Fabia III VCDS Adaptions

does anybody know if it is possible (and how) to disable the monitoring for reverse light bulbs check? I replaced them with powerful LED bulbs, but now I an getting a bulb warning. And while I am at it :) How about disabling monitoring for the rear lights?

Why would you disable bulb check and not code them to LED? It should be possible.

Why would you disable bulb check and not code them to LED? It should be possible.

I did not know this was possible, but of course I would rather do that instead. But I still need help with the coding

Reverse lights should be on position 28 and probably also 29. So you just have to test few settings (probably the correct one could be 6 - LED lichtmodule) on the first line of each position (Type of load).

But before you do any changes, make sure that you do full adap. channel map of 09, so that you have the original settings to return to, if anything will go wrong.

Disclamer: you perform all these changes at your own risk

mtl - Thank you for this info! Just to confirm, you are talking about the adaptation [09] channels where the name starts with 28 or 29. I'll post if I get this working

Correct. These two:
Leuchte28RFL C3

Leuchte29 KL30G A69

And I see no reason why this should not work, since it works on front fog lights...

Edited by mtl

Did not work :( The 28 was "Not active", and for 29 I tried some different types of LEDs. I have a list of about 30 different bulbs, and I tried two different containing the words "LED" and "ohne ..."  and one with something about footwell. But thank you for your advice anyway!

Yes, look to the right of the steering wheel (on a RHD car) a big round knob will tell you all you need to know!

thanks for the sarcasm.. on the dial - Auto illuminates.. sidelights illuminate, dipped do not.. it was just a simple question can it be illuminated via VCDS.. ?  and why the hell did Skoda not make it illuminate??? if you can't answer it, then don't bother..

I noticed that I do not have the leuchte28 position1 in the file ?? I do not know how to reset lights, so I did not do that, I just cleared the error codes in between. The entire map scan is attached.

There is no scan attached.

You reset the lights through radio on Car/Setup/Factory settings/Light. Though, it should work without that.

No, obviously not :( There was som upload functionality in the editor, but I guess it did not work. Here are the 28 and 29 sections

(19)-Leuchte27 KL58XS C67-Dimming_Direction_GH_27,maximize 
(2)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Lampendefektbit_Position_28,2B  
(3)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Fehlerort_mittleres_Byte_DTC-DFCC_28,34  
(4)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Light_Function_A_28,Rueckfahrlicht 
(5)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Light_Function_B_28,not active 
(6)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Dimming_AB_28,100 
(7)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Light_Control_HD_AB_28,Always 
(8)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Light_Function_C_28,not active 
(9)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Light_Function_D_28,not active 
(10)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Dimming_CD_28,0 
(11)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Dimming_Direction_CD_28,maximize 
(12)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Light_Function_E_28,not active 
(13)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Light_Function_F_28,not active 
(14)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Dimming_EF_28,0 
(15)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Dimming_Direction_EF_28,maximize 
(16)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Light_Function_G_28,not active 
(17)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Light_Function_H_28,not active 
(18)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Dimming_GH_28,0 
(19)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Dimming_Direction_GH_28,maximize 
(1)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Type_Of_Load_29,allgemeineGluehlampe12W 
(2)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Lampendefektbit_Position_29,00  
(3)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Fehlerort_mittleres_Byte_DTC-DFCC_29,01  
(4)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Light_Function_A_29,Klemme 30G 
(5)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Light_Function_B_29,not active 
(6)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Dimming_AB_29,100 
(7)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Light_Control_HD_AB_29,Always 
(8)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Light_Function_C_29,not active 
(9)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Light_Function_D_29,not active 
(10)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Dimming_CD_29,0 
(11)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Dimming_Direction_CD_29,maximize 
(12)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Light_Function_E_29,not active 
(13)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Light_Function_F_29,not active 
(14)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Dimming_EF_29,0 
(15)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Dimming_Direction_EF_29,maximize 
(16)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Light_Function_G_29,not active 
(17)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Light_Function_H_29,not active 
(18)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Dimming_GH_29,0 
(19)-Leuchte29 KL30G A69-Dimming_Direction_GH_29,maximize 
(1)-Leuchte2SL VLB22-Type_Of_Load_2,LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Signal 
(2)-Leuchte2SL VLB22-Lampendefektbit_Position_2,48  

I will try to test on a Fabia when I get it, but I cannot promise it will be soon.

