207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

BTW, I just found that Golf R IC should be a viable alternative... http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56744

It should fit, the difference between the Golf R and S3 a Intercoolers are the end tanks. The S3 had alloy end tanks were the Golf R has plastic end tanks :)

Love the new wheels, these are what I really wanted on the L&K, but alas not possible.

I have to admire what you are doing, but I do wonder why you didn't start out with a 170 lol

• Like 1

Love the new wheels, these are what I really wanted on the L&K, but alas not possible.

I have to admire what you are doing, but I do wonder why you didn't start out with a 170 lol

Because it's been done ;)

• Like 1

Continuing the intercooler theme...

So...it sounds like you've seen a noticeable improvement by changing the IC. Do you still think this is the case, now you've been driving it for a while with the new IC ?

I find it odd, because general wisdom seems to be that uprated ICs only tend to help where your intake temps are getting too high, as a result of pushing boost pressure higher than stock.

Given that the same IC is fitted to all models, including the 170, that would suggest the standard one should be more than adequate for yours - as I assume yours won't be running any higher boost than a stock 170 ?

Did Shark say they expected to see an increase (10-15% I think you said) on your car as it is at the moment, or did they mean the IC would make those gains in the future when you've had the turbo work done ?

I'm intrigued...mainly because it seems like a reliable way of getting 10-15% more out of a 170....a straightforward swap, DIYable, retaining a standard appearance and no additional boost....

Have to say I'm quite tempted, although finding a few hours free to do it would be the big issue for me.

Continuing the intercooler theme...

So...it sounds like you've seen a noticeable improvement by changing the IC. Do you still think this is the case, now you've been driving it for a while with the new IC ?

I find it odd, because general wisdom seems to be that uprated ICs only tend to help where your intake temps are getting too high, as a result of pushing boost pressure higher than stock.

Given that the same IC is fitted to all models, including the 170, that would suggest the standard one should be more than adequate for yours - as I assume yours won't be running any higher boost than a stock 170 ?

Did Shark say they expected to see an increase (10-15% I think you said) on your car as it is at the moment, or did they mean the IC would make those gains in the future when you've had the turbo work done ?

I'm intrigued...mainly because it seems like a reliable way of getting 10-15% more out of a 170....a straightforward swap, DIYable, retaining a standard appearance and no additional boost....

Have to say I'm quite tempted, although finding a few hours free to do it would be the big issue for me.

I'm back over on Thursday so hopefully will get a run on the Dyno to see how the figures have changed. The Yeti pulls a lot better through the midrange, as we were already running increased boost from the stage1 map, the additional cool air (higher density) allows for better combustion giving a slight increase in bhp and torque.

Although the original Intercooler may have coped, the upgrade has the extra capability to exploite the remap. For example, Sharks Fabia 1.6tdi made 135bhp where mine made 149bhp, this was down to the Yeti having a larger stock Intercooler than the Fabia.

The car is having the gloss black vinyl wrap on the roof this Friday so I'll get some pics up and I've just bought some Heko wind deflectors for £32 including postage :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120969426815?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Is there a reason the roof sides were not done? It looks odd with just the centre section done.

That's what I asked for, wanted it to look a little different :)

I'll nick that first photo then! :P

I'll get a better one tomorrow, by the time I got home the light was going, just managed to get those couple, can you hang on till then?

Few pics of the vinyl wrap going on, the Milltek cat back system will be going on next Tuesday plus ive ordered some Eibach's after finally getting a response, 35mm front and 30mm rear drop which will be enough on the handeling for now (although I've said that before!!)

post-120571-0-01140200-1417816061_thumb.jpg

post-120571-0-29842800-1417816074_thumb.jpg

post-120571-0-43547200-1417816086_thumb.jpg

post-120571-0-39416500-1417816098_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks :) bit of a gamble but I love it and it's different to any other ;)

You've got to gamble every now and again, that's why I went for the black and white grill, not everyone's taste but its grown on me and its different. I also went for the same white carbon wrap over the centre console plastics, couldn't get used to it, so took it off, that's the beauty of wrapping!

I do think yours would have looked a bit odd going to the edge with the cut of the roof line and the rails, nice one mate.

• Like 1

Ordered a nice subtle roof spoiler which should finish off the exterior look nicely, ill be able to leave it black to fit in with the new roof :)

http://www.superskoda.com/scripts/podrobnosti.php?IDZ=10054&admin=1&MS=1&SC=4af3fc5e01d4a8349c9c0c96ab434093

Pics to follow once its on.