aftermarket wheels thread

Waiting for RS arrival... did maybe anybody try to fit thoose to vRS mk3 ?

www.original-felgen.com/4f0601025afz17.html

Thoose are 7.5 x 17 ET45, but You Skoda is recommending 7.5 x 17 with ET51 as I found in some documents.

It's a leftover from just sold Audi A4 Avant (V6 and also had a huge discs and calipers), would like to use them on Octavia in winter period. Wondering about the caliper clearance...

Edited by te@lc

Waiting for RS arrival... did maybe anybody try to fit thoose to vRS mk3 ?

www.original-felgen.com/4f0601025afz17.html

Thoose are 7.5 x 17 ET45, but You Skoda is recommending 7.5 x 17 with ET51 as I found in some documents.

It's a leftover from just sold Audi A4 Avant (V6 and also had a huge discs and calipers), would like to use them on Octavia in winter period. Wondering about the caliper clearance...

its only 6mm difference in the ET - you'll be fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.
I want to buy a set of Audi TT wheels, 8,5J x 17, ET 50.
My current wheels are 7,5j x 17, ET 49 - VRS original ones.
If my calculations are correct these new wheels that I want to buy will stay 24,4 mm to the exterior. Am I right?
Please confirm, someone that knows how these thing work.
I just love those wheels and it will get me read of the spacers. :D
 BR
Cip

No you are not right.

The extra width will be half inside/half outside +/- the difference in offset which is only a mm.

In your example the extra mm is to the inside (greater offset means more inboard).

But aren't standard wheels ET51 (still only another mm or two) or are you taking into account spacers?

Edited by AUSKOUT

Standard wheels are indeed ET51 (18 inch ones) and ET49 in my case (17 inch ones). Regarding the offset it is fine.
I did not knew exactly how the width difference will affect me.
If you say that the width will be splitted half inside, half outside... that means that It will be ok and the wheel will stay more to outside with approx. 12 mm.

I purchased them.

Waiting to be delivered in 1-2 weeks.

Can't wait to see how they will change the look of the car.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, and... sorry for that this discussion was not about aftermarket wheels. Still, I think my question was best suited to this topic.

Edited by cip

... and this is how it looks like.
They fit somehow ok... I say somehow ok because the inside of the wheel is pretty close to the suspension, but still ok.
In the front, there is something rubbing against the inside edge of the rim, only when the steering is at the maximum left or right and I go forward. In reverse, curiously there is no problem.
I couldn't identify what it is, even I asked a friend of mine to steer and I looked under the car (with the car standing still :p ).
I hope that I will be able to find and fix this, if not I will have set of Audi TT rims for sale... :)

post-50822-0-16113300-1441218947_thumb.jpg

post-50822-0-77877600-1441218953_thumb.jpg

post-50822-0-68164100-1441218960_thumb.jpg

Edited by cip

I managed to find out what's the problem with the rubbing.

It's this nut.

I don't know if I can do something to it, except spacers...  but I wanted to avoid spacers...

Any ideas, anyone?

post-50822-0-34475100-1441268909_thumb.jpg

Edited by cip

Looks like that's the end of the steering arm/track rod that the inside edge of the rim is just fouling, damn. Can't see how you can alter that.   Unless..... Is it definitely the alloy that is fouling, or could it be a balance weight?   I'm grasping at straws but if it's a balance weight then thinner weights might be an answer?  If you can find them.

Nope. Unfortunately it is the rim not the weights... :(
I am afraid that there is no other solution. I have to put spacers or buy other wheels. Damn, I like these wheels so much.
So, be careful if you want 8,5 x 17 inch, ET50 rims on your Octavia MK3. :)

post-129178-14416367537896_thumb.png these bug I sprayed them gloss black. Was a few hundred extra for black. Going to get them done properly when the funds allow. And mine are 8.5, not 9.5! Edited by Oze30