vRS Mk. II 1.4 litre twincharger oil consumption issues

8 minutes ago, Sittingbull said:

Your consumption levels in real world every day use almost mirrors where we were prior to the engine change, possibly even slightly worse. I think we were a litre every 600 odd miles, you might be 1.2 litres per 600 miles or so as I think it's just over 1 .2 litres from orange ball marker on dipstick to light coming on. There's no consistency between the 2 tests, maybe a reason why they've been reluctant to share the test results with you.

Your case manager is going down the classic straightest of straight bat lines with you, thankfully you've stuck to your guns and let them know you're not going away. You do have the extended warranty so hopefully that comes into play sooner rather than later, this is an issue that is known to them given the number of cars that have been worked on whether breather mods, squirter jets or indeed engine changes. Some with engine changes went on to have another engine change. When you are "dancing" with them, be sure to lead and trod on their toes occasionally.

If the case manager eventually says there's nothing they can do, ask for the case to be escalated to Executive Office level ie make Rod McLeod aware so that he puts one of his team onto it. Hang in there, because one with the engine the way it should be is very much worth the wait.

Good luck and keep us all posted.

For information, ours was changed under warranty in September 2014 at 26,000 miles, with courtesy cars and all tests covered by Skoda UK. I can give our case number privately should you need to refer to it. We never had a Non Disclosure Agreement so I'm doing nothing wrong.

Great to hear and i really appreciate the offer of help.  Hopefully I can tango confidently onto the winners podium. When I do it will be the kind comments and advice received from you and others that will have helped enormously.

I'll keep you posted of course.

7 minutes ago, Paul5000 said:

Great to hear and i really appreciate the offer of help.  Hopefully I can tango confidently onto the winners podium. When I do it will be the kind comments and advice received from you and others that will have helped enormously.

I'll keep you posted of course.

No worries. To continue with the cricketing analogies, when dealing with Skoda UK they won't be caught out by bouncers or yorkers, or even a full toss. Keep chipping away on a good line and length, and keep the pressure on. They will play with the straightest bat. The exact wording and open interpretation when dealing with them is key, as is not backing down one inch.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed the following comment in a Honda Jazz Owner's manual today:

The amount of oil consumed depends on how the vehicle is driven and the climatic and road conditions encountered.  The rate  of oil consumption can be up to 1 litre per 1,000 km/625 miles.
Consumption is likely to be higher when the engine is new.

The highlighting is mine.

Edited by SeaGoat

Which means nothing other than manufacturers covering themselves or trying to, Honda, VW Group or anyone else, 

because as they know 1 litre of oil consumed every 1,242 miles is not acceptable, 

it was not with Mazda Rotary engines and is not on any Euro 5 Emission petrol or diesel engine.

2 stroke engines require less oil than that.

if the Vehicle is driven in the UK with only a driver at UK NSL's never more than at 3,000 ft above sea level and in temperatures now lower than -15*oC or higher than 35*oC using Unleaded or Super Unleaded fuel and not towing as no Towbar is approved.   ie Skoda Fabia Mk2 vRS.

Hardly extremes of temperatures, altitude, or extra load.

w960_4095-227.png.770c157c672f613020746830067891b2.png

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

I guess I won't be buying a honda anytime soon then, I've had my share of funding Castrol dividends due to the early excesses of our car. I think little of what Honda say in the handbook, it really is them trying to leave themselves a get out of jail free card. 

My friend Harry had a Lada Riva back in the day, bought new from Archers of Airdrie. He was just a young chap at the time but the Lada was an opportunity to own a brand new car. To say it was basic is a massive understatement. The windows would come down of their own accord, the steering wheel was huge and the steering very heavy, it was a heavy thing but poorly built. 

Even that, despite being little better than a 5 seat tractor built in the Soviet era, did not use these amounts of oil. Honda and VW are two of the world's biggest corporations so they have no excuses.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 01/04/2018 at 21:32, Sittingbull said:

No worries. To continue with the cricketing analogies, when dealing with Skoda UK they won't be caught out by bouncers or yorkers, or even a full toss. Keep chipping away on a good line and length, and keep the pressure on. They will play with the straightest bat. The exact wording and open interpretation when dealing with them is key, as is not backing down one inch.

Hi again Sittingbull!

Well after months of the usual Skoda incompetence I can now report back to you all.

