Moments of joy in your day today

mender

1 hour ago, toot said:

@Lee Excited for you tonight with The Blue Moon, that they keep explaining on the BBC is not Blue.

Looking forward to when the weather changes and there is Thunder Snow and the presenters explain what that is.

Cloudy a/f :D 

My sister's called Alison. Ali for short. Or Bongo if I really wanted to annoy her 🤣

Edited by @Lee
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, toot said:

I keep hearing on the Radio about some African leader and warring.

I liked Ali Bongo when young and his kind of magic & i believed he died in 2009.

If he just did an illusion and vanished he must be 94 year old or so.  Never went up in a puff of smoke at the Broken Wand Ceremony.

I remember Ali Bongo! Very happy memories of watching him on the telly box :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

Cloudy a/f :D 

My sister's called Alison. Ali for short. Or Bongo if I really wanted to annoy her 🤣

My brother is an Alistair...or Ali.... or Bongo....or Crystal Tips if you really wanted to annoy him :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Been scrapping a bit with android auto in the Kodiaq recently...   Works on SWMBO phone but not mine so figured it was the phone or the cars USB socket playing up.  Anyhow finally had a look at both and figured it was the USB C plug on the lead that was to blame.  Nipped it up a bit to get a tighter fit on my phone and all is now well...   I think my phones socket must be a bit worn. 

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

At the risk of sounding cruel and shallow, meet Stacey:

IMG_7514.thumb.jpeg.13824e8c9cdd0ccd02188415cfbf7e9a.jpeg

Stacey is a rescue.  She came to us with her bigger Sister, Stella (it didn't seem right to part them) from a garage sale in Seaford.  She seems amicable and good natured.  Nice, stable outlook and I'm intending this to be her forever home 👍

Gaz

To paraphrase The Bard "'Tiz like a barber's chair that fits all buttocks."

[All's Well that Ends Well' (1603-4) act 2, sc. 2, l.]

Edited by MikeTheThinker
  • Like 1

Gillian Keegan MP,s off the cuff remarks, being reported now on the media.

I listened to a Radio 4 programme on her and it was very revealing.   Her smile / smirk annoys me, but i do respect her gobby retort.

The Tory Deputy Chairman Lee Anderson MP will be very proud.

Name and shame the people that have been kicking the can down the road on the state of school buildings.

The gob sh!tes that think the sun shines out their backside.

She was / is the 5th Secretary of State for Education in 4 months.

http://bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001h3sb

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, @Lee said:

I think people aren't so much angry with her, as she described it, 'choice language'. It's that she seems to think she or her party deserve thanks. 

One thing you can say is, considering she is new to the role, she wasted no time in acting to get the schools affected shut down, which is more than can be said about her predecessors. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This made me smile lots when i heard it on the news.

http://bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-66753478

The Traffic Commissioner must be a certain kind of twit.

It then made sense to me because i had already heard on the radio a comedy sketch about Police Scotland stopping a bus and finding it was fans heading to a pub that does not serve substantial meals.

But they were rugby fans.  A different class of person.

That is the thing that will have knocked the idea on the head, the fans going to the Bowling, Curling, Darts or what ever tournaments and most obviously  Rugby fans who are allowed to get a drunk as skunks if the so wish.

• Like 3

Channel 4 tonight is where England vs Scotland can be seen.  Footers ball.  For me like watching paint dry.

While i was sitting about 40 minutes this morning waiting on my washing getting done,

I had the joy of watching the talent & skill of these guys and the speed they did the markings. 

DSCN3666.JPG

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, toot said:

Channel 4 tonight is where England vs Scotland can be seen.  Footers ball.  For me like watching paint dry.

While i was sitting about 40 minutes this morning waiting on my washing getting done,

I had the joy of watching the talent & skill of these guys and the speed they did the markings. 

DSCN3666.JPG

So football is disliked because it is like watching paint dry but you moment of joy included watching paint...dry???

• Haha 3
  • Groan 1

Funnily enough, the application of road markings caused me great delight a couple of weeks ago as it marked the culmination of eight months of road and pavement works outside my house :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toot said:

You are a serious guy.

It dries very quick, cars drove over it as soon as they moved. So really it was watching them put it down.

akchooally, *pushing up invisible knowledge glasses of pedantry,

it doesnt dry, it sets, as its a thermoplastic polymer. then the reflective dust is scattered on top as soon as its poured which helps accelerate the cooling and setting.

that said watching a skilled crew setting wheelchair spaces and the like is pretty cool :D

• Like 3