mirrorlink

stug45

I spoke to John at customer services. He has tried to research further however it is still a case of waiting.

He has said there may be a software update but there is no definite on this. The main problem he has is they do not give enough information.

It would be nice if they did.

Only thing is to wait for week 22 as there will be information passed to dealers regarding this. I believe about 25th may.

Just need to wait

I spoke to customer services yesterday and I was told that smart link replaces mirror link build week 22 to be sure that Iphone would work with this I should ask my dealer to put back my build week back to week 22 . I asked them to do this and I'm still waiting to hear from them

Hello all. Got bad news for all of ya.

Just got reply from Skoda Poland: "2015 model year Fabia models will NOT be upgradable to Smartlink". So no android auto for us.

Also, new price list was added to Polish website with "model year 2016/production year 2015" which shows amundsen and smartlink available as options.

Now need to make decision - resign (car is produced and in shipment :/) or take it and gamble whether more phones will be added to support mirrorlink/be mad that wont be able to use android auto.

I'd like if its software for bolero for them to release the update.

If the hardware differs I'd like the upgraded hardware. No cost.

Have they not heard of treating client's fairly?

The Amundsen will have its own inbuilt sat nav.

I'd like if its software for bolero for them to release the update.

If the hardware differs I'd like the upgraded hardware. No cost.

Have they not heard of treating client's fairly?

The Amundsen will have its own inbuilt sat nav.

I'm glad I couldn't get a deal put together in March, I'm waiting until September now so hopefully it'll all be sorted by then and a proper compatible headunit will be fitted.

I spoke to customer services yesterday and I was told that smart link replaces mirror link build week 22 to be sure that Iphone would work with this I should ask my dealer to put back my build week back to week 22 . I asked them to do this and I'm still waiting to hear from them

Update on above my dealer got back to me today and said that they could not put back my build week . They said it was to near to being built To alter even with the fact I'd tried to add rain and light assist .

Skoda customer service [emoji107]

Mirrorlink translated means Betamax video [emoji3] if your over 50 you should remember this was going to be the best video system you just couldn't get films to watch on it . In theory mirror link is great you just can't get many phones or apps to work with it.

So please wake up Skoda and get us a firmware update or replace bolero with Amundsen on all our cars.

If Amundsen had been an option when I ordered my Fabia, I'd have gone for it without hesitation.

• Like 1

Just been told that my build week is Week 20, and it can't be delayed. Guess there's no way of me telling you all if a week 22 build car is, by default, SmartLink compatible or not.

Oh well, a Kenu Airframe (www.kenu.com/products/airframe) and my Xperia Z2 on Google Maps should do the trick considering how conveniently placed the air vents are!

• Like 1

Skoda should be giving out free Airframes to all new Fabia owners. Feels ridiculous that you have to buy a piece of plastic for 20 euro to get a working navigation in a brand new car, when you allready have spend money on a useless software called Mirrorlink.

Haha great to see so many of us on the Airframe bandwagon! A genuinely great piece of kit to serve a useful purpose. KristianRS, they are very well built so they should live up to the hype (and no, I don't work for them lol!)...

I do agree with puntable, it's lunacy that we have to go through these measures. But I guess the bottom line is we want a fantastic car for a fantastic price that serves all of our needs. The Fabia Mk3 really does tick those fundamental boxes. Yes, we are most definitely owed a software update as early adopters... But Fabia buyers notoriously have their heads screwed on tight. So we'll find a way to make it work one way or another :)

• Like 2

Ordered my airframe too, now thinking of taking the plunge with the sony experia z3 compact. :sweat: Good deal with Giff Gaff at the mo.

You should go for it if you think the deal is good - the Z3 Compact is easily the best smaller-sized Android phone on the market. My wife's Z1 Compact is just pure class for her and her smaller hands without sacrificing the power of flagship Android phones. It will be upgraded to Lollipop in the UK very soon too (if not already)... Just make sure you use a reliable case because unlike the other Premium Z range at Sony,the Z3 Compact is framed with plastic and not metal. Case-Mate do some really top quality cases for decent prices so have a look at their 'Barely There' range?

Hope that helps!

I initially was wary Happycatphil... But then I realised how pointless Mirrorlink is on our Fabias unless we're willing to dish out the £70 odd for a compatible (and rather pants) Sygic App. However, Lollipop is a necessity for Android Auto so here's still hoping stug45 gets his wish and we all have a Smartlink update rolled out as software!!!

• Like 1

Ordered my airframe Saturday early hours, Got a shock yesterday knock at door hey presto an air frame . Very good quality ,fits a treat on my 6 plus. Only problem I've got to wait a month for the car at least .lol

• Like 1

Z3 compact is what I went for. Its definitely a great phone.

I'd like smart link to have been done from the start! Watch this space

• Like 1