Leaders Debate

gadgetman

I think the polls following the debate will reflect their absence.  Who ever advised them will be looking for a new job on 8th of May IMO

Clegg wanted to attend all of the debates but the format we ended up with was the only one the Tories would agree to. I'm sure the Libdems will suffer massively at this election but at least Clegg has the balls to stand up for himself and his parties decisions.

Just watched some of the highlights, and like the last one, I don't think it will change anyone's opinions of Fromage.
His existing supporters think he was brilliant, "standing up for the ordinary working man" etc, and everyone else thinks he's a ****.

• Like 1

Just watched some of the highlights, and like the last one, I don't think it will change anyone's opinions of Fromage.

His existing supporters think he was brilliant, "standing up for the ordinary working man" etc, and everyone else thinks he's a ****.

I won't be voting for his party but I did expect Farage to do much better at these debates than he has.

Sturgeon is a top performer whether you like her policies or not. Ed Milliband has started to look a lot stronger in the last few weeks, especially with Cameron not even bothering to turn up last night.

• Like 1

Cameron was being harangued by a small audience in Yorkshire at the time, and every time he got a hard question his aides were making a cut throat gesture to move on rapidly to something else

Thought Milliband came across quite poorly last night, avoiding questions and getting personal - certainly nowhere near as convincing as the likes of Nicola Sturgeon but far better than Plaid Cymru (sorry can't remember the l;adies name...).

Having said that they're all politicians so avoiding the issue and specific question asked is par for the course!  :D

Farage only appears to know how to do one style of public speaking where he... keeps... nodding... his... head... with every point he tries to make.

OK we get the point,you do not like Farage!.

I joined the SNP after the Referendum.  

Nicola Sturgeon MSP & First Minister of Scotland is just having a laugh IMO.

She on behalf of the SNP can not say and will not say what she wants, 

obviously the SNP wants more Westminster MP's,  but SNP members hardly want the SNP Supporting the Labour party or the Conservative and Unionists.

One thing is for sure, and that is Alec Salmond MSP should have resigned his seat before standing for Westminster.

His greed is astounding and rather pathetic.

As much as i also want the SNP to get as many seats in Westminster i hope the Ex SNP Leader does not get one.

Just another Snout in the Trough career Politician IMHO.

Even giving earning to Charities he likes living the high life on Expenses & Public Funds.

• Like 1

The disgrace is taking a MSP's position,

going around flogging his book, taking the trips to the US.

He has already done the being in Westminster while also in Holyrood thing.

Giving to Charity is very good,  but the Tax Payers are giving the Money to him to give back to us,

we could have an actual Working Member of the Scottish Parliament serving the Constituency, rather then ' AS Superstar'.

Can anyone please tell me why I burst into spontaneous laughter, when Millibrand starts talking?

Ah ha. You and I suffer from the same condition. "Debate me"...........reminded me of Mrs Merton...."let's all have a heated debate".

God save us all from these incompetents.......and I'm an atheist!

I could honestly see a lab/SNP coalition with Nicola Sturgeon as PM. Milliband isn't pm material.

Just what the SNP would have to give up in return we'll have to see.

She'd be much like Thatcher and Merkel.

Might make Scottish independence rather difficult , not that I could ever see that happening

Slightly OT, but did anyone see the TV program NEWZOIDS ,especially the political sketches and the SNP one with Nicola and wee Eck.

• Like 1

Slightly OT, but did anyone see the TV program NEWZOIDS ,especially the political sketches and the SNP one with Nicola and wee Eck.

Saw the whole programme & VERY FUNNY!!................. :D

Sod the English.sod the English...................

