Moments of joy in your day today

mender

Had SWMBO Yeti repaired by an excellent PDR guy in Birmingham, relieved he got the dent out without the need for paint. It was palm sized right on the edge of the door and he had to glue pull it. So skilled, you can’t see anything left of the dent. I’ve ordered a replacement stone chip foil, a job for the new year.

Someone at her works car park had dented the door and driven off😟 but that’s already posted in what annoyed you today!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Fixing a 34 year old Sony Walkman WM-36...   works perfectly now (which is more than can be said for some of the cassettes that go with it!)

Ooooh you've got a posh yin with your graphic equaliser. 

I've got some "good" cassettes lying spare from my stash if you're interested. :)

Edited by AnnoyingPentium

1 minute ago, Lady Elanore said:

That would spoil the fun of trying to disentangle the tape off the capstan :D (I've had to do that off a 1/4" tape that had wrapping around the capstan for several seconds at 15ips... it wasn't pretty). 

I'm not speaking to my Technics deck for just that reason, it's being a huffy wee ****e and ate one of my tapes. I'll deal with it later. :D

1 minute ago, Lady Elanore said:

played it to my mother, who is suffering from dementia. She recognised her father's playing!

What a brilliant outcome!

I have some open reel tapes of my aunt who was a "person of significance"; I need to extract those similarly so will no doubt be seeking advice at the time.

• Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

What a brilliant outcome!

I have some open reel tapes of my aunt who was a "person of significance"; I need to extract those similarly so will no doubt be seeking advice at the time.

I've done a wee bit of transferring too, Mike. Mind you, it's not the same as Amanda doing audio production for a living, but I'll help where I can. :)

7 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I've done a wee bit of transferring too, Mike. Mind you, it's not the same as Amanda doing audio production for a living, but I'll help where I can. :)

I sadly don't have access to 1/4" gear any more. The BBC literally threw their Studer A80s outside in the backyard and left them to rust. Criminal waste. Mind you they were stereo machines not 4 track. That's the first thing you need to know. How many tracks on the 1/4" and the speed it was recorded at. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lady Elanore said:

I sadly don't have access to 1/4" gear any more. The BBC literally threw their Studer A80s outside in the backyard and left them to rust. Criminal waste. Mind you they were stereo machines not 4 track. That's the first thing you need to know. How many tracks on the 1/4" and the speed it was recorded at. 

I don't know what I have in my loft but it's mono and needs a lot of work. Cost me a fiver at a boot sale many moons ago.

Just now, AnnoyingPentium said:

I'll look out my possessed reel to reel and send some photos. But not now, I don't like going up the loft ladder so I have to talk myself into doing it. :D

It's the spiders that stop me going up into my loft, well that and the bodies

• Haha 1
  • Cheeky 2

2 minutes ago, ColinD said:

Found my classic iPod too.

Still got mine, Colin. Goes well with the head unit in my car. A 5th Gen Video 30GB.

I've got two minidisc portables and a deck in the house. Pretty decent, at least until I got the iPod. :D

3 minutes ago, ColinD said:

now to find a pair of headphones with a 3.5 mm jack.

JVC Marshmallow memory foam earphones are my go-to. Cheap enough (Asda - £14) and good enough for most practical uses, in case you need a set. :)

4 minutes ago, ColinD said:

Found my classic iPod too. Just the mini disc to find next… because mp3 wouldn’t catch on… oops.

now to find a pair of headphones with a 3.5 mm jack.

Technology redundancy is crazy. And the kids think we don't recycle enough :D 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Aye torn between selling it now, giving it to a niece as a uni present, or keep it another ten and retire on its precious materials :)

I can’t replace it, I won’t use it, I can pay to keep it warm in a box in the house … ‘22 is purge year :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColinD said:

Aye torn between selling it now, giving it to a niece as a uni present, or keep it another ten and retire on its precious materials :)

I can’t replace it, I won’t use it, I can pay to keep it warm in a box in the house … ‘22 is purge year :)

What model is it? I'd be interested if you're selling. :)

1 hour ago, MikeTheThinker said:

So that's why you keep George in the cellar!

George isn't 'a' body, he's 'The Body' 

and yes, he is still in the cellar, or George's special little house as I like to call it 

• Like 2
  • Cheeky 1