Electric boot struts.....

Maybe I should have have ticked that option!!

Of course maybe one line to take with Skoda UK would be a refund of the option cost due to not providing a working option.......might be worth a thought?

Alan - they may have to reorder on the new part number, but it looks like there is now stock!

The new part number may not necessarily mean a revised part, it could be a different manufacturer to the same specs, or produced in a different country by the same manufacturer.

Fingers crossed it is a new revised, non-leaking strut though :)

• Like 1

Looks like my second set of electric boot struts are leaking now....

At least it not the engine pishing oil every 2 months!

Really though am I to arrange my 10th or so visit to the dealer in less than a year. I never did buy the dealer line of this is an isolated case due to the amount of owners on here suffering the same.

What a shame. A potentially good option being tarnished by either poor design or poor quality.

Skoda you really need to show you can sort out these problems. You are turning customers opinions and losing sales. Soon it will only be the (mundane) fleet sales that support the brand and i think that's the remit of VW and Audi already.

The good news is it looks like the part may have been revised - so fingers crossed that this is the end of the leaking boot struts saga.

......and you believed something a dealer told you? Regardless of brand, dealers do tend to stretch the truth somewhat. 

• Like 3

I dont believe jack what a dealer says. They only want a sale after all.

Seriously though, I am wasting to much of my life dealing with the current trend of frequent part failure. This is only year 1 after all. I dread what years 2, 3 and 4 may bring. A DPF and Dsg past warranty is not a gamble I'm taking with this brand.

Then again each to their own.

Phone call from dealer Wednesday to say my replacement struts were in, not sure if they are the revised version but I will ask for part numbers this afternoon when they are fitted.

"Octavianestate"

All I can say is do not go to Ford if you think 10 trips in a year is a problem, with your Skoda ;)

I ended up giving up on my brand new Ford after 9 weeks, losing £2.5k and a list of faults, totally failed to even repair by main dealer and 2 x totally messed up resprays by the Ford bodyshop!!

You either get a good car a mediocre or a really poor car no matter what manufacture :(

Didn't think to get the previous part numbers but the 2 new struts fitted have different part numbers to each other.

The left one is 5E9 827 851 F01S and the right hand side is 5E9 827 852 D03S.

looks like my 3rd set have now gone :(  

Right one is leaking oil and has gone mental a few times when opening recently with beeps galore.

To top it yesterday I parked on the father in laws drive which is a slight slope, opened the boot then walloped my head.  After checking it wasn't opened fully so closed and re-opened it.  It got to the top of its travel then sunk 8 inches by itself hence the lump on my head 

not happy :(

Mine were replaced on Thursday with the F revision as well, one of them appears to be leaking already after a day. I'm going to wipe it dry in case it is just from manufacture or shipping, but I am not very optimistic TBH.

Phone call to SUK Exec Complaints on Monday then ...........

• 2 weeks later...

Has this problem not been solved yet. Is a solution beyond the technical capacity of the mighty VAG?

Personally I do not enjoy wasting time/life dealing with persitant faults. It would appear skoda are struggling to solve these issues.

Just noticed that the struts on the Octavia Scout show car at the Frankfurt Motor Show are weeping a small amount of oil. Part number has an F at the end.

post-676-0-93244400-1442493022_thumb.jpeg

Edited by iriches

Mines being serviced tomorrow, and i've mentioned the slow and leaking struts, so lets see if they do anything this time - the boot has actually dropped down a bit a few times and i've banged my head on it, so not that happy with it - like the power tailgate but glad didn't bother with the extra cost on the scout

Is there a reported technical fault number for this, in case they fob me off again?