A second, longer mileage oil consumption test was EVENTUALLY conducted which confirmed that the car was indeed using too much oil.  So that was a success at least.  

The dealership followed their Skoda UK technical advisors of which repairs were required which were costed to just short of £800 parts and labour.

Today I have been told by the dealership that the only contribution I am being offered is 20% goodwill from Skoda UK!  To say I'm bristling with annoyance is an understatement... The dealership will offer nothing as the car was not bought from them (fair enough).

The dealership also claim that the parts/repairs required are not covered under the extended warranty! But seeing that other owners have had full engines replaced and other repairs carried out this could maybe be my bone of contention.

I have not yet spoke to SKODA UK regarding this but aim to do that ASAP.

So do you guys have any advice for me on how to proceed now?

Thanks in advance :) 

Paul.

On 31/03/2018 at 08:30, Offski said:

Do you mean the Oil Spray Jets (Squirters).   

No need for you to suggest anything, the Qualified Technicians or Warranty Manager need to review the engines condition, have the Oil Consumption Test Results, 

have had a borescope down the plug holes etc and look at what is required.

If the is trying Breather Mod, new Squirters, Software Update then they need to do that, and if a replacement engine then that is what it needs to get.

I bumped the Oil Spray Jets (squirters) thread for you.

Hi again Offski!

Well after months of the usual Skoda incompetence I can now report back to you all.

A second, longer mileage oil consumption test was EVENTUALLY conducted which confirmed that the car was indeed using too much oil.  So that was a success at least.  

The dealership followed their Skoda UK technical advisors of which repairs were required which were costed to just short of £800 parts and labour.

Today I have been told by the dealership that the only contribution I am being offered is 20% goodwill from Skoda UK!  To say I'm bristling with annoyance is an understatement... The dealership will offer nothing as the car was not bought from them (fair enough).

The dealership also claim that the parts/repairs required are not covered under the extended warranty! But seeing that other owners have had full engines replaced and other repairs carried out this could maybe be my bone of contention.

Thanks in advance :) 

Paul.

• Like 1

What are they going to do for £800 in parts and labour.  20% of that is VAT.

Not much can be getting advised by the 'Skoda UK technical adviser,  is it new Oil Spray Jets and a software update? 

If so that is just a starter, and as it is they know they are 'at fault' and when that does not work they are in it for a Replacement Engine.  Cheeky barstewards.

• Like 1

?

Have you got the Official Oil Consumption test results, weight of oil before test and after of the oil, and miles covered between?

Have you got a copy of that Skoda UK's technical advisers recommendations and the breakdown of the parts required, Part Numbers and cost and labour time?

If not i would be asking for that.

Ask the Dealership, and ask Skoda UK CS.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

????
What are the actual parts that are not covered?    Is it the Valves, or Pistons, Rings, Scrappers, because they are the parts causing the Excessive Oil Consumption.

As to Oil Spray Jets, they never failed, they were just not fit for purpose due to Fundamental Design, Manufacturing, or materials, 

just as the Pistons and rings were not, this is why upgraded parts will get fitted if there was to be a rebuild of the engine, 

or a new engine going in would not be like for like, because VW Group  / Skoda had to revise the engines & the software.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 2

Thanks for getting back so fast.

I don't have any of the paperwork pertaining to the tests or parts required however they told me on the phone that what is needed is:

Fresh air supply pipe, crank case breather pipe, oil jets (bottom of sump) replaced, new oil = £793.

I would tell them.

The Breather Mod part 1 or part 2 as done in Australia was done to oil users under warranty, as was the software update, so if the car never got it before, 

they can pay now.

The new Oil Spray Jets and Software Update is because of the Fundamental Design, Manufacturing, materials issue that required them to come up with this 'patch', 

so The Warranty would cover that,  but the success rate is poor,  engine age / mile / wear dependent.

So all in they are taking the Pith IMO.

I will bump the Oil Spray Jet thread for you.  Some say it worked, then stopped working, or worked long enough to punt the car.

The parts and prices are in various threads including this one at some point.

• Like 2

I replied in that thread as well.

?

So you had an Extended Warranty, had a Oil Consumption test, they said that was borderline, now they say parts required.

Someone is at it, you had a Warranty, the Warranty Provider knows the engine type and the issues that can happen, the upgrade that was required and that is hit or miss.

Best get those Official Oil Consumption Results, the first ones done early this year and now these results, and tell Skoda UK and the Warranty Provider / Manager, 

think again.

