Black with coloured details - the new "In" colour

In the same way that white went through a period of being the new best thing, it looks like black cars with coloured details are in fashion.

In the last week or so, I've seen a Fiesta

ford_fiesta_red_black.jpg

Renault Captur

2013-11-18_12.02.27.png

Nissan Juke

2015_nissan_juke_rbrcosmic_blue_in_baton

And I saw some kind of large Mini in a similar colour scheme. Nothing stays original or unique for long, though they do look good.

They only look okay in the showroom. Move them near any sort of 'dust' and they'll look pants.

You can't beat silver for not showing the dirt - shame swmbo hates that colour with a passion though!

+1

My first car was black, it was an absolute a r s e to keep clean, like you say, dust, the smallest splatter of mud, and it looked dirty.

My current car is blue and that is much better to 'keep clean', it looks cleaner for longer.

I'm sure in a couple of years time there will be an awful lot of white cars for sale!

Having to do some amateur detailing at work today, a black Porsche Panamera, black q5, a black RR vogue autobiography, lovely cars but such a nightmare to keep clean.

At least it's a nice day :)

JRJG

Saw a Juke at the weekend, custard yellow with metallic burgundy 'highlights'.

****ing horrible it was. I didn't know you could actually order something so minging deliberately.

It was a close doing a literal "lipstick on a pig" as I'm ever likely to see.

• Like 1

Nothing new under the sun

Think Golf MkI GTI - most seemed to be black or navy with the bits of red trim.

JPS.lol.loved that F1 car...

They did a Lotus Elise in it too.Black and gold.Would kill for one of those.....guessing it was the type 77.Off for a google......

Thing I've noticed more and more over the last 5-10 years is that manufacturers are paying more and more attention to the modding scenes and noticed that there is genuinely a good market for this and a lot of the mods people have done to their cars over the previous models they are starting to introduce to the newer models as a standard fit to make the cars appear more appealing.

I bet it won't be long before the VRs' start coming with larger inter oilers and wide mouth bumpers

Edited by Mikek3111

In the same way that white went through a period of being the new best thing, it looks like black cars with coloured details are in fashion.

In the last week or so, I've seen a Fiesta

ford_fiesta_red_black.jpg

Renault Captur

2013-11-18_12.02.27.png

Nissan Juke

2015_nissan_juke_rbrcosmic_blue_in_baton

And I saw some kind of large Mini in a similar colour scheme. Nothing stays original or unique for long, though they do look good.

Saw a black Clio sport with half reddened alloys yesterday..................ahem......cough..................it looked a right tarts handbag. :peek: :x:D

• 4 months later...

Seems to be more like any colour with any coloured highlights.

Saw a Juke in white with orange highlights and some Citroen in purple and orange, Both utterly hideous.

Jukes and Minis seem to attract some really bad combinations.

I saw a pale blue mk3 Fabia with white detailing. Looked really bad.

I think certain colour highlights work well though.

I've seen the Clio with red highlights on the wheels too. On the move it just looks pink, so really doesn't work

They only look okay in the showroom. Move them near any sort of 'dust' and they'll look pants.

You can't beat silver for not showing the dirt - shame swmbo hates that colour with a passion though!

Silver was very popular not that long ago. I think it's common as muck personally. Top 3 hated colours: White, Silver, Black. And the best colour for hiding dirt is VW Mineral grey.

Saw a 4 Series BMW today in Leicester. Black with loads of orange trim all over. Looked absolutely atrocious. I thought the owner did it...not so sure. Either way, it looked gash.

I agree, when I saw the first few pictures, I thought that the owner had bought a tin of red paint, and couldn't resist 'what else can I paint'

Not for me, I'm afraid.