Just try one more time with LED configuration and after coding reset the lights settings, delete fault codes in VCDS and turn off/on ignition. If this will not work maybe resistors could help, though I am not a fan of them.

Edited by mtl

Hi,

Has anyone got the comfort/convenience windows open/close to work? (The function where you hold down the open/close button, on the remote, for a few seconds, and the windows will then open/close)

I have tried to activate this function via VCDS, but without any luck.

In the [09] Cent. Electric, I have found 5-6 statements, that I think, needs to be activated.

I get the extra option, conveniences windows, under open and closing, on the Bolero radio. I can change settings – All windows, Drivers only and off, but it has not effect.

Is it even possible?

Hi,

Has anyone got the comfort/convenience windows open/close to work? (The function where you hold down the open/close button, on the remote, for a few seconds, and the windows will then open/close)

I have tried to activate this function via VCDS, but without any luck.

In the [09] Cent. Electric, I have found 5-6 statements, that I think, needs to be activated.

I get the extra option, conveniences windows, under open and closing, on the Bolero radio. I can change settings – All windows, Drivers only and off, but it has not effect.

Is it even possible?

Same issue for me - tried different combinations in VCDS. Appreciate if someone have got it working, and could post the solution :-)

I don't think it's possible guys as only the driver side window has a motor to automatically close/open fully after one depress/pull on the switch.

Confirmed - doesn't work for me either and I think the reason is as given by Dilz when I compare logs between Fabia and Polo.

I already tested this and it worked liked this:

- it worked only for drivers window (reason already stated)

- it worked randomly: once yes, then few times no, etc. Sadly I did not have enough time to do some additional tests. Within 20 tries, it worked 3 times, so not a very good success rate ;).

I will try to do some additional tests, when I get another Fabia.

Edited by mtl

Just putting it out there, but is anyone with VCDS latest version going to the national meet? Could be handy as wouldn't mind a few adaptions being done on my SE L :)

• Groan 1

Can the brightness of the LED DRL's (SE-L) in sidelight mode be increased from the default (35%) to say 60% brightness. Can the DRL be made to dim when the indicator is on

I've had these done on my Octavia Vrs and I think it looks better

Both should be possible without any problems. Don't DRL already dim with indicator active? In Slovenia they do...

If you have already done that to your Octavia, then you should have no problems with Fabia. The logic is the same and majority of light addresses also. :clap:

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

Just putting it out there, but is anyone with VCDS latest version going to the national meet? Could be handy as wouldn't mind a few adaptions being done on my SE L :)

I will have mine with me if you want a few things doing (I'm sure there will be others with VCDS).

If you spot a balding fat guy with a Metal Grey Octy III vRS chances are it'll be me! :p

I will have mine with me if you want a few things doing (I'm sure there will be others with VCDS).

If you spot a balding fat guy with a Metal Grey Octy III vRS chances are it'll be me! :p

Thanks that would be very much appreciated. :D

Hi,

I would like to retrofit the rain sensor so that I can have automatic windscreen wipers.

I have a SEL Estate – With Climate Control

The reason that I mention the Climate Control is that you then get the “big” rear view mirror, because behind it, a humidity sensor (P/N: 8U0 955 559) is placed.  This is the same “look” that a car with the rain sensor has, so in my opinion, you don’t need to change the windscreen.

As far as I know, the windscreen wiper stalk is the same with or without the auto function.  

To help me out, your car must have Climate Control and automatic windscreen wipers.  Some cars, like mine, only have one of the two.

Could anyone with VCDS please tell me the P/N for the rain/humidity sensor?

Under module [09] Central Electric >> use the dropdown menu >> take a look at the third P/N. Could be something like 5Q0 955 559 (A) or 5Q0 955 547 (A) as previously mentioned, mine is 8U0 955 559

The long coding for the module is also at nice thing to have :p

On some cars, the light sensor I also fitted behind the rear view mirror, but not in this case.

I have a square plastic piece at the button of the windscreen on the dashboard. - Cover it and the lights will come on. The conclusion may be that this is the light sensor.

Thank you