• Like 2

I’ll add my two penneth.

i had my engine replaced 10 months ago & have had no issues (as yet- touch wood!). It was done with a month left on my warranty free of charge.  I had had 3 previous oil consumption tests carried out & had the spray bar mod done before that. The mod seemed to sort the issue out on the final test, but I wasn’t taking any chances & “helped” to make sure it failed the consumption test. I never actually saw any proper consumption print outs but I think that was because I had been in touch with Skoda UK & told the dealership I knew that Skoda were covering it so they weren’t actually paying for it. I think it also helped in that I had bought the car from them & it was serviced there too. My advice- do everything in person & make it awkward for them. Don’t leave the dealership until they are doing what you want & make sure you get some sort of reference number from Skoda UK. If they aren’t playing ball, call Skoda FROM the dealerships phone & get it on loudspeaker. Have them argue it out between them & throw curveballs in if you have to. Once they know you are informed, intelligent enough to have done your research & are aware of your rights, you’ll be amazed at how compliant they can be. Good luck.

• Like 2

Thanks Rhys, another worthwhile two penneth.

I assume this was Skoda UK whose warranty covered all those tests, spray bar mod and engine replacement?  If so, then surely they should be covering my repairs as well.

PS My car was bought from a dealership with an Extended Warranty that was transferable from the previous owner.  Which was one of the reasons I bought it.  I reported the oil consumption issues with a Skoda UK case number generated in Feb 2018 and the warranty expired May 2018.  Its taken 6 months of fudging and delaying from Skoda but now they admit that its using too much oil. But come back with the 20% slap in the face.

I think it will be a phonecall to SUK tomorrow to establish what is/isn't covered under warranty.  Surely this should all be in black and white and provable ?

Thanks again all :thumbup:

I bought the car from new & purchased the extended warranty. It was a no brained- exactly the same as the original 3 year one, cheap & as you say, transferable. I had gone to the dealership in April & the engine wasn’t changed until October, so I’m not surprised about the delay. I sent an email to the dealership right at the beginning so I had a “start of fault” date that was acknowledged by them in black & white. If it’s an official Skoda dealership, they are all franchises anyway- it makes no difference where you bought it & when. There is a problem with your car, which you purchased in good faith, it has an issue that has been recognised by the manufacturer & you’re not paying for it. Full stop. Like I said, they will try it on because they don’t want the hassle of claiming it all back from SUK (who will scrutinise the invoice & mean they could lose some of their margin), but that’s not your problem. Again, get in there early, stay all day, be loud enough so potential buyers hear when you the customer service isn’t like it used to be etc etc etc. Make them want to do anything to get rid of you!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paul5000 said:

Hi again Sittingbull!

Thanks in advance :) 

Paul.

Morning Paul,

Forgive the brevity of my response, I'm due out the door to drive my bus very shortly and as it happens logged in this morning for the first time in a while.

In a nutshell, and not surprisingly, Skoda UK are at it. By "at it" what do I mean? Taking the mickey.

The car is suffering from the long standing and well known, to owners, dealers and most importantly to Skoda UK, oil consumption issue that has blighted the 132/136 kw 1.4tsi engine from the outset across VAG. Two tests have been commissioned to determine the level of oil use, the tests have determined that unfortunately your car can join the list of these cars that have experienced this problem and is using an excessive amount of oil.

Now that this fact has been established, it really comes down to Skoda UK to look at where they stand now in terms of information and facts they have before them.

1. Is the car a Skoda? Yes

2. Does it have a valid warranty? Yes

3. Has the car been presented to us for inspection and testing? Yes

4. Has the car been subjected to the required tests at an approved franchise dealer? Yes

5. Has the car been tested according to accepted guidelines handed down by Skoda UK by an approved dealer? Yes.

6. Are the results of the tests conclusive or inconclusive? Yes, conclusive.

7. Were the tests conducted to establish excessive oil consumption? Yes

8. Is the owner of the vehicle at fault for this excessive oil consumption? No

9. Are the oil consumption issues something we have had experience of with this make and model of car? Yes

10. Have any of these make and model of car fitted with the 132/136 kw 1.4tsi engine ever had an engine replaced to solve the oil consumption issue? Yes

11. Were any of those engines replaced under the terms of an active warranty? Yes

12. On any occasion that this happened have Skoda UK met the full cost of this work? Yes.

13. Have Skoda UK made an offer towards repair costs for this vehicle? Yes

14 Have Skoda UK offered to meet the whole cost of claim relating to this vehicle? No

15. Why not? What is different about the this claim with merit when presented to others that have been presented with identical problems, that have gone through the approved Skoda UK processes and that has a valid warranty? Nothing different.

