains but i do like the more refined sound the resonated systems give. 

The next question is cat back or down pipe and sports cat/no cat ? to many choices for a bloke :)

My thoughts exactly, id know its not going to give ant great gains but i do like the more refined sound the resonated systems give. 

The next question is cat back or down pipe and sports cat/no cat ? to many choices for a bloke :)

Logically will you need to do the downpipe?

Diesels don't tend to need upgraded ones as much as petrols IIRC.

Unless you are going to fit a big turbo and go over 200+bhp I doubt it's needed.

Your car may already have the same size downpipe as my CR170 anyway and that runs 200-ish all day long with just a remap.

• Like 1

Logically will you need to do the downpipe?

Diesels don't tend to need upgraded ones as much as petrols IIRC.

Unless you are going to fit a big turbo and go over 200+bhp I doubt it's needed.

Your car may already have the same size downpipe as my CR170 anyway and that runs 200-ish all day long with just a remap.

Thanks for taking the time to input, nice having advice from someone thats got the t shirt as it were :)

The cat back can be had fitted for under £500, if its in the black Friday sale ill get it sooner rather than later. 

The cat back can be had fitted for under £500, if its in the black Friday sale ill get it sooner rather than later. 

Do you think there will be much of a performance gain, or do you just want a fruitier noise?

The Miltek's is quiet on the diesels.

My brother has a non resonated one on his mk1 octavia. It's fairly quiet tbh and gives a nice subtle noise when giving it the beans.

I'd imagine the yeti has better sound insulation so I would have thought the non resonated will be ok

• Like 1

Do you think there will be much of a performance gain, or do you just want a fruitier noise?

Just looking for a nicer exhaust note, i know it won't give much, if any gains, the push towards non resonated was Milltek saying it would give better performance, but i can't see how?

What a great thread!

This is the sort of attitude I find desperately missing on the forum specific for my octy3...

Thanks for sharing!

Glad you like what we're doing with the Yeti :)
  • Like 1

Bit of an update, picked up the Teron Alloys so hopefully have them on later today but the the bigger news is that I've taken the plunge with the exhaust!

Called up Awesome GTI as they were having there Black Friday sale and bagged myself a Milltek exhaust!

At £420 inc VAT I couldn't say no, the only thing was I had to go for a non resonated as that's all Milltek listed for the Mk5 Golf GT TDI system which would fit the Yeti.

The guys at awesome assured me that there would hardly be any noticeable difference over standard in terms of cabin noise, I hope they are right :(

• Like 1