Moments of joy in your day today

mender

I suspect that there's a new theory in the offing .( Something akin to Murphys) . Something that states that the Advisories on an MOT are related to either the proximity of an MOT inspector, or the need of a garage for work.

Weirdest one I had was for a MOT done at the place "!where you can't get ...................." . Nail in rear offside tyre -Dangerous. On inspection, it was a screw in the spare, which had only moved from tyre fitters bench to wheel well. Another one was for the heatshield on exhaust corroded. I did take car to an exhaust place to be told that it was the DOUBLE SKINNED VAG exhaust showing signs of departing. Another one is for "

• Nearside Front brake disc slightly pitted (3.5.1h)
  • Offside Front brake disc slightly pitted (3.5.1h)".
  • This is for MOT  dated Oct 2006, with car registered on road as from Feb 2004. This has been an on-going issue over the life of the car. RAC bloke told me that it's down to non wear at the outside of the front disk, where the pads do not contact.  I regularly check the disk thickness . At present it's at half way between new and replace.

Thank you guys. Arrived at Heathrow to find our flight was cancelled, of course, calling into doubt us getting to the British embassy by Friday. Eva air were amazing and got us on an earlier flight with Qatar. Crisis averted. :clap:

• Like 3

Congrats, Jars. May you enjoy the same happiness through the years as WE HAVE.

• Like 1

Jars- that's four kids, five live grand kids( and one still born) , and on Great grand kid. That's in 48 years of married bliss. Sure we've had our up and downs,Hours spent not talking. But th nice bit is just arguing about who caused th fight and making up. Two folk are always going to argue ,but the diplomacy comes in turning the argument into a love bout. Ar you man ( and is sh woman ) enough to just say "SORRY" and cuddle up. THAT is th secret of a long lasting marriage. Realise that you have entered into a partnership- you will always have differences of opinion, but both have to respect the other's view.

I have lusted after some Wera Joker spanner’s after using a mates set last year. Today the post man delivered a set for me of what supposed to be the first version of them, massively discounted as old stock then used eBay 20% pay day discount on top. 

Opened the package to find the latest version. As sad as I am I can’t wait to use them. I might take something to bits just for the sake of it so I can use them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

"Paws not claws"

Spuderick had his first proper swimming class today, with the girl he selected a few weeks back. Waiting list was potentially months! But she had a slot open up and we got offered it :)

he had a great time, it was my first time seeing him swimming with someone, as im normally the one punting around the pool with him. 2032 for his Olympic qualifying debut.. medals at 2034 world champs and loads of gold in 2036... hell be 21, so just hitting peak performance and be able to Defend his titles in 2040 ;)

I dont have his life planned out at all... :D

No pressure then when he learns to read this extensive LIST of Daddy's lifetime sporting (anticipated) achievements. Thought my Dad was a bit pushy but Spud deserves a medal for just being your SON!:time:

Edited by shyVRS245
MISSING WORD
  • Haha 1

If he decides in 6weeks time or 6months, 3yrs whatever that he doesnt want to do swimming anymore for a while or ever again, in fine with that. He can try out a thousand sports or hobbies and if he dosent like 999 of them, thats fine too.  As long he knows he can try and see, rather than not giving it a go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

If he decides in 6weeks time or 6months, 3yrs whatever that he doesnt want to do swimming anymore for a while or ever again, in fine with that. He can try out a thousand sports or hobbies and if he dosent like 999 of them, thats fine too.  As long he knows he can try and see, rather than not giving it a go.

Encouragement is a good thing because swimming was the only thing at school I was completely rubbish at. If I go out of my depth on holiday I soon panic so wish I had been given proper training at a young age because when I see a young child performing like a dolphin it is one of the few times now that I actually get a tad jealous.:thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robjon said:

That smug feeling you get when you take the lawn mower out of hibernation, fill it with fresh petrol, and it starts on the first pull of the cord. :biggrin:

Cut my lawn with the Flymo (no petrol) last Monday when it 17C degrees, first time in February.:whew:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Unfortunately I got a dog last year, I no longer have anything you could call a lawn :sadsmile:

Saw the neighbour's dog dragging it's behind all over their lawn (poh patch) today trying to get the KLINGON to drop. It seemed to get quite agitated at one point and I nearly threw a toilet roll over the fence but would have been arrested for some football hooligan offence no doubt so just chuckled to myself instead.:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Wish I lived there you lucky BAR STEWARD!:envy:

:giggle: Hehe, a golfer doesn't recognise GLENEAGLES :rofl:

That's where I scored an ACE on the 18th hole back in 79. :nod:

Still the most boring game in the world though, after chess

Edited by xman

21 minutes ago, xman said:

:giggle: Hehe, a golfer doesn't recognise GLENEAGLES :rofl:

That's where I scored an ACE on the 18th hole back in 79. :nod:

Still the most boring game in the world though, after chess

Knew it was Scotland but never played or spectated. Agree about chess, someone must have been very board when they invented that mind numbing effort. Monopoly much more interesting (must be the Landlord in me). Had 2 holes-in one on the same golf course, different par 3's.:bandit: