Superb Order tracker

I think it will bug a bit alright as I already had to compromise on the dash inserts - I don't like the aluminium look and piano black wasn't an option so now there are two aspects of the interior I'm not mad about.  I know most people wouldn't be bothered but when you're into your cars and paying good money you want things to be right.  Like most customer service experiences however, the way it is dealt with makes all the difference so we'll see.

Yeah, I didn't think that username through at the time :) :)  Always assumed there would be a 170 :)

Having a quick Google I see what you mean about the aluminium and piano black, it does change the interior. I can't blame ya, I'd most likely feel the same, the Superb exudes class on the outside, and you'd want the same behind the wheel.

I'm hoping to see my RS tomorrow considering our cars were on the same ship. Hoping they ring me for a change as I've had to ring them about everything so far.

Having a quick Google I see what you mean about the aluminium and piano black, it does change the interior. I can't blame ya, I'd most likely feel the same, the Superb exudes class on the outside, and you'd want the same behind the wheel.

I'm hoping to see my RS tomorrow considering our cars were on the same ship. Hoping they ring me for a change as I've had to ring them about everything so far.

Well the blue with the beige looks good so the car should look classy enough. I suppose I'm just a bit spoilt already having had both an elegance and an L&K. Having said that, there is spec on the new one that would still be extra on top of the L&K, like the ventilated seats, heated steering wheel and a few other bits so it's still a decent car.

Are you finding Corbett's a bit slow on the communication? I think they might be struggling a bit still trying to keep on top of it all. We were in last month ordering an Octavia TSI for herself and they were fine but a little under pressure at times and not sure of themselves with specs etc. We went with them for the Octavia as it's handier. Clonmel just suits me with work. At least we can compare both!

Edited by Superb170

Well the blue with the beige looks good so the car should look classy enough. I suppose I'm just a bit spoilt already having had both an elegance and an L&K. Having said that, there is spec on the new one that would still be extra on top of the L&K, like the ventilated seats, heated steering wheel and a few other bits so it's still a decent car.

Are you finding Corbett's a bit slow on the communication? I think they might be struggling a bit still trying to keep on top of it all. We were in last month ordering an Octavia TSI for herself and they were fine but a little under pressure at times and not sure of themselves with specs etc. We went with them for the Octavia as it's handier. Clonmel just suits me with work. At least we can compare both!

I think your right, when I popped into them in early November to get a build date on the car, I was shown the list of orders 70+ for Skodas alone. That is a fair bit of pressure as from what I could see they have separate sales teams for the Skoda,Seat & Mazda brand. I do wish them the best, but they could do with an extra pair of hands and someone familiar with the brand.

• Like 1

Got an email from the dealer today. Car was manufactured this week, will pick it up on or around the 28th.

Originally: Order placed on Sept 28th, total turnaround would be 13 weeks. L&K 220 hatch, maxed-out sans panoramic roof.

• Like 1

Car arrived in the dealer today - between six and seven weeks after I ordered so no bad.  Will be having a look tomorrow and get pics and check the spec however, I just discovered it doesn't have LED ambient lighting!  Really disappointed with that :(   There was a spec change for the Irish market just after I ordered whereby the ambient light package moved from a standard item on the Style (SE L) to the L&K but I was told at the time that mine would have it.  TBF the dealer is already pushing for some compensation for that.

I Hope I get it with led ambient light, I have ordered it on 15 september Style equipment and this ambient light is in this equipment :) I also didn't see any changes around equipments during waiting the car

I Hope I get it with led ambient light, I have ordered it on 15 september Style equipment and this ambient light is in this equipment :) I also didn't see any changes around equipments during waiting the car

You might be okay if you ordered it then.  My order was much later.  Hope you get it.  Forcing you to pay over €400 for KESSY, which appears to be the option now here in Ireland (and the UK AFAIK)  just to have ambient lighting is a bit cheeky!

Edited by Superb170

You might be okay if you ordered it then.  My order was much later.  Hope you get it.

I hope too :) And I also get the 8" bolero this change was just 2 weeks before my order :) I do have to wait form my car till 2nd week of 2017, I was hoping to get it for christmas :)

Picked up my car on Saturday (17th Dec) and very pleased with both it and the service received from the dealer. Will leave reviews of both later.

Edited by bryanc
  • Like 1

Yesterday I had confirmation that our Superb was built complete week 50 (as originally suggested) and left the factory for Swedish soils...so factoring in the Christmas holidays and what not, it is looking like an early to mid January pick up (initially told mid january). So far so good!

Just needed to get that info out there. This waiting game is frustratingly exciting. I'm certainly not wishing the time away, just can't wait! It's like being a kid at Christmas again... ;-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

S3 L&K Estate, Brilliant Silver, 150 2.0 TDI Manual.

Extras: Variable Boot floor, Heated Nozzles.

Ordered 26th October 2016 at dealership.

