Octavia mk3 vRS to get minor uplift in power but no 280. R version

mooseepoo

As reported by Autoexpress:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/octavia/90513/skoda-reveals-faster-octavia-vrs-230-for-geneva

Details:

• 226bhp
  • Same engine spec as VW Golf GTI Performance Pack
  • 0-62 - 6.7s

It's unknown at this time if the car will get the upgrades that the GTI Performance Pack has got (Diff / Brakes etc.)

Edited by mooseepoo
  • Like 1

Yawn!

I really think they are missing a trick not fitting the 280bhp engine out of the Golf/Leon...

But then VW wouldn't like that would they as people wouldn't buy the Golf as the Octavia would be cheaper!

Phil

Wasn't quite what I was hoping for admittedly. I would rather it was more special - 280bhp 4x4 ideally. 

Not going to happen as we all know, especially now that the new mk3 Superb is getting a 276bhp turbo with DSG and 4x4,.....

Yawn!

I really think they are missing a trick not fitting the 280bhp engine out of the Golf/Leon...

But then VW wouldn't like that would they as people wouldn't buy the Golf as the Octavia would be cheaper!

Phil

Why would that bother VW? As you say, then engine is already in the cheaper Leon so having it in a cheaper car can't be the reason Skoda aren't using/getting it. Maybe it's actually the Leon that's preventing Skoda getting the engine. Are VAG trying to boost Seat sales by giving them the sweetener instead.

Of course, I could be miles off. I really have no more of an idea than your average Joe.

Its not enough but maybe its a step in the right direction , perhaps if it does well they will do another performance version with more hp

Think I would be very ****ed off if I had ordered a new vRS IN THE LAST FEW DAY!

Wonder, when confirmation of uplift, if Skoda will off buyers a change, at discount, to cancel and reorder for uplifted model

So does this mean a 217bhp and 227bhp running down the production line together now or will the 217 be dropped?

Edited by vrskeith

Hasn't the octavia been behind the seat leon for power for every generation though?

May be true -similar with Ibiza Cupra and Fabia mk2 vRS

Skoda CEO needs to fight his corner, because I would think that Skoda sales outstrip Seats UK and Europe and hence should carry more wait in negotiating parts from the VAG bins.

Guess VW don't want that competition.

The Golf PP with +10PS, bigger brakes and an LSD is a no brainier for £1k, but Octy subtracts the brakes (already standard) for the same money. Let's hope it gets the trick LSD otherwise it will be a complete waste of time.

A grand for 10hp ? Bargain

Admittedly its not what we were hoping for in terms of power and drivetrain but its a little bit more than just 10ps for £1000 more.

The e-diff is a great bit of kit and it gets a more aggressive body kits, interior trim and unique sports seats. Its also shown with the 19" extremes... how much were they as an option on the vrs? Are they standard on this model? The previous special edition seats have been particularly excellent IMO. Looking forward to seeing the estate version. :)

• Like 1