Moments of joy in your day today

mender

That is an appalling bag of misery!

Can easily see the ****e previous work :(

Cowboys Ted. Cowboys.

glad its sorted properly this time!

Today,

Tradesman called ahead to say he was coming. Plasterer.

Arrived on time.

Has done good job

I'll have more work for him :thumbup:

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 2

1545078949417106875630.thumb.jpg.af849fa9d0f5d51652228202304bde52.jpg1545078884244287574866.thumb.jpg.fff72dbd33c2ab0109880ac80968a2b4.jpgWhen you go to circuit training, and manage to not puke in the assault bike... then at the end your Trainer gives you healthy snacks as its the last pre christmas session :)

Yesterday - 

Getting 4 new radiators fitted inc new TRVs, system refilled and bled and no leaks! In under 3hrs including the system drain to start. 

Proud of that tine frame.

Another morning like that Christmas hols and ill have all the system swapped over :)

today, got pressies mostly sorted out. One left to get tomorrow.

Spending a couple of hours with my parents on the annual Xmas card/presents delivery/collection run and my Dad not lost his DRY sense of humour (wonder who I got it from) saying he had just ordered a new £43,000 Kodiaq Vrs to replace his 6 year old Superb Estate only to say he had decided against spending my INHERITANCE!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Thursday - i got the last radiator changed in the house. All new and trvs fitted now. Just waiting for the chance to do a full system drain and flush the last remaining scale etc out of the pipes (if i can) then refill with inhibitor.... cant wait.

Today, i got the last steps of the walk in wardrobe finished :) except for hanging a mirror on the wall...

can now look towards stripping out the ridiculously big sliderobe IN the bedroom.. anybody want one?

IMAG3074.thumb.jpg.f9609bb152489db5eb61d365fca2d442.jpg

• Like 1

Young lad picked his swimming instructor today... by paddling up to her in the middle of a class and asking her :D

luckily she said yes, shell put his name on the list for herself because she wants to teach "sharkboy" 

(He swims with a "swimfin" float, it looks like a shark fin strapped to his back) how to swim.  He has better chat up lines and abetter success rate than i ever managed!

While sorting the water filter, having spuderick wander into the kitchen and climb under the sink with me to help and ask what every single pipe is and how they are linked and work with genuine interest and i know i could that false back out of the cupboard next week and theres  a 50% chance he'll remember whats what in there.. 

Then try to sell me some chalk for 60quid.. :D the mind of a not quite 4 yr old 

Edited by mac11irl
Another event
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mac11irl said:

climb under the sink with me to help and ask what every single pipe is and how they are linked and work with genuine interest

This just might happen; I know another similar age kid who knows how to jump start a car...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mac11irl said:

having spuderick wander into the kitchen and climb under the sink with me to help and ask what every single pipe is and how they are linked and work with genuine interest and i know i could that false back out of the cupboard next week and theres  a 50% chance he'll remember whats what in there.. 

Then try to sell me some chalk for 60quid.. :D the mind of a not quite 4 yr old 

In a year's time he might be more interested in flowers than pipes but you've got to fill their minds with what they'll take and some of it might stick.

On topic on Sat I had my first game shoot. A mate invited me out as a guest with his syndicate. I shot a lot in my youth but it was full bore and small bore target shooting, plus some rabbits with an air rifle. I'm not much cop with a shotgun.

But got 4 ducks and a pheasant (and no peasants) , I could only honestly claim 2 ducks, the rest were nods from the rest of the syndicate. I was supposed to be a half gun so stuck to my mates side and taking turns with him. But after the first driven shoot the keeper sent me out on my own peg, so he must have thought I at least wasn't a danger to anyone.

Very tiring but good fun. Took two ducks and two pheasant home. Dressed the ducks last night, not the nicest job I've ever done but not too bad. I'll do the pheasants in a few days once they've hung for a bit. I'll be picking out feathers for the next months

Quickly lost any guilt over shooting the ducks when I watched a video on dressing them that showed how they were slaughtered on a farm. I'd rather be shot.

IMG_20190112_194626.thumb.jpg.09f161aaa437d7ca3026e6003421d11a.jpg

Edited by Aspman

29 minutes ago, Aspman said:

In a year's time he might be more interested in flowers than pipes but you've got to fill their minds with what they'll take and some of it might stick.

On topic on Sat I had my first game shoot. A mate invited me out as a guest with his syndicate. I shot a lot in my youth but it was full bore and small bore target shooting, plus some rabbits with an air rifle. I'm not much cop with a shotgun.

But got 4 ducks and a pheasant (and no peasants) , I could only honestly claim 2 ducks, the rest were nods from the rest of the syndicate. I was supposed to be a half gun so stuck to my mates side and taking turns with him. But after the first driven shoot the keeper sent me out on my own peg, so he must have thought I at least wasn't a danger to anyone.

Very tiring but good fun. Took two ducks and two pheasant home. Dressed the ducks last night, not the nicest job I've ever done but not too bad. I'll do the pheasants in a few days once they've hung for a bit. I'll be picking out feathers for the next months

Quickly lost any guilt over shooting the ducks when I watched a video on dressing them that showed how they were slaughtered on a farm. I'd rather be shot.

IMG_20190112_194626.thumb.jpg.09f161aaa437d7ca3026e6003421d11a.jpg

Love a good game pie when on holiday in Cumbria, usually the Keswick area and great walks around Derwent Water and the odd low flying RAF jet for a bit of added excitement.:thumbup:

Shy- don't tell Aspman about the jets now. He'll start thinking of them as larger peasants ( or perhaps PHEASANTS :biggrin:)

• Haha 1

Five in the morning Sailboat got a call  hello great grand. Eldest Brother had given birth.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VWD said:

Five in the morning Sailboat got a call  hello great grand. Eldest Brother had given birth.

Congratulations VWD :)

Should have read "SWIMBO got a call ". Looks like I'll have to fine tune the grammer app on the tablet.

27 minutes ago, VWD said:

Should have read "SWIMBO got a call ". Looks like I'll have to fine tune the grammer app on the tablet.

Dont worry, we wont tell her you called her a yacht ;)

• Like 1