Octavia build dates for new orders

Not really done much yet, been on holiday since I got it. Dipping passenger mirror works that's for sure.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not really done much yet, been on holiday since I got it. Dipping passenger mirror works that's for sure.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Cool from what I read on here the dip isn't enough to make it worthwhile as it doesn't go down far enough?

My SE was ordered on 24 April, arrived at the dealer today or yesterday and should be delivered on Thursday or Friday, so 15 weeks from order to delivery. Original estimate was for 12-14 weeks.

Edited by Rodge
  • Like 1

Ordered may 27th car arrived in dealers in Dublin today, went round for a look today, unfortunately unable to collect until Friday 7th due to work commitments killer blow for me, vrs combi xtremes, canton etc

• Like 4

It looks like all you cars made it to dealers this week and mine got left on the docks as there was no more room on the boat :(

I had been quoted first week of September delivery but somehow got an earlier slot, just annoyed it only arrived at the dealers yesterday as it was too close to the weekend to get organised.

• Like 1

Bit of an update on my build. Ordered on 13th June and, after nagging Skoda, I learned hat it landed in the UK today and should be with my dealer within ten days. Super!

I think I may hate you!! (Joke) I've still got a 2 month wait and I order a week before you!!

• Like 1

As I say, I am that nightmare nagging and persistent customer....don't know if that has anything to do with it, or they are just efficient and I have been lucky....saying that, it's not at dealers yet..........

oh god.......oh god.....oh.god!!

Excited (ok maybe I need to get out more)............got an update from Skoda UK

attachicon.gifskoda update.png

Awesome news mate!  See!  That has got me thinking...wonder if mine came over on the same boat?

What info do you need to give Skoda UK to get an update from them.  Have only been speaking to the dealer?

Edited by RobbySpurs

Your order number, dealership name and your contact number and number - you can do it though Facebook and generally they reply back very quickly!

Could be on the same boat.......twins......or something like that.

Bit of detective work, but the Elbe Highway left Emden recently and arrived at Sheerness....so here is hoping!

They better get it off the boat carefully!

So you will have my reg dilema by the looks of things?

• Like 1

Bit of detective work, but the Elbe Highway left Emden recently and arrived at Sheerness....so here is hoping!

They better get it off the boat carefully!

So you will have my reg dilema by the looks of things?

Possibly, though I said when I order the car I wanted a 65 plate. I'm not actually interested in the plate as such as I've my private plate to go on it. More the difference in value come resale/px.

My MK2FL I got caught out, as after 1 day of ownership it was a year old as registered at the end of the year.

Saying that it's always nice to have the new registration!

Just wondering what peoples experiences are of the build date to actual delivery dates? are Skoda generally pretty accurate? I have a build date w/c 7th September and need the car by the 24th. The leasing company said it might be tight as it can take up to a month. Ordered the car 12th June so to 7th Sept that's 12 weeks which seems pretty long to me, and a bit tight to only be building it in Sept?! 

Just wondering what peoples experiences are of the build date to actual delivery dates? are Skoda generally pretty accurate? I have a build date w/c 7th September and need the car by the 24th. The leasing company said it might be tight as it can take up to a month. Ordered the car 12th June so to 7th Sept that's 12 weeks which seems pretty long to me, and a bit tight to only be building it in Sept?! 

Mine was order on 7th June and it would seem it's confirmed by Skoda UK that the car is now in the UK and awaiting delivery to the dealership. Which at the moment is a fair bit ahead of the original build week of 37which is the same as yours.

You could try contacting Skoda UK for an update. Though I'm not sure how it works with Lease cars.

When are you due to pick up the car? After September for a 65 plate?

No delivery date given yet, as they are waiting for the slot date to the dealership, but have been allocated a registration number.

At the moment it's September collection.......better than the original end of October!

• Like 1

Heard back from my dealer today who has told me there has been notification of it leaving Sheerness yet :( Have been told that if it's still there by next Tuesday he will call up and inquire as it would have been sitting around at the port for around a week by then. So no idea really when I'm expecting to get mine. I told the dealer I wasn't fussed about the plate either. Just out of curiosity, why have some people contacted Skoda UK instead of just asking the dealer?

M12 that's interesting that yours is so early. I bet the lease company didn't put the order through for a week or something but still doesn't explain why it's so late. I haven't got a date of collection yet, all we have been told is the build date w/c 7th. obviously if this late then it's pushing it back further and having an existing lease car I'm not keen on these dates as i'll probably get given some tiny car to have for a few weeks