Octavia build dates for new orders

Should have checked insurance before I started, it's gone up by £2 a month. Even though I'm old I still get a heart flutter when they tell me the price down the phone, like when I'm buying beer in the supermarket with no ID on me :)

• Like 1

Contacted my broker today, car ordered 29th Jan, been given a build date of w/c 4th April, with delivery to the UK dealer later that month. Apparently there has been a slight delay due to the demand.
Roll on 6 weeks!!!

Got mine today. Ordered on 18th Jan. Shall be taking it to the UK on a road trip shortly.

Edited by lulzyboy

Got a video of mine coming off the transporter at the dealers this morning, pick up Friday, ordered 29th January so 7 weeks from order to delivery, a lot less than the initial 12-16 weeks.

Just got word from my dealer that the Scout was built last friday. I really have to drag the information from him to be updated on progress. It was ordered late January and I have gotten no updates until I called him today.

The spec is something like this:

TDI 184ps 4x4

DSG

Race blue

Nivalis 17" rims for summer wheels

Crystal 17" rims with Continental studded for winter

Driver assistance pack (Lane assist and front assist)

Tow bar

Webasto heater

Electric seat and mirrors

Smart link

Smart gate

Amundsen

Black alcantara

Xenon's

Off road driving mode selector

Spare wheel

Sunset

ACC

Canton

Electric boot

...and some stuff that is standard for Sweden spec, like heated seats front and rear.

Hopefully it won't take more than a couple of weeks before I can collect it. Really hate our current car...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Picking up mine on Wednesday.

Eight and a half weeks from order to collection - a lot better than the 12 to 16 weeks originally quoted.

vRS TDi Hatch DSG Meteor Grey with Black Pack & Spare Wheel

Time to de lurk. Ordered my VRS Tdi on the 21st January. Delivery expected mid March. Quartz grey and added winter pack, sunshine roof, smartlink.

It will replace my Yeti L&K. Basically the garage has done a deal that means I get a new car, and it costs less per month than the old one! If anyone ask me how I feel about VW emission problems....my answer was they looked after me.

Updates and pictures as soon as possible, followed by a trip to a VCDS magician.

Update: Had the email from Skoda UK, and the call from the dealer today to confirm my car has arrived in the UK. They are estimating delivery to the dealer in about a week. Only hope that the bank holidays don't delay it further. Edited by privatepit

I'm now being told maybe middle of next week at the dealer, which is a bit annoying as Skoda CS told me it was now priority and should be there today or tomorrow! Oh well I've waited this long...

This is so frustrating! My car arrived at Grimsby on 7th March and is still there waiting for enough cars to be built to fill a lorry that can then come to my area. Probably another week to wait they said this morning, so after Easter.

Sad face.

This is so frustrating! My car arrived at Grimsby on 7th March and is still there waiting for enough cars to be built to fill a lorry that can then come to my area. Probably another week to wait they said this morning, so after Easter.

Sad face.

It's very frustrating and I can empathise with you. Mine was at the UK port for 13 days. The port (as the crow flies) is about 20 miles away from my home across the Thames, 70 miles by road. Fortunately I am picking mine up on Wednesday.

The wait is almost over - picking mine up tomorrow at 10.00 !

As an aside if you think the wait for your Skoda is long, I ordered a new radio controlled racing yacht from Croatia in October of last year

and it has been sent in the last week but has been stuck in Milan for 3+ days due to some industrial action.

Mind you like my new vRS it will be worth it when it arrives.

As an aside if you think the wait for your Skoda is long, I ordered a new radio controlled racing yacht from Croatia in October of last year

and it has been sent in the last week but has been stuck in Milan for 3+ days due to some industrial action.

Did you specify the black pack and sunroof on the yacht?  :D

Ironic isn't it - cars get delayed coming by sea whilst yachts get delayed coming by land/air!  :p

• Like 1

I put in an order on PCH for a 4x4 vrs on Feb 24th and I have been told it's planned for bw18 with delivery for early June,it feels like it's a long wait compared to others but I can't wait! Beats waiting about 7 months for the GTD.

• Like 1

Well I thought I might come out of the shadows and post.

I finally took the plunge and ordered a VRS estate in race blue on 10th March. Got told by the dealer straight away that it being built in BW19 (9th May). I can't wait. Reading this topic it looks quite hit and miss on delivery times. I hope I'm a lucky one and it's done early. Knowing my luck though it's going to be late!!!!!

I put in an order on PCH for a 4x4 vrs on Feb 24th and I have been told it's planned for bw18 with delivery for early June,it feels like it's a long wait compared to others but I can't wait! Beats waiting about 7 months for the GTD.

Ordered my 4x4 vRS estate 11th March, just had call back from Skoda CS to say BW17 (w/c 18th April). Should it really take as long as you've been quoted for delivery after that? 4/5 weeks?  :o  

Edit: just realised week 17 is w/c 25th April according to my calendar, unless build weeks differ from calendar weeks?! Seems like Skoda CS rep may have been confused... :notme:

Edited by skodaphile

I'm from Norway and ordered my new Octavia Hatch 1,8 TSI DSG 4x4 L&K, in Moon White, with ALL factory options exept sunroof and kessy jan 26th.

It was built feb 24th, and came to my dealer yesterday (march 22th.)

Now I have to wait another week because of the easter holidays :no:

But only 8 weeks from order to delivery is pretty quick!

I was expecting 12 - 14 weeks

Edited by norsko
  • Like 1