How the hell did they get away with that!!..............trouble is it is too TRUE!!!............. :sweat:

• Like 1

Well a choice has been made,

I will be voting after all this time,

The lucky party is the Tory party,

Much as I detest all political figures on varying levels from very low to very high I feel the alternatives are worse than having another 5 years of DC, I actually don't mind DC it's GO that bothers me amongst others,

Hopefully it won't be a Con/???? party this time, for the Cons to get my vote I want them to get the job done asap and I feel the putrid Liberal Demonstration Party has helped prolong a recession that might have been over by now "but for them meddling kids" and that is my motive to vote and to vote Tory even though I don't really want to,

Labour, no one home right now, id crisis within and every time in my lifetime they've managed to bankrupt us

Lib Dem, I don't mind NC but how can anyone run a party full of fence sitting critics

UKiP, I like NF but my gut says this is a Tory insurance policy aimed at those that don't normally vote or not normally Tory so it could end up the Tory/KiP co government this time which will infact mean it's 2 doses of Tory politics anyway, if there has to be a split government this is the one I'd rather see, UKiP won't win on their own and they aren't equiped to run 100 metres right now when you look at the candidate list which for me has too many "he'll do" cllrs in it rather than whole picture people who will act responsibly,

Only sensible replies will be responded to and please nobody start quoting me from pages ago as this is my opinion right now and I'll simply ignore you if you try to provoke me, and that isn't aimed at an individual or anyone in particular, objective replies may be replied to but don't be offended if they aren't as I've had a deep breath thing today and called myself a Time Out. :thumbup:

Edited by Supurbia

Whatever anyone votes, I always find more respect for that person if they make a decision on the situation as they see it. As opposed to people who state "My dad, grand dad, great grand dad etc. always voted for party X and so will I". Without giving a thought to whether party X actually suits their needs. There is a caveat to this though, having made that decision please don't try to convert me to that view, I'll make my own mind up. (and no Supurbia that isn't aimed at you, yet.........)

Edited by P6bJOHN
  • Like 2

Whatever anyone votes, I always find more respect for that person if they make a decision on the situation as they see it. As opposed to people who state "My dad, grand dad, great grand dad etc. always voted for party X and so will I". Without giving a thought to whether party X actually suits their needs. There is a caveat to this though, having made that decision please don't try to convert me to that view, I'll make my own mind up. (and no Supurbia that isn't aimed at you, yet.........)

There is the different.  One party's members vote for their needs, the other major party vote for other's needs.  It called conserving or social-ism.

Real heavy handed big brother tactics used to discredit and silence Farage  i.e. a  centralised debate where the audience is chosen by a political canvassing contractor (Working for the media), and where, of course,  Dave and Nick are out of the way on this occasion, so they can't be associated in the minds of the plebes with the stabbing of  the putative Caesar. 

With all those middle class vested interests involved to one end i.e. the ones who have done best from the last 15 years of mass economic disruption, how can it go wrong ?

Trouble is what Farage says about excess immigration is spot on - just look at the figures that the BBC (Of all people) have been quoting.

But, unfortunately, he won't make anything out of punting that line politically, cause the cities are now stuffed full of recent immigrants (To the exclusion of virtually everybody else) due to, what in effect has been, ethnic cleansing and consequential national electoral gerrymandering on an unprecedented scale over the last 20 years - coutesy of global capitalism and their agents, unwitting or otherwise, the two major parties.  I would suspect that, amongst recent immigrants, a large number of those eligible to vote will either be instructed by their gangmasters/business owners (Who arrived with the earlier wave of immigration under Labour) how to vote (We've seen massive examples of this in the last election)  or will vote to maintain their current status and livelihoods - wouldn't you if the alternative was returning to Syria, Libya,  Somalia or Bangladesh . So the connurbations are Labour's already, by virtue of 20 years of gerrymandering at the national level. Both the major parties have done the global capitalists work for them,

In my area, which is now, even on official figures, 60% immigrant, I don't think UKIP have even put up a candidate.

Farage's audience is largely in the run-down bits of the shires and he'll just be preaching to the converted out there - or at least disaffected Tories. So its a self limiting exercise, which in the end will only be of  use to the Tories in the event of no one party getting an absolute majority.

Shame really, behind all the stuff that's portrayed as crypto fascist/racist in UKIP (And there might be an odd element of truth in that, just as there has been with other revelations this week) there is a genuine point about over population of this country which unfortunately is being suppressed by the global capitalist types and their followers (Including the mass media)  who have demonstrated over the last 20 years that all their only  interest in the UK, is using it as  some desolate, corrupt, wasteland, off-shore economic appendage zone to Europe, where they can exploit labour, make excessive profits, jump-on already rolling intenational bandwagons involving reckless financial speculation and avoid paying a farthing to the general up-keep of the country to the long-term detriment of the interests of the mass of ordinary people and their communities.

