Moments of joy in your day today

mender

10 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Hurt my back in Church stacking chairs (trying to keep up with the youngsters) on 29th December and was in absolute agony for 2 weeks. My fault kept going to work and you don't realise how much you twist getting in/out of the car (particularly in tight parking spaces) thankfully now fully recovered as I will have to carry two 23kg suitcases down 2 flights of stairs in our house and into the boot of my car. Hopefully I will pass this test without more pain because there is nothing quite like those stabbing sensations in your lower back.:sadsmile:

First time I did mine my daily driver was the mx5...   I spent many a half hour when I got home Sat in the car on the drive or in front of the garage trying to get out through the pain...

Second time I did it I spent a week in bed as I couldn't put my right foot on the floor without being in agony...   It was almost up there with the pain of kidney stones (I remember hand my urine sample over and them thinking it was a blood sample...)

Edited by skomaz

10 minutes ago, skomaz said:

First time I did mine my daily driver was the mx5...   I spent many a half hour when I got home Sat in the car on the drive or in front of the garage trying to get out through the pain...

Second time I did it I spent a week in bed as I couldn't put my right foot on the floor without being in agony...   It was almost up there with the pain of kidney stones (I remember handinmy urine sample over and then this King it was a blood sample...)

I can laugh about it now but wife thought I was mad going to work as she had to help me get out of bed I was in so much pain.;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just thinking that, all going to plan, in 12hrs time ill have Spud 2 cuddled up in my arms while swmbo sleeps off the epidural and post c-section pain killers :) :) :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Just thinking that, all going to plan, in 12hrs time ill have Spud 2 cuddled up in my arms while swmbo sleeps off the epidural and post c-section pain killers :) :) :)

Just time to watch the Superbowl then mac. About to start my second Jameson waiting for it to start later. Good luck to the four of you and everything crossed for a safe birth for mum and baby.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Shy, wont be watchin the game.. will be sleeping.. hospital check in is at 730, so early start, with likely little to no rest time tomorrow!

Beemer in to get alloys powder coated.

Chrome-ish to get close to original diamond cut look. Hope it looks ok. But it's got to look better than the manky oxidised alloy.

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Has any manufacturer managed to crack the diamond cut finish that lasts. 

3 of my wheels had been refurbed when I got the car. I knew about diamond cut when I got it so I looked at the alloys very very closely before I bought, they all looked mint. The 3 refurbed went off together after only 6 months, maybe less, they'd been done well to the point the dealer couldn't tell if they were refurbed or not, BMW made the call they had been and refused warranty on them. The one that was original started to go off recently so that's just over 4yr. None of them were kerbed.

I've seen some cars with older cut alloy that don't look too bad. I think the factory ones will last as long as you never get a chip, kerb or change a wheel. But that's farcical in reality.

If I buy another car with cut alloys I'll insist on it being in writing that they are covered by warranty. But I'll also assume they'll need powder coated within a few years.

Other good news, we got a new rental.

Teh house build is going to take longer than we;'d hoped so the new babby will arrive before we get in. We're in a small 2 bed and it's tight with 3 of us without the baby kit.

Haven't see a 3+ bed rental come up in the last 6 months and the day after SO and I have a conversation about how to make do a 4 bed pops up. SO goes round, it's nice, we rattle off the paper work and manage to grab it.

So it's a small 4 bed (basically same as the 2bed we're in but extended), but much bigger downstairs, (gas hob, woo hoo) and we'll have our own parking out front.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CWARD said:

BMW has been good with warranty claims on wheels but last time I decided to get them powder coated. The wife then curbed them 😐

I had taken alloy ins with BMW as well but it doesn't cover that sort of damage. I was pretty p!ssed at BM. Not the dealer they did at least try to get them under warranty.

While we are on the subject just took one of my RS6 replica alloys which the wife tried to mate with a kerb a few months ago and as I expected it is beyond repairing so ordered a new £150 replacement. At least the Michelin PS4S survived the impact and even stayed on the rim as she drove home without telling me. She did this when she borrowed my now departed Vrs245. At least I will have a spare set of wheels which will fit the Superb and the tyres still have plenty of thread left.

Car back, wheels powder coated. OK not as pristine a finish as new diamond cut but soo much better than the manky oxidised alloys I had.

Unfortuately they've cocked up one of them which will need redone. They admitted it before I'd even seen the car and it's booked into be redone.

Edited by Aspman

On 03/02/2020 at 20:25, mac11irl said:

I have a spuderick 2 ! 6th grandson on swmbo's  side, no grandaughters.. stats were leaning that way, though we were pretty sure it was a girl :D

Congrats- next milestone is grand kids, and then Great grand kids. So far ,I'm on 4 kids, six grand kids and one great grand daughter.

• Thanks 1

I have been working away for a week or so and just got back 10 minutes ago. My front porch door looked to be slightly ajar and to my utter horror, I see my inner front door is slightly open. I naturally panic and assume that I've been burgled. It turns out I haven't! I left for work at around 5 o'clock in the morning last week and although I could have sworn blind I locked the door, it appears I didn't. I've never left the door unlocked before either. Very strange, but it is definitely a moment of joy in my day. I'm off to bed now, after checking for crooks hiding under my bed. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

...although I could have sworn blind I locked the door, it appears I didn't.

I did that once, Lady E.  Believe me, you'll never do it a second time!

Today's moment of joy - finding my fences, shed and greenhouse fully intact after yesterday's storms :emoticon-0157-sun:

Wee Facebook memory.

I got engaged 11/02/2019. Since then we've bought a hole in the ground together (July says the builder) and have a baby on the way.

• Like 3