Dtuk tuning box settings

@ Andrew and Darren...

Did you swap just the box or the loom too?  Just thinking out loud - maybe a dodgy connection?????

In my 30 odd years experience of electrical/electronic faults, 9/10 are dodgy connectors, verdigris and the like.

we swapped the whole kit, loom and box.

I've had a couple of issues but Andrew has always resolved them. Rolling roaded myself and got a satisfactory result but I have the new updated box on now and I'll be rolling roading it later in the year.

You are best off flicking through this page with plenty of debate as those questions has been asked hundreds of times - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/294284-weve-started-having-tinker-with-the-20tdi-184ps

The people that have them will recommend them and those that don't won't - It is the way the internet works....And don't mention the dreaded W word otherwise it will all kick off.

james, tried to drop you a pm but cant..

give me a call this net week and ill organise that trial i promised you last year :)

Question for those who have dtuk box and a dsg (and no pedal box!)

When you are coasting in D (not sport mode!) around 30/40mph in lowest of revs, and then you floor it, does it pick up immediately or there is a turbo lack?

I am talking about TDI version.

For me there is a big turbo lack in such cases, the effect is even more pronounced if the car is heavier (loaded with people).

When you are coasting in D (not sport mode!) around 30/40mph in lowest of revs, and then you floor it, does it pick up immediately or there is a turbo lack?

For me there is a big turbo lack in such cases, the effect is even more pronounced if the car is heavier (loaded with people).

I think you meant E and not D, the DSG dosen't coast in D, I'm not entirely sure this is turbolag, in E there are more pedal delays TBH, with the FBW throttle fitted to the O3, there are some pedal delays in D also.

I've driven O3 fitted with a Pedalbox from DTUK and there are no delays with that, made driving in E much better.

Mine kicks down in this scenario so yes there is a bit of a lag (I have assumed you meant cruising in D rather than coasting) so maybe I've misunderstood. 

I think you meant E and not D, the DSG dosen't coast in D, I'm not entirely sure this is turbolag, in E there are more pedal delays TBH, with the FBW throttle fitted to the O3, there are some pedal delays in D also.

I had the same thought :)  Great minds think alike.... :)

• 1 year later...

I've had my TSI VRS on setting 3-2 for a month or so, and never really got to grips with it.

I changed it back to 2-2 today before a drive back south to Gloucester and the car feels so much more eager again, the sweet spot is between 3-5000 rpm, so great for lazy overtakes on the motorway, also my fuel consumption has returned back to the high 30's low 40's, where on the 3-2 I struggled to get more than low to mid 30's.

I think 2-2 is where it's going to stay!

You'll need some axle stands, it's an under'n'up to get at that boost sensor but, so worth it

Regards

T

As T said, getting to the boost sensor is pita, it's easiest to remove the engine under-tray for access.

I also fitted the throttle pedal box at the same time, and that totally transforms how the car responds to throttle input, it's a smooth as silk.

As T said, getting to the boost sensor is pita, it's easiest to remove the engine under-tray for access.

I also fitted the throttle pedal box at the same time, and that totally transforms how the car responds to throttle input, it's a smooth as silk.

+1 for Pedal Box.....

I fitted the Pedal Box first, found the sweet spot for my style of driving then progressed to the Tuning Box.  I will say though, make sure the clips on the Pedal Box are connected right, mine was deceptively not connected at one point (even though it looked nad felt correct), as I went round certain corners the car had a paddy and went  limp...

+1 for Pedal Box.....

I fitted the Pedal Box first, found the sweet spot for my style of driving then progressed to the Tuning Box.  I will say though, make sure the clips on the Pedal Box are connected right, mine was deceptively not connected at one point (even though it looked nad felt correct), as I went round certain corners the car had a paddy and went  limp...

what setting do you have the pedal box on??

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to ordering my own CRDT+ 'Trevor' box from DT-UK last week (car is already a year old ... a 'wasted' year, boo!)

Spent the past week trying out the various different programs, and after much deliberation (and some mild disappointment with certain settings), I'm now settled on 3+2, and I love it!

Of course, this setup is not to everyone's needs, and it seems that 1+1 is very popular on here; but that particular setup didn't suit my personal needs or typical daily 'commute'. But for me, 3+2 is exactly what I was looking for. 

I do appreciate it may be a little 'excessive' for other users. I seldom boot the car anyway, but if I need to, I find this setting is right for me. Did a couple of hundred miles at the weekend with no probs. Cheers for the input everyone!

I finally got around to ordering my own CRDT+ 'Trevor' box from DT-UK last week (car is already a year old ... a 'wasted' year, boo!)

Spent the past week trying out the various different programs, and after much deliberation (and some mild disappointment with certain settings), I'm now settled on 3+2, and I love it!

Of course, this setup is not to everyone's needs, and it seems that 1+1 is very popular on here; but that particular setup didn't suit my personal needs or typical daily 'commute'. But for me, 3+2 is exactly what I was looking for.

I do appreciate it may be a little 'excessive' for other users. I seldom boot the car anyway, but if I need to, I find this setting is right for me. Did a couple of hundred miles at the weekend with no probs. Cheers for the input everyone!

I'm using 3+2, I find the delivery much more urgent and has that traditional diesel shove.

Try +3 in warmer weather, it's a great summer setting but beware, not all cars will happily run in +3

Regards

T