207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

Not getting Sharky back tomorrow now :(

Dave just called and Ben would like the car for a few more days, I can fully understand why, he's writing a completly new map with no real base to work from as this hasn't been done in the UK before.

Looks like I'm gonna need the hire car for a little longer !!

Spot on that, Ben won't sign anything off that isn't right, so it's all for the greater good

• Like 1

Shame you're not with the same company as when you fitted the DTUK tuning box Darrell! No increase then IIRC? ;-)

Slightly few more changes this time around!!

Slightly few more changes this time around!!

I can just imagine the phone call....

"Hi, yes, that's right, I've just fitted a turbo from a 2.0 litre......but purely for economy reasons, it will be working so much easier"

• Like 3

"Hi, yes, that's right, I've just fitted a turbo from a 2.0 litre......but purely for economy reasons, it will be working so much easier"

This is usually the issue, power gains are on a percentage basis of the original car.

Taking a 105bhp Greenline to potentially 200+bhp is a huge increase so the insurance companies may want a pound of flesh.

Remapping my 170 to 200 cost nothing.

All part of the fun and something I'll have to deal with in future as well. :)

• Like 2

This is usually the issue, power gains are on a percentage basis of the original car.

Taking a 105bhp Greenline to potentially 200+bhp is a huge increase so the insurance companies may want a pound of flesh.

Mmmmmm

Citigogo......450 - 60 = lots :(

• Like 2

Poor girl on the other end had no idea what I was talking about, conversation was along the lines of:

"so was it broke and you had replace the turbo"

"No I upgraded the turbo from a 2.0tdi Yeti"

"so it's a 2.0tdi now?"

"No it's still a 1.6tdi...." !!!

We got there in the end God love her :)

• Like 4

Now that will be an interesting one "I've had to replace the engine and make a few modifications to allow it to fit" ;)

Yes, Boss, sorry, Boss :)

Took my own thread off thread!!! Oh well, spoke to Dave again this morning and ive extended the hire car until Tuesday lunch time (another £120!) so hopefully that will give Ben enough additional time on the car.

They are being really tight lipped about any figures they've seen so far, which either makes me excited or nervous, can't decide which?

All Ive got is that it's running great with the new turbo on, so let the wait commence, at least I'm in Belfast this weekend so I wouldnt have had the car anyway :)

• Like 1

Took my own thread off thread!!! Oh well, spoke to Dave again this morning and ive extended the hire car until Tuesday lunch time (another £120!) so hopefully that will give Ben enough additional time on the car.

They are being really tight lipped about any figures they've seen so far, which either makes me excited or nervous, can't decide which?

All Ive got is that it's running great with the new turbo on, so let the wait commence, at least I'm in Belfast this weekend so I wouldnt have had the car anyway :)

I like the sound of the "running great" bit :)

• Like 1