Castle Combe Forge Summer Action Day 12/9/15 - Track Time + Show

devonutopia

Great day again :)

Excellent video.my smoke almost looks acceptable on film!!!

How bad is it to the naked eye following?

Did you get the same smart arsed comment off the marshal in the pits after the red flag that I did? 'Which part of the safety brief did you not understand' knobhead.

I'll second that,vRS19TD's car was very quick :)

Me and joe had a good view of that little excursion onto the grass!!! :D

Errm. Yes. I got the smart arse comment from the marshal too.  It was my first time at combe or any track day for that matter.  The pit lane sign may have well as been printed on a piece of A4 paper it was that small I missed it. Also I sure the bloke said in the breifing - Be prepared to go into the pit.  Well, I was prepared to go into the pit but there was no one directing me in so I just cracked on.  Little did I know it was going to be a lap of shame. LOL

• Like 1

Errm. Yes. I got the smart arse comment from the marshal too. It was my first time at combe or any track day for that matter. The pit lane sign may have well as been printed on a piece of A4 paper it was that small I missed it. Also I sure the bloke said in the breifing - Be prepared to go into the pit. Well, I was prepared to go into the pit but there was no one directing me in so I just cracked on. Little did I know it was going to be a lap of shame. LOL

Lmao..lap of shame.

Thats exactly what it was, I felt the same and I was leading the line.

I was behind a Silver octavia which turned in2pits &thought maybe he has an issue.Didn't realise till on the long straight the guy was waving the red flag like mad. Thort he was gonna throw it at me.lol

Was waiting for the r32 behind me to go vroooom past me but he didn't least I would've some one 2 hide behind.

The marshals did say something 2me but i just gave them a confused face and drove on.

• Like 1

My opinion is if you didnt want your plate in photos then either take them off or showplates haha

I could get proven wrong though :P

Edited by Copey
  • Like 1

Evening Gents, Firstly a big sorry for the early red flag on the second session. The lump going into Quarry corner got me, I caught it but having corrected it I was heading for the grass (and the barrier). Someone said you went straight out again and had a good session which made me feel slightly better.

The Westfield was going very well but now has big problems, the chassis is bent, exhaust pipes squashed, body work damage. Wont know the full extent until I start taking it apart. The frame can be straightened or cut out and re-welded, the suspension wishbones replaced. New headlight, front n/s wing, repairs to the exhaust.

At least I only have myself to blame. GUTTED!

Gutted when I saw your car in the wall :(

No need to apologise though!!!risk we all take :)

• Like 2

I did see your Westfield on recovery truck. I was appreciating and admiring your Westfield as you took it out on the first run.

Hope all gets sorted and fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Zuhayb
  • Like 1

Well it was a great day n always good to be at combe. Cheers to Jason for organising. The damp weather early on certainly made for some interesting racing in the morning esp big well done to a corsa that narrowly missed a head on with a turbo'd silver Clio sport when it crashed n span back across the track in front of him forcing him into the pits! The briskoda only sessions are always a good idea as I've found in the past you do get quite a mix of cars and talent and that's not always a good thing if you're on track. Good day all round tho n will hopefully make a track session at spring action! Some good action pics on here too!

My brother was driving the 330ci 1ac18df59951e76f9c03aba30e895910.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some Briskoda guy (not sure who you are?) gave me a boll*cking on your behalf. Decided to give me a lecture and tell me that I was ****ing off other drivers by not using my mirrors. I quickly told him he was wrong and refrained from arguing with the fella. Then somebody told me later on that it was the "black octy with the big wheels", so I'm guessing that boll*cking might have been intended for you? :D :p