Moments of joy in your day today

mender

6 minutes ago, @Lee said:

A moment of joy for someone in Reading today thanks to the quick thinking of a crane driver

https://x.com/Latte_Art_Lover/status/1727666073669861865?s=20 

saw that earlier on tiktok. props to the operator!

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

12 minutes ago, @Lee said:

A moment of joy for someone in Reading today thanks to the quick thinking of a crane driver

https://x.com/Latte_Art_Lover/status/1727666073669861865?s=20 

Thank god for the crane drivers quick actions, well done that man.

• Like 2

A little win - we charged our solar battery in yesterday's sunshine.  Turned everything off (that we could), discharged the battery between 5 and 6:30pm, and our provider payed us £4.40 for the privilege.  Given how low the Sun is at the moment, I thought that was pretty good.

Every little helps.

Gaz

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

My e-bike's fixed 👍 

But I think the bigger joy was getting home into an environment that wasn't bloody freezing 🥶

IMG_8414.thumb.jpeg.08159c47881fe88c4278bd52f3bec4dc.jpeg

I know it's chuffing cold out when even after a good ride, my thighs are still cold.

Gaz

Looks like your ready for a protest march gaz 😁

1 minute ago, Mickvrs220 said:

Looks like your ready for a protest march gaz 😁

Had a big coat and cycling glasses on too.  I can't really protest as Mrs Gaz had a hot cup of coffee ready for me when I got home 👍

Could protest the lack of chocky hobnobs I suppose, but I'm not that brave! :blush

G

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

@Gaz I'm just waiting to read on the news about the fella that held up his local bank and escaped by e-bike! :giggle:

'In a bizarre scene today, a masked robber left the ABC Bank in Eastbourne after yelling 'Keep yer munny, hand over the hobnobs, or the Christmas tree gets it!!' Police are looking for a one armed e-bike bandit with a good taste in chocolate biscuits 😇

Edited by Gaz
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I know it's chuffing cold out when even after a good ride, my thighs are still cold.

Disconnect the battery then, that will give you a proper warm up!!!

The young mother who organises our running group has 3 very young children, all born in quick succession, she has a big heavy powerfull E-bike that she uses to take all 3 of them around, the oldest on the carrier, the other 2 in an enclosed trailer, that too is stupidly heavy but I guess behind an E-bike the weight is not a consideration unless..................

Recently she forgot to charge the battery and had no choice but to use it to pick them up and hope that the remaining charge was enough, she even bought some shopping on the way, it died when she got to them and she had to pedal it the 4km home unassisted, its also very hilly, she said her quadriceps were on fire at the end!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, J.R. said:

Disconnect the battery then, that will give you a proper warm up!!!

Yeah, than can work.  At 418wh, mine's not overly powerful and it's back to UK legal now, so anything above 15.5mph is under my own steam.  Think it's more the freezing damp setting in that knocked any warmth out of me.

15 hours ago, J.R. said:

.. has 3 very young children, all born in quick succession, ...

Triplets? 😁

G

• Haha 1

No, I thought someone might think that so chose my words, not well enough though!

I even changed my wording of quads to quadriceps 😄

Was told to expect two small packages, due to be delivered today by Royal Mail . . . .received with todays post!
Also told that another parcel would be delivered today by Yodel between 1313 and 1513 . . . .arrived on time!  Double whammy as far as Yodel concerned since last night I was give an estimated delivery on Friday.

51 minutes ago, BTandSid said:

Either of them free to do our place, Friday perhaps 😏

No problem, just move anything breakable and for your own sake, don't let her cook - 4 meals in 26 years, it's not her strong suit... 

Oh, and Mrs Cakemonster has ripped the cord out of the mains Dyson, twice, so maybe cordless would be best?

😉

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Cakemonster said:

Mrs Cakemonster has ripped the cord out of the mains Dyson, twice,

Crikey, that attachment point has been engineered to withstand a direct hit from an RPG, she must have tried very hard.

Me I would not be able to tolerate that mess of cables and appliances on the floor, not a single one.

1 hour ago, BTandSid said:

Was told to expect two small packages, due to be delivered today by Royal Mail . . . .received with todays post!
Also told that another parcel would be delivered today by Yodel between 1313 and 1513 . . . .arrived on time!  Double whammy as far as Yodel concerned since last night I was give an estimated delivery on Friday.

I was told today that I would have my compressor delivered between 8:00 and 9:00 this morning by DPD and it was delivered at 8:05, and that was the first time anything had been on time for months. 

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Crikey, that attachment point has been engineered to withstand a direct hit from an RPG, she must have tried very hard.

No, just clumsy AF, and being a swimmer, built like a small outhouse...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cakemonster said:

don't let her cook

Reminds me of a tale of newleyweds when I was in college. The lad came back from the honeymoon break and reported on the first wife-cooked breakfast - burgers and fried eggs.  The eggs weren't too bad, apparently, but he said the burgers were very chewy.  Further investigation uncovered that 'er indoors hadn't realised the plastic dividers between the frozen burgers were not edible ...

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, MikeTheThinker said:

Further investigation uncovered that 'er indoors hadn't realised the plastic dividers between the frozen burgers were not edible ...

i remember being told about friends of my uncle on their 1st christmas after getting married getting an "Oven Ready Turkey".

they " came back downstairs " ( they were very newly wed ;) after about 45mins of cooking to a kitchen in their new house full of smoke.

between them they never thought to remove the plastic wrapper from the turkey, assuming it really meant "oven ready"....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Relatively new (couple of years old?) LED panel in the main office started blinking recently. Has got so bad that I decided it needed to be disconnected today as an interim solution, but wasn't looking forward to getting in amongst the ceiling tiles trying to disconnect mains wiring.

😁 Moment of joy was finding a little inline plug/socket on the low voltage output side of the separate PSU. (Which I may be able to replace/fix later if that turns out to be the problem, wouldn't surprise me at all) 

Should've photographed it while I was up there. 😆

• Like 2

I spent too many working years with my head above suspended ceilings pulling cables, its as hot as hell up there especially when its a predominantly female office where they dress in skimpy clothing and have the heating cranked up.

I still have the 5 metre telescopic fishing pole I used to shoot out across the tiles for pulling the cables.

I much prefer installing the ceilings than working above them.

• Like 1