As the religious and spiritual leaders have been saying ad nauseum, the focus of life in the UK has been exclusively materialistic over the last 35 years, perhaps the focus needs changing to one that is a bit more community orientated. And for those that don't like that proposition . . . go west young man.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick
  • Like 2

I think we'd all notice 300,000 new arrivals each year surely.

This is what I was trying to tell you about regarding having seen rather than having heard, what Clunk just posted is a very true account of things on all points,

I live in an area where migration has had a devistating effect, my earnings are down 70% compared to when I first joined this site in 2007, reason? try 800 migrants that have become cabbies, but that's not the end of it, try 800 20 hours a day 7 days a week cabbies, you simply cannot compete, and whose at the helm? a greedy Englishman, constant advertising in Hungary, Cz, Slovenia, Romainia, Bulgaria and more promising wages of £1000 pw to them, they get here and find it's more like £500pw for 100 hours a week and more and he then takes £350 of it off of them for rent,training and housing, an absolute profittering disgrace of a man, now multiply him by the amount of carbon copies of him across the country, modern day slavery,

Now look at the crime wave, you'll need to dig for it because the figures are also suppressed, I've seen this first hand as well, someone who had they been British would've got the full force handed to them but others get the benefit of the doubt,

It's very easy to live somewhere where things haven't changed and think everything is ok, I used to have a bit of a 2&8 in the pub some years ago with an ex London boy, he hated Asians for a better word, I used to say to him  do you need to be that hateful about them they aren't all bad, what I didn't know is his family was the victim of Asian crime, he'd also been forced out of his birthplace as the numbers swung from one race to the other, when I look back on it now seeing what is happening I can understand why he felt so bitter, but you have to be amongst it to understand it,

Now perhaps you can see why I don't have a lot of time for anyone, I'm watching 35 years of planning for a retirement plan come undone infront of my eyes, I'm not pleased about it and I don't think anyone else would be either if they were truthful about it, they will arrive to you eventually if they haven't already, another 2&8 I used to have on a forum with a "lefty" man who thought he knew more about cabbing than me has now changed his tune so much he's unrecognisable now all that he slammed me for has moved into his city and done the damage and it's biting his pocket now, amazing what 4 years can do to an opinion isn't it,

There's such a thing as being allowed to point out the obvious, not everybody subscribes to the kill them routine in life same as not everybody feels the need to go along with everyone else and imagine it isn't happening, Clunk mentions the media employed audience, happens every time, look back to the Nick Griffin BBC Question Time audience, last time I saw that many black people in one room the West Indies were playing Pakistan at cricket, the next day it was reported that NG had a new hole torn for him, as someone who watched it I didn't notice this hole, I saw Jack Straw receive one, I saw Chris "I've disgraced myself" Hulme stay relatively quiet, the right on Yank woman (whose presence I didn't understand anyway) and Baroness Warsi, all I saw of NG was a man who'd answer the question and then get ganged up on because the answer didn't fit the stereotypical one they wanted to hear, which is probably what inspired the UKiP slogan "they only smear you when they fear you",

I'm still voting Tory btw, there's a larger picture to look at imo, hopefully the next government will sort out this mess once and for all, I welcome a migrant who has something good to offer and wants to integrate, I don't welcome other countries unemployable or criminals who seek to turn the UK into the hole they escaped from though, I have no issues with those coming from the EU countries but I do think it's time the next safe country thing was adheard to regarding asylum,

This isn't a dig post either, it's to hopefully get you to see a bit more about the real world some of us have to wade through, some of us are simply saying how it really is, ignore this if you like but be assured you will be getting a taste in the future one way or another, our first wave migrants are getting restless now the money has gone from my city and looking at branching out to find another gold pot to soak up elsewhere, look forwards to undercut everwhere and your high street turn into a run down road where hoods roam and nobody speaks English.

Edited by Supurbia
  • Like 1