Elite: Dangerous

Neo_VR

Got the joystick - makes it so much more playable. Doable on mouse/keyboard but enjoyable with joystick (and some keyboard).

Starting to make some money now - need a quick way to get a hauler and do some heavy duty trading.

Interesting feature on the galaxy map is that you can turn on trading routes which gives a coloured guide between destinations.

Until an xbox one version appears (if at all) am unlikely to play this

One thing bothers me tho is this online multiplayer aspect

Is it turning into a 'call of duty' style of game?

i.e make some money,get killed off by campers/psychos then have to start again?

You can get your ship insured so you don't lose everything - also you don't need to play online, there is a solo mode as well.

No, not at all. For a start, you can play solo, so you don't see any other human-piloted craft, but more importantly the universe is absolutely vast so you won't be tripping over them all the time anyway.

You can also play the game very safe and stick to law abiding missions in well policed systems where the chances of you losing a ship are minimal (I've been killed three times so far, all of which were my own fault).

Finally, your ship is insured so will cost you 5% to re-purchase after a death. As long as you don't run round with zero credits in the bank you're pretty safe.

Survived two attacks so far -one I destroyed and the other I was on the way to destroying when the Feds turned up and finished him off. Combat is a lot easier with the gimballed weapons. Currently at Wolf 359.

• Like 1

Survived two attacks so far -one I destroyed and the other I was on the way to destroying when the Feds turned up and finished him off. Combat is a lot easier with the gimballed weapons. Currently at Wolf 359.

Is there anything interesting there? Was one of the first places I wanted to visit.

Is there anything interesting there? Was one of the first places I wanted to visit.

Decent trading run to there from one of the nearby systems (can't remember which but is one jump away). -but it's nothing special

Greenline Space transit?

Ordered with Christmas Money, currently awaiting the download for the full game, played the training missions, runs really well on my Laptop and plays well with the Xbox Controller which is decent, slightly daunted by the size of it though! 

Will do. I'm mooching round in a Lakon Hauler at the mo. 16T cargo capacity makes a nice difference to the missions you can get so I'm saving for a Cobra Mk3 at the mo. Should get that today or tomorrow, then I can start shooting things again.

Dont forget, if you bought the beta, IIRC you also get a free ship at a second location.

Ive got a hauler and also a tricked up Eagle at the moment. Might chop them both in for a cobra soon though and head over to Sol

I have just spent a few hours learning and playing...... its true to form just like the old game! survived an attack, me and the feds killed him (combat training came in handy, glad I did that first!) I have travveled to another system, successfully docked first time 9watched training vids first) and have bought some cargo..... now to find another system to sell it to! lol.....

I am (of course) Sharkrider in the game, if anyone wants to message ect .....

so, are we gonna set up a little group/fed ect for brisky members? and how do you do that ? lol...

alosi when we killed the pilot, I deployed scoops and tried to get the canisters, but they just hit the ship, in the old game you would just fly above them to collect them... anyone tell me how to scoop up cargo from a blown up ship? :)

bloody brilliant game so far , really enjoying it :)

Shark