What about the things that annoy you?

The drivers seat doesn't seem to adjust quite low enough for me to feel completely comfortable. Also with the steering wheel in its highest position I catch my knees on the underside of the steering column. Never had this issue in any other car.

Ride quality is also rather poor on rougher surfaces, imperfections being felt quite easily.

I do struggle to get out of the car. I have the steering wheel the lowest it goes and the seat back enough that my shoulder is in line with the B pillar.
  • Like 1

Ergonomic perfection compared to Mercedes!

...and a mate's Renault Laguna which has the CC control towards the back and on the 'wrong' side of the centre console - noticed he always has to look down to find it!  I think having all the cruise controls on the LH stalk - something I got very used to in my MK2 Octavia - is the ideal solution.

Out of interest what its the full compliment of buttons for in front of the gear stick (i.e. What spec = no blanks?)

I'm sure I've read - on here - that even with the full suite of options there are still blanks.

Out of interest what its the full compliment of buttons for in front of the gear stick (i.e. What spec = no blanks?)

Fully specced 8 slots will be in use I think.

I thought I was going mad the first night this happened but I confirmed it this evening. I park at the back of my house, this means reversing the car in a gate, up a narrow lane and around a very tight 90 degree bend. If I pull up home when the dpf is in the middle of a regeneration the great from the exhaust causes the left hand side parking sensors to give false readings.

Really annoying when the car barely fits in the gap and in the pitch black.

- controls for cruise control are rubbish and a bit fiddly

Agree on this, better with Active Cruise but still fiddly and not illuminated.

Compared to my previous car (Mondeo) the Active cruise was all on the steering wheel and lit up. Also speed was changed in increments of 5km/h compared to the silly 10km/h on Octavia.

Finally the Active cruise display on the instrument cluster  is great, except it only shows for a few seconds.

However the action of the Active Cruise is smoother than on the Mondeo that was noticeably Jerky in action.

Edited by sdabel

It does change it 1 km/h increments...

Agree on this, better with Active Cruise but still fiddly and not illuminated.

Compared to my previous car (Mondeo) the Active cruise was all on the steering wheel and lit up. Also speed was changed in increments of 5km/h compared to the silly 10km/h on Octavia.

Finally the Active cruise display on the instrument cluster  is great, except it only shows for a few seconds.

However the action of the Active Cruise is smoother than on the Mondeo that was noticeably Jerky in action.

I don't like the rear seats being squeezed between the wheel arches. I'd rather trade some leg room for some extra width, or lengthen the wheelbase a bit more. Then you might be able to squeeze three people in the back. The width of the car is currently wasted.

Edited by Rodge

I don't like the rear seats being squeezed between the wheel arches. I'd rather trade some leg room for some extra width, or lengthen the wheelbase a bit more. Then you might be able to squeeze three people in the back. The width of the car is currently wasted.

Mine fits 3 people in the back with ease, adults too.

Mine fits 3 people in the back with ease, adults too.

There doesn't seem to be any more width in the back than in my ancient Focus, which is a much narrower car. I think the Octavia middle seat might actually be narrower. Once you put a child seat in you can forget about anyone sitting next to it, which is annoying because there's an enormous gap between the seat and the door.

I think it's more the case that the iso fix points are quite inboard on the seats. When you have 3 adults sitting you can shuffle around to make space where the seat ends but as the actual bases and iso fix points are used then there becomes quite a lot of unused space on the outsides by the doors and much less space for a middle passenger.

You could always turn the automatic folding function off. I have, since I have to keep them folded anyway until I get out of the garage.

You can close the mirrors with the mirror control and you can leave the auto function on for the rest of the time.

I think it's more the case that the iso fix points are quite inboard on the seats

That certainly doesn't help. On our child seat the isofix is optional, so we might be able to gain an extra inch by not using it. The child seat has side impact protection bits that unscrew and stick out towards the door, but on the Octavia there's still an enormous gap to the door even with them unscrewed as far as possible.

When we start using a second child seat the generous legroom in the back of the car will be completely wasted, because we'll never be able to fit an adult in the back.

If I have to pick one I will say rattles.

I still havent solved that 1700/1800 rpm rattle / vibration combing somewhere from passenger's side.

This appears randomly, probably very hard to detect if not impossible so my visit to the stealer has yet to happen.

• Like 1

You can still fit an adult in the back. Comfortably? Not for long journeys, no, but it is possible.

You're saying the Octavias rear seat isn't comfortable for adults? I personally think it's one of the roomiest and most comfortable rear seats I've ever sat in...not counting the S-class Mercedes etc.

• Thanks 1