MK3 Skoda Emblem

Hi all,

Having debadged the rear of my VRS (except the vrs badge of course) I would like to change the Skoda emblems to be black or matt black. I think i have seen some on some special editions of fabias but just wondered if any aftermarket suppliers actually make a black or matt black bonnet and tailgate emblem as a direct replacement.

I am quite crappy at painting, so the idea of spraying my own and doing a good job is troubling.

Google isnt returning much, so hopefully someone has done this or knows!

• Like 1

The superskoda one is a standard badge that has been painted afterwards, says so in the description.

- original product from Skoda Auto,a.s.

- modified by an official Skoda dealership

But surely a standard badge doesn't hit £30 a pop? Even with the painting costs that seems a little steep. Especially including postage on top.

If you want something mega cheap & don't mind waiting you could try AliExpress:

http://www.aliexpress.com/premium/skoda-badge-black.html?ltype=wholesale&d=y&origin=y&SearchText=skoda+badge+black&initiative_id=SB_20141007082912&isViewCP=y&catId=0

There's a couple of other threads about this Chinese website selling various Skoda badges, decals, accesories etc.

I bought the rear cargo net for my Octavia from there.

Quite nice quality, delivery took 10 days & postage included for 5.50gbp

But surely a standard badge doesn't hit £30 a pop? Even with the painting costs that seems a little steep. Especially including postage on top.

I wouldn't be suprised if that was the official Skoda price from a dealership.

All the new OEM badges I can find tend to be £20. Seems ridiculous.

I really want to change the badges on my car to black magic (like the black pack) with a colour coded background, I'm just too tight to pay £20 for a proxy badge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Plastidip... worked for stealth 3.. not taking any photos at the moment, a winter beet lying in the road took out my  3 week old front offside bridgestone today and Im sulking because I have the space saver fitted until the new tyre is fitted tomorrow... no really, im sulking......

PlastiDip worked well on my car. Really easy to apply and nice to know it'll peel off if I want to restore it (something I've already had to do when I messed up the front badge).

IMG_20150215_185440.jpg

And here's a close up of the kind of texture you get from the matt black:

2015-02-01.jpg

Edited by damianpeterson
  • Like 3

Sorry guys,  all black looks like you're ashamed of the badge and trying to hide it.

Does the backing colour not work the same way Ford does.....

Remove the badge, turn it over, sandpaper it (all the colour disapears), paint it whatever colour you want, get some thin waterproof double sided sticky pads, stick back on car.  That's how you get the Ford badge with Red, white, whatever colour background.

Certainly don't pay £40 for it!

PlastiDip worked well on my car. Really easy to apply and nice to know it'll peel off if I want to restore it (something I've already had to do when I messed up the front badge).

IMG_20150215_185440.jpg

And here's a close up of the kind of texture you get from the matt black:

2015-02-01.jpg

The black badge works well on a white car and looks good

• Thanks 1

Does the backing colour not work the same way Ford does....

No, they're an all in one moulded badge but I know what you mean with the Ford badges (I did it on my Sapph Cossie).

When I eventually get mine (on order) I'm going to infill around the chrome badge part with a very fine modellers paint brush with the cars body colour (race blue), so it looks as if the badge is just the chrome part.

If that makes sense! 

Is it just me or does the new badge look a bit like Vauxhall? I might be one of the few that prefers the old green badge ....

• Like 1

Is it just me or does the new badge look a bit like Vauxhall? I might be one of the few that prefers the old green badge ....

Wholly agree with you on both counts Brooksuk. Someone saw my car on the drive and told me he thought the new Vauxhall looked very smart. I was NOT amused :devil:  That dash of green in the old badge was very well calculated and separated Skoda from the other common VW marques as well as looking rather distinguished (IMO). Times change and we have to get used to the new one I guess, but I'm not convinced.

When I collected my new car from the dealer  I said I preferred the previous badges and the salesman rolled his eyes "Oh no, Not another one!"

Apparently a female customer had already refused to take delivery until all the new badges had been changed to the old style.

Definitely more distinctive with the green (although the Skoda motif is also very weird)

Edited by Gerrycan

When I collected my new car from the dealer  I said I preferred the previous badges and the salesman rolled his eyes "Oh no, Not another one!"

Apparently a female customer had already refused to take delivery until all the new badges had been changed to the old style.

Definitely more distinctive with the green (although the Skoda motif is also very weird)

That has to be a British phenomenon, since here in Finland the new badge has had a warm welcome. Then again there are no Vauxhalls around...the Opel badge is quite different.