Octavia build dates for new orders

I ordered my VRS TDI ESTATE on the 25/3/16 the dealer said its on week 14 now and will be built on week 19 then 4 weeks delivery been told by the dealer that is should be here around 31/7/16 don't really get the whole week build thing :|  

a week 19 build/week 23 delivery would mean you'd be looking at mid June not the end of July!

Got an email form my dealer yesterday, build date brought forward a week... :)

Week 16 build, mid May delivery.. That's a whole month quicker than I was originally told

Got an email form my dealer yesterday, build date brought forward a week... :)

Week 16 build, mid May delivery.. That's a whole month quicker than I was originally told

When did you place your order???

Just to keep your spirits up, I ordered on the 17th of Jan (week 3), told it could be from 12 weeks onwards. Given initial build week of week 9 which reduced to week 8. Car arrived at dealer the Wednesday of week 10 (March 9th) and I took delivery the following Thursday (week 11). All in from order to delivery was 7 weeks almost to the day plus a week to pick it up. This was a VRS TSI Hatch. Good luck guys!!

Edited by ExSEAT

When did you place your order???

Order placed on 15th March... Was initially told Mid June, but, always thought it would be quicker tbh

Delighted that has turned out to be true. Dealer is fitting a dog guard and plastic boot tray for me on arrival.

Have H&R springs to go on also, so looking forward to it

Dealer is Henrys Skoda in Glasgow

Order placed on 15th March... Was initially told Mid June, but, always thought it would be quicker tbh

Delighted that has turned out to be true. Dealer is fitting a dog guard and plastic boot tray for me on arrival.

I ordered 13th March with initial build date of BW 19. That has now come forward to BW18. Hopefully my Dealer with give me good news Friday on my fort nightly update Edited by MR99VXR

I ordered 13th March with initial build date of BW 19. That has now come forward to BW18. Hopefully my Dealer with give me good news Friday on my fort nightly update

My vRS was ordered on the 16th, with any luck my build week could come forward another week or 2 from BW18. That's 2 weeks less sharing SWMBO's '03 Golf!!

Emailed my dealer today and had an email back saying it was built on the same days as yours :) (2 days ago) I ordered mid Feb but added to my order at the end of feb so this pushed the build week back from 13 to 14.

Lets us know when yours is on the ship as my dealer only gives me info if I hound him  :D

Hi,

Update on my VRS Estate week 14 build...

Ordered 27th Feb and arrived in UK port yesterday. Spoke to dealer today who has not got the DVLA details yet but should be tomorrow so should have it end of this week :)

• Like 1

Hi,

Update on my VRS Estate week 14 build...

Ordered 27th Feb and arrived in UK port yesterday. Spoke to dealer today who has not got the DVLA details yet but should be tomorrow so should have it end of this week :)

Hi dean, do you know if your car was actually built in week 14? Mine was so this could mean I may be getting it earlier but I thought it took at least 3 weeks to ship over to here.

cheers  

Hi dean, do you know if your car was actually built in week 14? Mine was so this could mean I may be getting it earlier but I thought it took at least 3 weeks to ship over to here.

cheers  

Hi,

Yes it was built in week 14. I was really surprised it got here so quick as like you I thought it would spend some time in Germany then on a ship before getting here. Even my dealer was surprised.

I will have more detail tomorrow and will keep you posted

• Like 1

Hi,

Yes it was built in week 14. I was really surprised it got here so quick as like you I thought it would spend some time in Germany then on a ship before getting here. Even my dealer was surprised.

I will have more detail tomorrow and will keep you posted

Hopefully there will be good news for all of us!

I will chase my dealer up again today for an update.

Hi there all. I placed an order, through a broker, 03/03/2016. All I have been told is that it would take 12/14 weeks. Late may or June. Anyone order around that time and know any more than that?

Octavia Scout 150 with a few options. Many thanks.

Hi there all. I placed an order, through a broker, 03/03/2016. All I have been told is that it would take 12/14 weeks. Late may or June. Anyone order around that time and know any more than that?

Octavia Scout 150 with a few options. Many thanks.

I ordered same date, gets built this week(week 15)! However, I ordered via a broker originally on 3/12/15, and it never got built! It wasn't until it was about time to expect a call to say it's ready did they care to tell me! Hence, I took my business elsewhere!

I just had an update from the dealer. 

Car is built waiting at the docks in Germany for a ship (he did say this could take two weeks), then could be a further two weeks to dealer.

Ordered 22nd Feb, build week 14. 

I ordered same date, gets built this week(week 15)! However, I ordered via a broker originally on 3/12/15, and it never got built! It wasn't until it was about time to expect a call to say it's ready did they care to tell me! Hence, I took my business elsewhere!

Please tell me it was not "New Car Discount" who let you down. :x  What was it you have ordered? Thanks for the reply.

Mine was build week 9. Was at Emsden March 22nd. Uk 1st April. Finally picking it up this Friday the 15th (felt like a long final 2 weeks wait)

Took a pre-existing build, so my desired smartlink addon had to be done at the dealers, which I was assured multiple times would be done before collection. Got a call today from the dealer saying it won't be done for collection day - he didn't know there was a 2 week wait between him getting the car VIN and requesting it, and getting the code back for activation. Grr...

Please tell me it was not "New Car Discount" who let you down. :x  What was it you have ordered? Thanks for the reply.

Rest assured it wasn't! Basically the brokers price was not honoured therefore deal was pulled, and I was not told!! Anyway, it is a 230 I ordered and have subsequently ordered again.

Hopefully there will be good news for all of us!

I will chase my dealer up again today for an update.

Hi,

Been into the dealer today and finished all the paperwork. Unfortunately it is still in sheerness but i now have a pick up day of Friday next week.

Hi,

Been into the dealer today and finished all the paperwork. Unfortunately it is still in sheerness but i now have a pick up day of Friday next week.

That's good news, just over a week to wait!

Mine is still in Emden waiting for a ship, so hopefully it will also arrive soon.

I ordered my Vrs on Jan 18th, collected March 16th.

Quartz Grey Combi, xtreme alloys, kessy, full leather, chrome package, sunset glass, panoramic roof.

Hopefully pics show!

26397c0.jpg

30t52eu.jpg

• Like 1

So mine has now been built, transported over and now just waiting for delivery to the dealer. Dealer reckons they will get in end of next week so they hope to hand it over to me a week on Wednesday. I ordered it end of February.