16. Should Skoda UK be offering parity of treatment to this owner with other owners who have had an engine replaced at no cost to themselves? Yes.

Don't back down one inch. As you can see from above, you are not to blame, it's not something they haven't come across before or dealt with in a just manner before. You have a warranty, and they have previously replaced for others under the same warranty terms.The engine block and key components were designed, manufactured and fitted by VAG/ Skoda, not you. If the block or key components have failed, that's their fault and responsibility lies with them to provide remedy that you as the customer are satisfied with. An offer of 20% to cost of repair doesn't satisfy.

Keep at them, you have a valid case number. Escalate to CEO.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sittingbull said:

Morning Paul,

Forgive the brevity of my response, I'm due out the door to drive my bus very shortly and as it happens logged in this morning for the first time in a while.

In a nutshell, and not surprisingly, Skoda UK are at it. By "at it" what do I mean? Taking the mickey.

The car is suffering from the long standing and well known, to owners, dealers and most importantly to Skoda UK, oil consumption issue that has blighted the 132/136 kw 1.4tsi engine from the outset across VAG. Two tests have been commissioned to determine the level of oil use, the tests have determined that unfortunately your car can join the list of these cars that have experienced this problem and is using an excessive amount of oil.

Now that this fact has been established, it really comes down to Skoda UK to look at where they stand now in terms of information and facts they have before them.

1. Is the car a Skoda? Yes

2. Does it have a valid warranty? Yes

3. Has the car been presented to us for inspection and testing? Yes

4. Has the car been subjected to the required tests at an approved franchise dealer? Yes

5. Has the car been tested according to accepted guidelines handed down by Skoda UK by an approved dealer? Yes.

6. Are the results of the tests conclusive or inconclusive? Yes, conclusive.

7. Were the tests conducted to establish excessive oil consumption? Yes

8. Is the owner of the vehicle at fault for this excessive oil consumption? No

9. Are the oil consumption issues something we have had experience of with this make and model of car? Yes

10. Have any of these make and model of car fitted with the 132/136 kw 1.4tsi engine ever had an engine replaced to solve the oil consumption issue? Yes

11. Were any of those engines replaced under the terms of an active warranty? Yes

12. On any occasion that this happened have Skoda UK met the full cost of this work? Yes.

13. Have Skoda UK made an offer towards repair costs for this vehicle? Yes

14 Have Skoda UK offered to meet the whole cost of claim relating to this vehicle? No

15. Why not? What is different about the this claim with merit when presented to others that have been presented with identical problems, that have gone through the approved Skoda UK processes and that has a valid warranty? Nothing different.

16. Should Skoda UK be offering parity of treatment to this owner with other owners who have had an engine replaced at no cost to themselves? Yes.

Don't back down one inch. As you can see from above, you are not to blame, it's not something they haven't come across before or dealt with in a just manner before. You have a warranty, and they have previously replaced for others under the same warranty terms.The engine block and key components were designed, manufactured and fitted by VAG/ Skoda, not you. If the block or key components have failed, that's their fault and responsibility lies with them to provide remedy that you as the customer are satisfied with. An offer of 20% to cost of repair doesn't satisfy.

Keep at them, you have a valid case number. Escalate to CEO.

Hi Sittingbull, hope you've had a good day aboard the Venga-bus (?!) :) 

Thanks so much for your bullet points - very helpful indeed.

I have today done as you suggested, and raised it to executive level.  They've told me to expect a phone-call from an Executive within 24hrs so that will be (most likely) tomorrow morning.

I can see a couple of points they'll use against me:

1. The 2nd oil consumption test which confirmed excessive oil use was conducted outside of the warranty period.  However my come-back is that I originally reported the issue to them well within the warranty period.  It is not my fault that they have been unable to organise a 2nd test without months of missed communications.  Hmmmm wonder why...?

2.They may say this type of repair is not covered by the terms of the warranty.  I have read elsewhere on here that the extended warranty only covers 'sudden' and 'unexpected' failure. They could therefore argue that the car has not failed as it is still roadworthy.  My comeback to this? Potentially what you have mentioned in that other cars repairs have been fully funded by Skoda so why not mine...?

