*Positive vRS Thread*- No off topic!

Gumby

Two cracking cross country drives in my Partners vRS MK2 Hatch, last night and his morning around Wiltshire, on roads I don't often frequent.

Very brisk runs on B and C road, Pewsey, Great Bedwyn to Chilton Foliat and back. Tend to forget, at times, how much fun this car is, both in auto mode and flappy paddle.

Good to be reminded.

Bloody crying shame no MK3.

Happy Skoda Chap !

Initially I thought that, but in a way I'm now quite happy there isn't!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I've had the Illness for just over six thousand miles now and she still hasn't missed a beat. My trusted local independant garage love her. I've taken advice from here to change my spark plugs after 20,000 miles,each of the previous ones being a "lovely" colour,along with filters and oil change.I've gone on to yellow stuff front pads with a view to future track days. The addition of a bluespark tuning box set on the middle setting shows a regular forty mph. I remain a very happy vRS owner and look forward to many more miles of fun.

• Like 4

After 18months and just over 10,000miles I'm pleased to report that my car uses no oil and looks better than new now it's wearing 4coats of obsession show wax. Got to admit though I am starting to get that itch to change cars again.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I see that there is a Mk2 Fabia vRS advertised for sale, low miles and it was first registered in July 2015, so a 15 Plate.

What tickled my fancy is it is identical to my all Red vRS which was one of the first and Registered July 2010.

I quite fancy a matching pair of a CAVE and a CTHE.

• Like 3

and green with white wheels looks awesome ! (the colour choice of my first vRs!) 50,000 faultless miles, not a drop of oil used (CAVE)

544760_2597958084219_720083711_n.jpg

Mine look white in the photo but they are silver. Just very very clean [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This has been a cracking read and good to see so many happy vRS owners. I too myself love mine! Yes it drinks a little but it's kept on top of religiously. Engine is looked after the best I can and it gets driven as It should.

Turns heads, gets plenty of good comments & is so much fun when I have chance to get my boot down.

One of the most underestimated cars out there and a real joy to own! 1f1479c7410c7f9313ba996293880aac.jpg

Always love to see your vRS Karl - has to be one of the best examples around!

This picture is absolutely stunning mate :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks buddy. Appreciate the kind words!

Always a pleasure - never a chore matie!

As I said when you were around on Thursday evening; i'll need to dig out my stash of LED modules and get your vRS sorted ASAP! :thumbup:

Always a pleasure - never a chore matie!

As I said when you were around on Thursday evening; i'll need to dig out my stash of LED modules and get your vRS sorted ASAP! [emoji106]

It'll look even better when fitted out with LEDS. They're is only a few that need changing now. All inside is done apart from the boot & the rear lights.

Still need to purchase some white headlamp bulbs too but I think I'll wait on these ones to go first!

• Like 1

It'll look even better when fitted out with LEDS. They're is only a few that need changing now. All inside is done apart from the boot & the rear lights.

Still need to purchase some white headlamp bulbs too but I think I'll wait on these ones to go first!

Cool - i'll have a rummage in the garage and see what I have left in the LED box.

It would be good to review the whole kit - based on the plans around Xmas! :happy:  ;)  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Done just over 1300 miles since owning and has been an absolute blast, I think the best thing I'd have to say about owning one is you don't appear loud and stand out from a mile away (unlike plenty of bright green Mk2 Focus RS's I've smoked ;))

I do travel to and back from Rainham to Ashford every week and I try to challenge myself to get the best fuel economy and the best I've recorded is about 42mpg, which isn't bad! One late evening I spotted a lonely Mk1 vRS on the M20 in the same blue colour in immaculate condition, went past it and gave it a "not bad" look, then proceeded to race it down the motorway until I had to take my exit B)

Also gave it the 'one-click-all-doors unlock' tweak, as well as the beeps, not for unlocking though that got a little annoying quick.

0d4ce813ad.jpg

Edited by Skyl1n3
  • Like 3

Good to see a positive thread about these wonderful cars! I collected mine last week and so far so good, only averaging 30mpg so far though. Not that I mind, it's a damn sight better than the LS400 I had not long ago.

I did want to ask though, I've been using regular unleaded in mine, will this have a negative affect on the car? I have seen most of you say your using 98-99ron fuel but does the car require it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good to see a positive thread about these wonderful cars! I collected mine last week and so far so good, only averaging 30mpg so far though. Not that I mind, it's a damn sight better than the LS400 I had not long ago.

I did want to ask though, I've been using regular unleaded in mine, will this have a negative affect on the car? I have seen most of you say your using 98-99ron fuel but does the car require it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the advice given on here and have run on momentum 99 or shell nitro+ since new.....  I do think its an engine that needs it and you will get the best out if it...

Edited by pkoconnor
  • Like 4