Advised 10-12 weeks for delivery by salesman (Mid to Late January)

​I still no confirmed build date (should I expect an email from SUK)

In email conversation with dealer this week, I was told that I was unable to make a change because it had become 'locked for production' - anyone able to comment how long is the lead time from 'locking' to build?

I asked for build date but have still received no reply from dealership, but in prior conversation he mentioned it had moved to week 5! - and then back to week 2.

It also seems from other threads that delivery can be 2 -4 weeks from build?, should I be concerned that I am looking at February delivery?

​This is my first Skoda moving from a Mondeo Titanium X Estate. Would appreciate any insights or observations.

:notme: 

S3 L&K Estate, Brilliant Silver, 150 2.0 TDI Manual.

Extras: Variable Boot floor, Heated Nozzles.

Ordered 26th October 2016 at dealership.

Advised 10-12 weeks for delivery by salesman (Mid to Late January)

​I still no confirmed build date (should I expect an email from SUK)

In email conversation with dealer this week, I was told that I was unable to make a change because it had become 'locked for production' - anyone able to comment how long is the lead time from 'locking' to build?

I asked for build date but have still received no reply from dealership, but in prior conversation he mentioned it had moved to week 5! - and then back to week 2.

It also seems from other threads that delivery can be 2 -4 weeks from build?, should I be concerned that I am looking at February delivery?

​This is my first Skoda moving from a Mondeo Titanium X Estate. Would appreciate any insights or observations.

:notme:

2 to 4 weeks from build sounds about right however I would push the dealer to get a solid written response, after all you're parting with a lot of hard-earned cash! If it's going to be into February for delivery would you be better waiting for a 17 plate in March?

Probably not going to wait as I need the car - just wondering whether the car being locked for production meant anything in terms of a build date and lead times etc?

Called SUK today who were not sure when the factory re-opened 'but it maybe today' and my vehicle still has no confirmed build week, 9 weeks post order despite dealer representations that usually 10-12 weeks for delivery.

Apparently the unconfirmed build week is W3 which if it holds, may take delivery up to circa 16 weeks.

Mmmm

Dealer just called us

We ordered our Superb Sportline on Monday 7th November.

Dealer has called and said the car is 'on a boat' and 'awaiting allocation'. Hopefully we will see it by the end of the month :-) 

On the boat after 8 weeks is miles better than my Superb SE Business Estate  that took 19 weeks from order to delivery

Slowly, slowly, catch the monkey...

Actually they're not too shabby to be fair. Right on schedule, our Superb is set to arrive at the dealership this coming Sunday. So all being well they will prepare the 'bundle of joy' over the following week. I imagine the weekend after this one I'll be behind the wheel grinning like a Cheshire cat!

Hi everyone, I'm moving over from MKII to MKIII but according to dealer it could take 6 months :o (To be fair to dealer, I have yet to get confirmed build data - hoping to hear towards end of this week).

Car spec

Estate 2.0 TSi DSG - Moon white - Beige - std Anthracite 18" alloys

Toys added:

Panoramic roof

Heated nozzels

Heated steering wheel with paddles

Temporary spare wheel

Reversing camera

Smart light assist

Travel assist

Dealer fitted  protection pack - mudflaps, passenger and load bay heavy duty rubber mats.

Congrats ssvickers

I Ordered 27.11.10.

Just heard my build week is confirmed as W3 (w/c 16th January) with delivery time approximately

4 weeks thereafter.

A fair way beyond '10-12 weeks' suggested by dealership.

If mid Feb delivery don't ask dealership to hold for a 17 plate in March? Will it make much difference to the residual value? Any thoughts?

Got an email from the dealer today. Car was manufactured this week, will pick it up on or around the 28th.

Originally: Order placed on Sept 28th, total turnaround would be 13 weeks. L&K 220 hatch, maxed-out sans panoramic roof.

Hit a bump on the road - car was not delivered due to "holidays related delays"... Hopefully, will be collected tomorrow PM. Keep your fingers xed for me :)

Congrats ssvickers

I Ordered 27.11.10.

Just heard my build week is confirmed as W3 (w/c 16th January) with delivery time approximately

4 weeks thereafter.

A fair way beyond '10-12 weeks' suggested by dealership.

If mid Feb delivery don't ask dealership to hold for a 17 plate in March? Will it make much difference to the residual value? Any thoughts?

I ordered mine on 20 November and specified a 17 plate as a mid February 66 plate will be worth less than a 17 plate. I haven't had any update from the dealer to confirm delivery (hopefully it will be before 1 April otherwise it will fall into the higher tax banding).

I ordered mine on 20 November and specified a 17 plate as a mid February 66 plate will be worth less than a 17 plate. I haven't had any update from the dealer to confirm delivery (hopefully it will be before 1 April otherwise it will fall into the higher tax banding).

Is the plate dependent on the dealer registering the car rather than delivery date? If so, presumably I would have to contact the dealer and ask them to hold the vehicle and not to register it until 01/03/17? - anyone had adverse dealer reaction to this?