3.My car was purchased from a non-Skoda private dealer (with the warranty transferable from previous owner). They may not like this fact, and indeed the Manager of my local Skoda dealership (where the oil consumption tests were done) has declined to contribute to any of the repair costs as it was not bought from them.  And that actually (for once) seems a reasonable standpoint, from dealership at least.

Paul.

Sadly there are those that have bought an Extended Warranty and been blown out by Skoda UK.

Ones that even went to the Ombudsman and got no place.

It is a sad state of affairs how each has to fight the battle to get Skoda UK or Warranty Underwriters to do the right thing.

All the best with it all.

Do you have those results of the first Oil Consumption Test yet that the Warranty Provider paid for.

What did they calculate the Oil Consumption to be to have it as borderline?

Then the latest results, what was the dropped oil weight before the miles covered for the test, and what was the weight at the end, 

and what was the calculated oil use.  

Was it more oil used because the Warranty Provider was not taking any action after the first test. Like then doing the Breater Mod and Oil Spray Jets and Software Update?

That is the argument i would be putting to the 'Communications Manager' or 'Executive' that is contacting you.

Possible known issue by Skoda, owners reports ASAP, tests done, no action taken by the professionals, problem gets worse, who is at fault, 

not the Owner with the Warranty Policy and the duff vehicle.

• Like 2

Hi Paul.

Regarding those points against you....

1- They wanted to do the second test. If there were no issues with the first one they would have waved goodbye there & then. They did it to try to invalidate not only your claim but also their first test.

2- The warranty (ignore the extended part because it’s just a longer version of the original one) does cover against defects or flaws that are unexpected. This isn’t the case! Skoda are well aware of the flaws, issues & failures of these engines- why else would they carry out test after test, carry out mods or change engines? Not out of the kindness of their hearts obviously.

3- Who cares where you bought it from? It has a warranty that is with the car & is owned by you. Whether your local dealer wants to pay for it or not (& don’t agree or sympathise with him) is irrelevant & not your problem. All dealers do with warranty claims is get the money back from Skoda. They don’t like doing it because they can’t skim extra off the top & have to physically send the items back- not store them for “spares”.

Make sure you have the chat in the showroom & tell them at the start you are recording it. Why? ‘Cos your memory is so bad you don’t want to forget anything important. Make sure they say their name, department & what authority they have to get the repair done. You want a genuine person who can do what you want, not a junior who’s been told to fob you off.

Keep persevering & don’t be scared to mention you’ve taken legal advice- make sure it’s clear it’s not a full blown solicitor, just a legal advisor from your workplace union or similar.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul5000 said:

Hi Sittingbull, hope you've had a good day aboard the Venga-bus (?!) :) 

Thanks so much for your bullet points - very helpful indeed.

I have today done as you suggested, and raised it to executive level.  They've told me to expect a phone-call from an Executive within 24hrs so that will be (most likely) tomorrow morning.

I can see a couple of points they'll use against me:

1. The 2nd oil consumption test which confirmed excessive oil use was conducted outside of the warranty period.  However my come-back is that I originally reported the issue to them well within the warranty period.  It is not my fault that they have been unable to organise a 2nd test without months of missed communications.  Hmmmm wonder why...?

2.They may say this type of repair is not covered by the terms of the warranty.  I have read elsewhere on here that the extended warranty only covers 'sudden' and 'unexpected' failure. They could therefore argue that the car has not failed as it is still roadworthy.  My comeback to this? Potentially what you have mentioned in that other cars repairs have been fully funded by Skoda so why not mine...?

3.My car was purchased from a non-Skoda private dealer (with the warranty transferable from previous owner). They may not like this fact, and indeed the Manager of my local Skoda dealership (where the oil consumption tests were done) has declined to contribute to any of the repair costs as it was not bought from them.  And that actually (for once) seems a reasonable standpoint, from dealership at least.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

It may not seem like it, but you have just made progress in getting the case taken out of the call handlers hands and into the Executive Office. Call handlers mantra, or at least as it seemed to me, was to hear the customer out, give out the correct soundbites and platitudes, but when push comes to shove they're representing their employers interests not yours.

In your case however, without involvement from Executive office, you have been offered 20% towards the cost. My experience tells me that was an opening gambit. Hang in there. The trick is to be assertive, sticking to the facts as presented, rather than aggressive.

