Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

12 minutes ago, Bud said:

Great pics, convince me I have selected the best colour.  Stands out, and sparkles, from the crowd of all the grey carsB)

I've had so many compliments on it from colleagues, people in the street and from forums. 

From different angles in different lights to looks several different colours all at the same time. 

IMG_20160408_124521_zpsvtwv4j1f.jpg

IMG_20161207_105039_zpsnlgldhb3.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, samuir1974 said:

Looking good Mark!!!

Thanks ste. Some random dude in a Audi s3 thought so too as he stopped and chatted to me about the car as he'd never seen one before.

• Like 1

he's mine from other day. It was horrible from all this salt etc and there digging all roads up in my area. So you can imagine and it's come out like new .... some reason can't add more pictures for some reason

IMG_20170218_162910_595.jpg

• Like 2

After my 17 month old had a moment of sickness and vomited all over her car seat and the back seat squab I had some cleaning to do.  At least it meant i got given the time to do it by the OH, and it was well overdue anyway, having not been cleaned and polished inside for over a year.  No pictures i#m afraid, but a lot of hoovering, some spraying with Detol all surface cleaner and brushing, some wet cloth action and a lot of dressle spraying and wiping got the whole inside of the car  like new again.  rather pleased with the dressle, leaves a much better sheen than the autoglym vinyl and rubber care i was using.

I've now ordered a couple of cans of scotchguard....i suspect there will be more vomit or child related mess over the next few years!

On 24/02/2017 at 12:21, martinjell said:

Hi All 

I love cleaning my Race Blue Fabia, its really easy to get a wet look finish. Just keep the paintwork free off fallout and tar, and wash, polish and wax every week or so. I only polish with Poorboys Gaze so dont eat away at the clear coat :) 

skoda.jpg

skoda 2.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VRS TDi CR estate said:

Nice photos mark. I followed you on Queens Road the other week. Not many of those about. Pics good on Albert Promenade too. 

Cheers, I'm surprised at how much attention it gets from passers by asking me what it is 

25 minutes ago, freelunch said:

I've been waiting for a break in the weather to try out my new tub of Bilt Hamber Double-Speed Wax. Today was the day. A good wash, a wipe down with Meguiar's Ultimate Detailing Spray, then a coat of BH (two coats on the bonnet and front end). I'd like to say how it transformed the look, but a couple weeks ago I applied a couple coats of Meguiar's Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax and, to be honest, there isn't much difference. Same wonderful deep wet shine. Nice.

What I did notice, however, was the feel. I ran my finger along the surface before and after application of the BH wax. Amazing difference: like glass. I can understand how water will sheet off this stuff, there's nothing to stick to. I'm looking forward to the next rain!

The other thing that happened: I took a bunch of photos with my rarely used DSLR and for the first time ever the SD card failed. I managed to salvage one shot, and here it is:

Škoda_park72.JPG

Stunning. I will be using double speed wax on my new Superb when it arrives. Hopefully look as good on quartz grey. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tigermad said:

Stunning. I will be using double speed wax on my new Superb when it arrives. Hopefully look as good on quartz grey. 

I'm a big fan of DSW and BH products as a whole to be fair!

On 06/03/2017 at 19:30, freelunch said:

I've been waiting for a break in the weather to try out my new tub of Bilt Hamber Double-Speed Wax. Today was the day. A good wash, a wipe down with Meguiar's Ultimate Detailing Spray, then a coat of BH (two coats on the bonnet and front end). I'd like to say how it transformed the look, but a couple weeks ago I applied a couple coats of Meguiar's Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax and, to be honest, there isn't much difference. Same wonderful deep wet shine. Nice.

What I did notice, however, was the feel. I ran my finger along the surface before and after application of the BH wax. Amazing difference: like glass. I can understand how water will sheet off this stuff, there's nothing to stick to. I'm looking forward to the next rain!

The other thing that happened: I took a bunch of photos with my rarely used DSLR and for the first time ever the SD card failed. I managed to salvage one shot, and here it is:

Škoda_park72.JPG

Looking great - nice work.

BH DSW is a great product for the money..... hard to look past this or FK1000P as a budget wax option.

• Like 1

Car washed yesterday, 8th March, with Autoglym shampoo and polished with Simoniz wax ... Sadly it chucked it down as I was just finishing cleaning the windows and the photos taken today after a drive to the shops and then the Drs surgery ...

I'm really needing to get a good wheel cleaner though as the bog standard stuff just isn't doing the job... Mind you if doesn't help when you pay £40 for a valet and they basically just wash the wheels, that's 2 firms have done it now... Need to dig out my metal polish too to see if it'll shift the tarnish off the exhaust tips.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, labman1001 said:

Need to dig out my metal polish too to see if it'll shift the tarnish off the exhaust tips.

My Brera's exhaust tips were in a similar state when I bought it. I used a dishwashing soap-filled steel wool scouring pad (don't know the brand). It worked a treat! Then I used some Brasso and polished them up. I know this is not sanctified uber detailing, but I found what I needed in the kitchen cupboard.

Hi Freelunch, it's one of they plastic aluminised kitchen pads I used last summer to clean it up with a dab of metal polish and they came up a treat, as you say maybe not the approved detailers way of doing it but if it works that's the main thing .... However when in the garage yesterday I found everything except the metal polish ... Considering I can barely get the side door open to get in the garage I'm surprised I found all the buckets along with the shampoo and wax.. My lamswool mitt I keep in the house for some weird reason.

So the golf got its last ever wash and wax before the new owner collected it last week

002_zps2bhb4edl.jpg

003_zpsvdhtzlsc.jpg

Of course i had to give the Abarth a clean this weekend and decided to fit my new graphics (just to make it stand out a bit)

009_zpsfv3gskeg.jpg

• Like 3