What about the things that annoy you?

Personally I would prefer it if they made the bonnet out of aluminium like on the Subaru outback gen 4. That is soooo light yo can lift it with your pinky.

And accidently leave a dent in it when you forget it is made out of tinfoil and try to look cool sliding across the bonnet.

*this definitely did not happen on my 3.0R spec b ;)

• Like 2

I added a wire clip to my plastic funnel in such a way that when the funnel is in the washer filler neck the clip goes around the bonnet support strut.

Stops the funnel wandering about while I'm pouring in the refill!

• Like 1

I added a wire clip to my plastic funnel in such a way that when the funnel is in the washer filler neck the clip goes around the bonnet support strut.

Stops the funnel wandering about while I'm pouring in the refill!

Simply clever!
  • Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but speedo calibration of 20/40/60/80 mph is not helpful when UK speed limits are often 30/50/70 ...

I was trying to remember things that irked me about my previous Yeti when i started to look at Skodas again. There were actually very few but i'd forgotten about this one. Trivial but it's not the greatest bit of "design".

Now on Octy Mk3 no.2, The main thing that annoys me are the crap tyres fitted to the vRS's.

My first had Contisport's, I thought they weren't great, but the Bridgestone's fitted to this one are even worse. Traction at pull away is bad in the dry, and awful in the damp.

I suppose I should be grateful the cornering once on the move is at least OK :p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gear lever leather finish is wearing badly. Gearknob looks several years old...not good on a 22 month old car with less than 30k miles on the clock.

Id get it changed but it'll only do it again.

• Like 3

Gear lever leather finish is wearing badly. Gearknob looks several years old...not good on a 22 month old car with less than 30k miles on the clock.

That's annoying. Last car had a plastic gearknob which wore very badly, was hoping this one would be better.

That's annoying. Last car had a plastic gearknob which wore very badly, was hoping this one would be better.

Mine still looks as good as new after 43k miles.

At last if I have to say what annoys me. It's the warning triangle that comes on for none urgent things like the screen wash is low. The named fault does flash up occasionally, so if your eyes are fixed to the drivers display, you can spot what the problem is. But most of the time all that's showing is the triangle. If the driver is the nervous sort it may cause them to stop imeadiatly in a dangerous place. As it is I start thinking, what is the problem, do I stop or don't I. Decision is always, the car seems fine, I'll carry on. But what if......

At last if I have to say what annoys me. It's the warning triangle that comes on for none urgent things like the screen wash is low. The named fault does flash up occasionally, so if your eyes are fixed to the drivers display, you can spot what the problem is. But most of the time all that's showing is the triangle. If the driver is the nervous sort it may cause them to stop imeadiatly in a dangerous place. As it is I start thinking, what is the problem, do I stop or don't I. Decision is always, the car seems fine, I'll carry on. But what if......

Accompanied by a loud warning bleep which makes me jump sometimes. But do get a message on the maxi dot saying what the problem is

Yes you do get the message, but only briefly, then if you don't blink you will see it again, unless your looking at the road. It's the warning triangle that causes the heart attack at 70mph!, for a trivial thing. Usually fair bit still in the bottle. The tip mileage also flashes to "screen wash" symbol occasionally. That would be enough.

I'll have another long,long,long hard think to see what else annoys me. Took 18 months to think of this one.........

Mines gone the same...like a layer of the finish has come off. Car will probably be changed in 15 months so not going to bother about it.

Mines gone the same...like a layer of the finish has come off. Car will probably be changed in 15 months so not going to bother about it.

Exactly that...started going a little around shift pattern logo and has gone 100x worse in my wifes hands. Not v good. To be fair I had a well used Mk7 GTD a few months back and that had done the same so its not just an Octy thing.

• Like 1

Exactly that...started going a little around shift pattern logo and has gone 100x worse in my wifes hands. Not v good. To be fair I had a well used Mk7 GTD a few months back and that had done the same so its not just an Octy thing.

Has to be a quality issue... I don't wear a ring..wouldn't say I have rough hands...wife doesn't drive it...thought i was just unlucky...find it really annoying when changing gear.

Edited by Keith64

Has to be a quality issue... I don't wear a ring..wouldn't say I have rough hands...wife doesn't drive it...thought i was just unlucky...find it really annoying when changing gear.

Indeed theyve skimped on the materials IMHO.

It seems as though it has some kind of synthetic matte effect leatherette coating on it....underneath its some sort of spongy vinyl.

My new GTD is OK for the moment but I expect SWIMBO will soon muck it up!

• Like 1

Ah another annoyance - the door mirrors get dirty very quickly in bad weather - the aerodynamics of the mirror housings seem to cause a vortex which sucks all the spray and dirt back in to the mirror glass

I think that's the same for the rear of the estate as well (are all estates like that?) it would have been good if they could have at least created a pocket of air to stop dirt getting into the door release handle so your fingers were clean when opening the boot. :)

The first time I noticed the screen wash warning with a triangle and beep, I immediately thought that different warning sound should be used for urgent and non-urgent warnings. The triangle should not light up for screen wash level at all as there already is a dedicated light for it in the dash.

Edited by Mardu
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Automatic rain wipers annoy me because when they are on they dont always wipe the screen when I want, and to make them wipe when lever is in position 1, you need to make double movement (up or down) to make it wipe the screen.

• Like 1