As for your own bulleted points of concern, the first is a non starter given that the case number generated by Skoda UK themselves was within the warranty period and no satisfactory solution had been found by the time that warranty expired, you as a responsible owner did all that could be reasonably expected of you in raising the concern and going through their established processes. The time it takes them to resolve the matter satisfactorily is out of your hands, you raised it within the warranty period, those are the facts.

The third one about buying from a non franchised dealer doesn't stand scrutiny either. Our car was bought from Arnold Clark Ford, Linwood. Our engine was replaced under warranty by Skoda UK at no cost to ourselves after a failed oil consumption test in September 2014. All costs were met by Skoda UK, including the cost of an automatic courtesy car while ours was in the garage. The important point isn't where the car was purchased, the important fact is that the car came with Skoda UK approved extended warranty on it, and the warranty was still valid after transfer of ownership,

As for the second point, yes they could try that argument. But again, the simple fact of the matter is that SUK are more than aware that there have been similar complaints about this very issue since the car was introduced back in 2010. They know that hundreds, if not thousands of these cars have had some kind of remedial work carried out on them in an attempt to address this issue, ranging from oil breather modification, new jets, or indeed replacement engines. SUK themselves know that in a wider attempt to address the problem across the Volkswagen Audi Group the CAVE variant of the 132/136 kw 1.4tsi engine was replaced from November 2012 onwards with the CTHE variant. They know, and we know they know, that they did this because of one or all of the following; that the design, manufacture or components used were not of the required standard to ensure a reasonable lifespan for the vehicles in question.

Offski has also made some excellent points about others in the process not having acted quickly enough to provide a suitable solution and perhaps worsening the situation, none of that is your fault. As it happens, your battle is not with the dealer, its with Skoda UK. All the dealer does is sell and maintain the product, Skoda and VAG are ultimately responsible for the quality of the car and all its key components that they supply to the dealer network.

Let them know you intend hanging in there until they satisfactorily resolve this. You know other owners have had the engine replacement under warranty at no cost to themselves.

• Like 4

Afternoon all! :nod: 

I'm back with a small update.....

A chat was had today with Mr Executive whereupon he has stated that he needs to:

1. Do further investigation regarding the 1st oil consumption test by obtaining test data from the Dealers (surely S.U.K should already have this?).

2. Review the test data to determine if test was done correctly (as above) 

3. Speak to S.U.K technical team for further advice & guidance regarding 1st oil consumption test.

4.Get back to me Friday latest. 

Mr Offski will be pleased to hear I've asked for the consumption test figures to be provided to me as well which he says he will.

And so now I await.....  But without holding my breath as from my experience Skoda time travels about 1/4 pace. 

Paul.

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing the copies of the 'report' that the Master Tech provided to the Warranty Manager showing the first Consumption Test as being 'Borderline'.

?

How many miles was the first test done over, and how many was the 2nd and most recent test carried out over?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Offski said:

Looking forward to seeing the copies of the 'report' that the Master Tech provided to the Warranty Manager showing the first Consumption Test as being 'Borderline'.

?

How many miles was the first test done over, and how many was the 2nd and most recent test carried out over?

1st test - 186 miles.

2nd test - 600 requested by Dealership but ended up doing 750 due to being away on holiday.

PS - Still not sure he'll give me a paper copy of the data, but will expect me to be happy with being verbally told of the results.  We'll see!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why should the owner of the vehicle and the warranty policy holder have the results withheld?

Not Data Protection, they can withhold the Technicians name.

The 300 km test is next to useless anyway as the oil use increases as the quantity drops and the drop in 186 miles is not much even with excessive users, 

and especially if a tech 'Over fills it in error',   as some do, pure mistake obviously,  but why the dropped oil weight is important on the report.

the 750 mile usage is more important.

the 0.5 litres in 1,000 km is not acceptable, or 1 litre in 2,000 km (1,242 miles),  but the weight of oil over the 750 miles is going to be very important.

But Skoda and you need to know the weight drained before the test and after the test.

This is the crazy Invoice /  report where a Tech must have though 1 litre weight 1,000 grams. 

& that they got all of the 3.6 oil out at the beginning of the test, and then have it weighing 1,000 grams a litre.

3,643 grams of drained oil would be over 4.2 litres not 3.6 litres.

455a4eee-ff43-4186-9c92-b94363e633a0_zps11333bb7 (2).jpg

Edited by Offski