What annoyed you today at work?

Hyphons

Having to address a letter to a convicted paedophile in jail as "Dear Mr".

Surely "Dear Beast", "Mr Nonce" etc would be more civil...

• 3 weeks later...

The sub-contracted maintenance guy at work leaving because his company won't pay him a decent wage for what he does.....on the + my boss is trying to persuade him to come back on his own, and we've already said we'll pay double what he was on...so who knows :-)

Should have put this up last week, but forgot, customer borrowed my machine level, balanced it on a slide rail on a machine, then knocked it off and broke the vial, letting the bubble escape!!

Today, I have bought and fitted a new vial, then calibrated it, only cost £18.00 for the new vial.

Edited by Miz

(I repair car bodywork as one of many jobs, a lot of the stuff I get asked to do is at the very budget end)

Random bloke coming up to me whilst paying for petrol at the fuel station.

Him: "You still doing paint?"

Me: Yep, pretty busy now the sun has come out again

Silence

H: "Complete waste of money"

W: How do you mean?

Silence

H: "Job you did for me, complete waste of money"

W: Oh, when was that?  What car was it?

Silence

H: "Silver Polo, you sprayed too far up the arch, complete waste of money"

W: I don't understand?

H: Hand in my face to stop me responding, "complete waste of money" walks off

I sometimes get asked to tart a car up for photos so it can be sold, so if I was not spraying a whole arch it would have been a mega-cheap spray can blow in for a few quid.

The guy would have paid peanuts and have agreed it would be a cheap nasty job rather than to spray the complete wing as I usually would.

The guy would have seen and inspected the job before paying and would have been happy at the time or I would have sorted it then.

The guy has had at least 12 months to call back round and show me any problem so it could be sorted if it was necessary.

I guess he thought the car was worth more money than it was, did badly on the sale, regretted spending any money on it and wanted someone to blame, which was me.

I'll always sort an issue out-so to be confronted in front of a load of people like this without any warning did upset me.

Started the day off badly...

• Like 1

Yet again came into work and ended up redoing someone else's welding work as it was pigeon poo! That and the boss looked in a mood again and just ignored me when I talked to him, amongst the other usual crap! so yeah great start to the week, time to get a new job soon I think!

It's Sunday, shop is not busy so as usual (I'm on my own on Sunday) I close the shop to literally be 5 minutes and run across to KFC to get lunch (I'm human after all so I need to eat) as I close the shop I hear someone say "oh that's good open Sunday and he's closing" I nearly turned round and smacked the bitch, you expect me to go 7 hours without food? Some people don't ****ing think

I've had a gash in my toe for a while at work now, no real issue, just strap it up daily, but this ****ing customer today was donating a load of just utter ****, she also wanted her ****ing bags back too, then what does she do? Drop a book directly onto the split in my toe tearing it open even more

I've had a gash in my toe for a while at work now, no real issue, just strap it up daily, but this ******* customer today was donating a load of just utter ****, she also wanted her ******* bags back too, then what does she do? Drop a book directly onto the split in my toe tearing it open even more

Steel toe capped training shoes,enough protection to keep your toe happy and light enough to be on your feet 8 hours to work in.I almost wear mine 24/7 [ 3 little toe breaks in 2 years..ouch...so I'm taking no more chances ]

Annoyed me today how we all got briefing notes in individual personalised envelopes.... Shake they don't use this "email" thing

Can understand that - email will never catch on.

Same with this interweb thing.

Annoyed me today how we all got briefing notes in individual personalised envelopes.... Shake they don't use this "email" thing

Tell everyone else yours had a cheque in, sit back and watch the fire works.

Edited by StevesTruck
  • Like 1

Am on the train as I write this.

Listening to some classical music and....oh yes...The ticka ticka noise of some oik ' s music turned up far too loud.

• 2 weeks later...

Customer came into the shop earlier, wheelchair bound, they knocked the door and I didn't think anything of it, went to close the front door 5:30 and it's been knocked off the bottom pivot (happened last month, company came to fix it and did a **** unprofessional rude job) this is my view of this evening and my beautiful masterpiece to hold the door closed

(photo edited to remove any affiliation with the company I work for, or to dumb it down, to cover my own ass)

5535a78ab7233eda25d87f7f6b0907a3_zps0bpd

Edited by Hyphons
  • Like 1